1/6 Speculation: Star Wars Episode IX Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How things turn in a circle eh?
Circle of life.

Some folks give Hamill too much credit, and I get that he is the boyhood hero to many.

Hamill MAY feel connected to the character, He MAY have good insight to the character after all these years, he MAY feel he owes something to the fans......but he took the job because of the money. Simple as that. He got screwed on the OT deal so this was a way for him to make money off the role that he was known for.

I doubt he would have done it for free, and he didn’t feel strongly enough about the changes to walk off the project.

So its about the Money , and who can blame him. If Mark Hamill the PERSON made tons of cash off the role finally, then I am not too concerned about Luke Skywalker the CHARACTER and what happened to him.

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....
No offense but this is such a stupid argument. First of all you do realize that he signed a contract right? If he had said he wouldn't agree to it he'd be in breach of that, which would likely have pretty big financial implications, and would also cause him to burn bridges with Disney which would be pretty dumb considering how much of Hollywood they control these days. Bottom line is it would have been stupid for him to have walked away as it would have had a lot of negative ramifications.

I'm sure the money was a big incentive, but I tend to believe Hamill when he said the main reason he signed on was because he knew fans would be upset if he didn't. And that if Carrie and Ford hadn't already signed on, he wouldn't have either.

I'm sure the money was a big incentive, but I tend to believe Hamill when he said the main reason he signed on was because he knew fans would be upset if he didn't. And that if Carrie and Ford hadn't already signed on, he wouldn't have either.
For sure, but dropping out due to creative differences when you’re signed for three films would pretty much be career suicide. He hasn’t exactly had a huge live action career in the first place but he’s have made it worse by not being in the film.

It looks like Rey and Poe's costumes from the leak are accurate. I'm also digging Rey's slightly altered, more refined hairstyle.

ST E9.jpg

The thing is though that I agree with him that the character is all wrong. Like TaliBane mentioned Hamill gets what fans wanted from him as Luke, and like I mentioned earlier I think he’s as much of a fan of the Star Wars universe as anyone and didn’t feel like the direction his character went in The Last Jedi was a natural progression of the character and didn’t even feel like the same person in a lot of ways.

No of course, it’s perfectly fine to agree with him as well. My point was that there are some people who cite Mark Hamill’s (from his fanboy perspective) not liking the way the character was portrayed as being “proof” that the way the character was portrayed, was inherently wrong. I just disagree with that argument because one can disagree with Mark Hamill.

I’ve seen many cogent arguments on both sides of the aisle hearkening back to the OT, that eloquently lay out why Luke’s behavior and reactions in the ST are or aren’t in line with the character, without having to lazily look to authority to claim that’s why they’re “right”. Many of these arguments also for why Luke’s character didn’t correspond with his character in the OT, are much better articulated and convincing than even Mark Hamill’s.

I'm really glad they're taking us to another desert planet. I've really missed that in the Star Wars films.

Fun Fact: as it turns out, The Empire Strikes Back is the only Star Wars movie that doesn't feature a "desert scape" at some point. One more reason why its great.

It looks like Rey and Poe's costumes from the leak are accurate. I'm also digging Rey's slightly altered, more refined hairstyle.

View attachment 444462

I always love actors in foreground with hugs and tears and crew in background debating whether they got their correct per diem and when lunch is.:lol

Really really looking forward to what happens to my boy Kylo!! They better not kill him!!!

I am glad the leaked concepts are true. There will be no figure to make me want more than the current ones. I am waiting for Poe now.

If he had said he wouldn't agree to it he'd be in breach of that, which would likely have pretty big financial implications....... as it would have had a lot of negative ramifications.

Ah the poor MH defense.......all fair in moral conundrums until money is on the table??

But your just proving my point! If MH was SO upset about what he felt they did to the character and he felt it morally against his view and the core of the fanbase, he COULD have walked away, and suffered the financial ramifications....period. Instead he took the cash, and said some stuff after his payday about his “misgivings” about the film.

So do not play him as some victim in this. He got paid. Now had he walked off the set over creative differences , and skipped his payday, then I could respect his heroism role people give him for his early comments about the film.

I mean its pretty hypocritical to do a job , get paid for it, and then criticize it after the fact. In all reality, he is still getting paid .....and coming back for more.

Not that I blame him.

You’re proving my point that you are pretty ignorant to the situation. Of course he could have walked but this is a multi million dollar blockbuster franchise. You honestly think Disney would take kindly to him deciding he didn’t agree with the direction of the film? He likely would face major ramifications. Not only loss of salary but for breaching a contract they could likely take him to court for losses incurred since he’s a big selling point to a lot of the audience. It’s not like just quitting a typical 9-5. This is something that could potentially flip his finances and career upside down. I don’t know his net worth but he’s not exactly an A list actor. Most of his career aside from Star Wars has been voice work.

You’re proving my point that you are pretty ignorant to the situation. Of course he could have walked but this is a multi million dollar blockbuster franchise. You honestly think Disney would take kindly to him deciding he didn’t agree with the direction of the film? He likely would face major ramifications. Not only loss of salary but for breaching a contract they could likely take him to court for losses incurred since he’s a big selling point to a lot of the audience. It’s not like just quitting a typical 9-5. This is something that could potentially flip his finances and career upside down. I don’t know his net worth but he’s not exactly an A list actor. Most of his career aside from Star Wars has been voice work.

You mean like, where Lucasfilm & Rian put a documentary on the TLJ blu-ray/dvd that gave a lot of attention to the fact that Mark had a lot of disagreements with where they took Luke? =|

You mean like, where Lucasfilm & Rian put a documentary on the TLJ blu-ray/dvd that gave a lot of attention to the fact that Mark had a lot of disagreements with where they took Luke? =|
I’m fairly certain they put that on there because it was already known about anyways and by that point the fanbase was already divided on the film. That was probably damage control to an extent. Controversy can be another way of selling a product, but they probably only want what they can control out there. Hamill has also made comments or responded to comments on Twitter and other places that he later deleted probably because Disney didn’t like what he said.

If he honored what he fought for .....Yes.

And Sir, I am not ignorant. Just pointing out the hypocrisy of blaming everyone for the film EXCEPT the actor who played him.

Clearly our disagreement lies in the fact that you believe someones moral convictions has limit where they should not do what they feel because the personal price would be too great.

I myself say if you feel strongly about something morally , no amount of money/loss should dissuade you from making the choice you feel is right.

This is our disagreement.

If he honored what he fought for .....Yes.

And Sir, I am not ignorant. Just pointing out the hypocrisy of blaming everyone for the film EXCEPT the actor who played him.

Clearly our disagreement lies in the fact that you believe someones moral convictions has limit where they should not do what they feel because the personal price would be too great.

I myself say if you feel strongly about something morally , no amount of money/loss should dissuade you from making the choice you feel is right.

This is our disagreement.

At a certain point you have to weigh out your options though. At the end of the day he was still paid to do the work.

Whether he necessarily agreed with it or not is another thing, but honestly it isn't like it was a horrible thing he was being asked to do or something where it was a moral dilemma or something that would negatively impact a lot of people in serious ways.

The impact it could have had on him personally had he walked away is another story. Not sure why that's hard to understand and it seems like you're arguing for the sake of it. I'm sure if any of us were in his situation we'd have done the same.

I’m fairly certain they put that on there because it was already known about anyways and by that point the fanbase was already divided on the film. That was probably damage control to an extent. Controversy can be another way of selling a product, but they probably only want what they can control out there. Hamill has also made comments or responded to comments on Twitter and other places that he later deleted probably because Disney didn’t like what he said.

This line of thinking is pretty much the same among everyone that dislikes "Disney" Star Wars (lucasfilm btw).

Anything Hamill says or does that indicates he likes Rian, TLJ, or anything about the new movies: DAMAGE CONTROL.

Anything LFL or Rian does acknowledging Mark wasn't happy about Luke in TLJ: DAMAGE CONTROL.

Picking out comments about Mark disliking how Luke was in TLJ: THE GOD SPOKEN TRUTH AND THE ONLY OPINION THAT MATTERS.

He's an actor. He had issues with the way the part was written. His opinion honestly isn't very different than other people that disliked Luke in the film. If you're going to take everything the actors think to heart, then Obi-Wan is a silly and stupid character according to Alec, and Han was a waste of a character and should have been dead in the beginning of ROTJ. Oh yeah, and Luke's mom should have been Boba Fett and he should have taken Vader's helmet at the end and said "I'm Darth Vader now" (Mark's ideas btw).

It's honestly just kinda funny a year and a half later that people are still spouting the damage control and conspiracy theory **** lol. The tinfoil stuff is just funny at this point, honestly.

Why do you dudes keep seeking out threads and forums about the ST at this point anymore? I don't have an issue with people that hate or dislike TLJ for movie reasons. But the people that spend their time thinking Disney is some dark overlord that puppeteers everything Mark does have some issues rofl.

Some of us just wanna come here and talk about figures, my dude. It's not like you're going to blow any minds with your totally independent-never-repeated-by-thousands revelation about "SJW didney damage control mark hamill hates disney sw, death to kk and rj".

:lol I actually don’t dislike every Disney Star Wars film at all. I’ve liked them all so far other than The Last Jedi. In general I’m a Disney fan, but I definitely think they’ve allowed some major damage to be done to the franchise at the hands of Johnson in his film.

I mentioned nothing about SJWs or Kennedy, that’s on you projecting what you think anyone who has a different opinion must be one. For the record I like the new cast mostly.

I don’t think it’s conspiracy when it’s coming straight from the source. Hamill didn’t like how Luke was handled. He continued to say as much in reply to questions about how he felt.

Back