1/6 Speculation: Star Wars Episode IX Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In the visual dictionary, Ahch-To is supposed to be like Dagobah where time is iffy/slower. So I don't think there is actually a solidified passing of time for Rey/Luke on Ahch-To. In fact, I think in the movie Finn and Poe even mention having x hours left before they're toast - and Rey is on the island for at least a few day/night cycles from what we see.

But what we're talking about is it's unclear to the viewer of the movies. Because it's never discussed - or even mentioned - in the films, the "time is different" idea does seem a bit ret-conny - both in terms of Dagobah and Ach-to, ie to explain things after the fact.

And I believe the retcon idea is that due to "force-powerful" locations, on Dagobah time passes faster, so Luke could have spent 6 months training there (ie so his skills make more sense than if he spent like ten days or whatever,) but with Ach-to it's for some reason the reverse - a force powerful location where time slows down.

I dunno - if it was an actual thing, why not make that idea 100% clear in the movie? Otherwise it's another "gotta read a book to understand the movie" thing. It's also a "after the fact, let's say time is weird to explain why those things don't quite make sense in the movie."

Well much like the Dagobah thing in ESB, this isn't something that stands out to me at all while watching the movie. And it's worth it anyway to have that dramatic cut from Finn asking "Where's Rey?" to suddenly being back on the island at the end of TFA.

Well much like the Dagobah thing in ESB, this isn't something that stands out to me at all while watching the movie. And it's worth it anyway to have that dramatic cut from Finn asking "Where's Rey?" to suddenly being back on the island at the end of TFA.

Maybe it's only a bit weird for "full trilogy" viewings where you see all three ST films together.

It's just that TFA ended with such a huge/memorable "visual moment" between Rey and Luke - and then we start TLJ with this long battle, then cut back and it's the same Rey/Luke moment still going on, as if not even a few seconds had passed.

Retcon explanations aside (which are fine, but there's nothing in the films that supports that,) I really wonder what the edit/filmmaking thought process was behind that decision - they must have been aware of it.

That early space battle may in fact happen prior to Rey's arrival at Ach-to regarding timeline (SPOILER: Remember Bourne 2 ending), though it's unusual for SW editing.

Just to clarify, did no one else think it was a little weird the first time you saw TLJ that TFA ends on that Rey/Luke hand-the-lightsaber moment, and we start TLJ with this long extended battle (and you're kind of thinking that maybe we're days or even weeks after the end of TFA) but then cut back to the same Rey/Luke moment? It kind of took me out of it for a second - like a "huh?" moment. Just curious if everyone was fine with it.

I know there's this "time warp" theory or flashbacks/edits etc but none of that seems rooted in the movie itself - ie that really explains why they did it.

It's also interesting that the "saber toss over shoulder" moment follows just seconds after they do the cut back to the Rey/Luke TFA moment - which has been much-discussed and maligned - so maybe that major debate obscured this issue a bit.

I dunno, it was kinda like “meanwhile elsewhere in the Galaxy” kinda thing.

I saw it as they were going on simultaneously.

But there is no way to show that without split screen.

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Plus working 12-16 hr days working on locations away from their families for several months adds to their “let’s get the ****** outta here already” expressions.

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

That’s how I took it as well. I didn’t look too much into it.

Oh, okay. :duff

Plus working 12-16 hr days working on locations away from their families for several months adds to their “let’s get the ****** outta here already” expressions.

:lol

There's also that "let's let the prima donnas do their thing and maybe we get another hour of golden time.":lol

Just to clarify, did no one else think it was a little weird the first time you saw TLJ that TFA ends on that Rey/Luke hand-the-lightsaber moment, and we start TLJ with this long extended battle (and you're kind of thinking that maybe we're days or even weeks after the end of TFA) but then cut back to the same Rey/Luke moment? It kind of took me out of it for a second - like a "huh?" moment. Just curious if everyone was fine with it.

I know there's this "time warp" theory or flashbacks/edits etc but none of that seems rooted in the movie itself - ie that really explains why they did it.

It's also interesting that the "saber toss over shoulder" moment follows just seconds after they do the cut back to the Rey/Luke TFA moment - which has been much-discussed and maligned - so maybe that major debate obscured this issue a bit.

On first viewing I immediately thought, "oh so we are hours after the destruction of Starkiller base". It makes sense that given the FO knew exactly where the resistance base was and they would be evacuating and that as soon as Hux changed his pants he'd be after them like a riled up hornet. So to me, I just went with that battle happened before the end of TFA while Rey was on her way to and climbing those stairs.

On first viewing I immediately thought, "oh so we are hours after the destruction of Starkiller base". It makes sense that given the FO knew exactly where the resistance base was and they would be evacuating and that as soon as Hux changed his pants he'd be after them like a riled up hornet. So to me, I just went with that battle happened before the end of TFA while Rey was on her way to and climbing those stairs.

:lol :lol

So according to Yakface there is a leak on a new FO Trooper. I believe there are a few of them, so far, we have 1 now.

Spoiler Spoiler:

So according to Yakface there is a leak on a new FO Trooper. I believe there are a few of them, so far, we have 1 now.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Back