Speeder Bike & Scout PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This piece will be a centerpiece in ways most other SW PF's (of more popular characters) are not going to be able to match up. Size and price aside.

SolidLiquidFox said:
This piece will be a centerpiece in ways most other SW PF's (of more popular characters) are not going to be able to match up. Size and price aside.
Exactly, this will trump General Grievous which was the centerpeice for many of us even though it was a much less popular character.

AMAZING PIECE FO SURE.....POTENTIAL GRAIL IN THE MAKING.

customizerwannabe said:
Maybe...but that remains to be seen. Grievous is very impressive.

I was floored when I walked around the corner on Thur and saw this. Grievous was very impressive and is the #1 reason I am here and even collect Sideshow. It was my first peice and just wanted it after seeing it at SDCC last year. The scout was on a different level.

Morgan the Raider said:
No way is it worth 4x the GG piece. This looks great, but it's a space hog and way too much. I'll stick with my GG.

I was able to see both in person at CIV and its easily worth it the GG is a nice small peice but this was just :bow

mfoga said:
Exactly, this will trump General Grievous which was the centerpeice for many of us even though it was a much less popular character.

Funny thing is that I have seen Grievous in person and I am not as blown away as some people seem to be by it. The detail on it is amazing but is not end all/be all that I gotta have for $450.

My dislike on the character in ROTS may have something to do with it... :monkey3

I think the most exciting thing about the Biker Scout PF is that we now know that virtually any visually interesting SW character is fair game for a future PF. :rock

Khev said:
I think the most exciting thing about the Biker Scout PF is that we now know that virtually any visually interesting SW character is fair game for a future PF. :rock

that is very true....

It didn't bother me at first but at $800, the differences to the speeder bike in the movie are really starting to sour me on this piece. I re-watched RotJ ten times since this PF came out and watched all the speeder bike scenes in slow motion and don't see that black pipe coming out from the bottom of the bike in any of them.

Fritz said:
I re-watched RotJ ten times since this PF came out and watched all the speeder bike scenes in slow motion and don't see that black pipe coming out from the bottom of the bike in any of them.

You must have been watching the Special Edition then. :lol

I know this has probably been answered in this thread but I dont have time to check the pages. Does anyone have an idea how flexpay would work on an item this expensive? Do they take $100 a month or is it more? Any info would be gratly appreciated.

DarthMagnus said:
I know this has probably been answered in this thread but I dont have time to check the pages. Does anyone have an idea how flexpay would work on an item this expensive? Do they take $100 a month or is it more? Any info would be gratly appreciated.

Usually Flexpay is split up over a 3 month span.

So, you would be making 3 monthly payments of around $267 each.

I just realized this isn't going on sale in the morning.

:monkey2

Got my preorder schedule mixed up.

Anyway, I really wonder what the edition size will be. I keep thinking of the last Star Wars PF. They said of Darth Maul: "The Exclusive edition will have a very low edition size of only 1,000 pieces world-wide."

So in the Star Wars PF line, they consider 1000 pieces to be a "very low" edition size. Of course, that was for a $300 piece. But with that in mind, even with a price tag of $800, I am not expecting a truly low edition size for the speeder--I would think that between 250-300 would honestly be considered low. Realistically, I am guessing maybe 650-750 to have enough for the dealers. If this were exclusive to Sideshow then we might be looking at a lower overall edition size, but since they are also making enough for dealers worldwide, it's going to have to be more of a medium sized edition. (Master Replicas made 1500 studio scale Falcons, and that cost almost three times as much as this.)

The Predator bust was more expensive and from a less popular line, yet Sideshow made 1000 of those. (And at $845, it qualifies for free shipping. Hint, hint.) They made 1500 Alien Queen busts at $945. So even at this price, 1000 pieces would probably be considered low in Star Wars merchandising terms. They have produced much more expensive pieces outside the golden Star Wars license with runs of 1k and over, so I am not expecting anything close to 250 Speeder Bike PFs.

Back