1/6 Speculation: Star Wars Episode IX Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I totally agree with the first part of your message.

I don?t agree with, the mindless bashing from people that takes away from discussing the hot toys, or any other merchandise? situation.

I get people hate the ST, and going by this thread, it really shows. If you hate it that much, why enter it in the first place?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I totally agree with the first part of your message.

I don?t agree with, the mindless bashing from people that takes away from discussing the hot toys, or any other merchandise? situation.

I get people hate the ST, and going by this thread, it really shows. If you hate it that much, why enter it in the first place?

You said you were "out" like two weeks ago? What made you return... and to the very thread you made your statement in?:dunno

Anyway...

1. Develop a sense of humor - it's the most important skill in these threads where a huge variety of views are posted, unfiltered
2. This is a "SPECULATION" thread so is VERY wide in scope, therefore can take in reactions to the movie and ST (as it drives fig choices, numbers and demand)
3. Don't connect a discussion about the lack of figs for a movie with "hate." (FYI "hate" is a massively overused word simply used to plant a victimhood flag.)
4. I'm the one who - for example - took the time to create/post multiple detailed pics of how HT could realistically produce a TROS Palps. So don't question why I've entered "in the first place" when I've contributed more than repeatedly posting "all this thread is ST hating!", then with tiny fists clenched saying I'm leaving.... only to (of course) return... to start posting the exact same thing over again.:slap

I do t see bashing I see people having discussions and conflicting opinions that some don?t agree with. ST fans are just so soft. People make fun of ROTS but I love it . No biggie

It is a valid on-topic conversation for this thread though - how shockingly few figure releases came from TROS and what it indicates about the response to the ST as a whole. As we discussed on page 87, both Hasbro and HT only made between 4 and 6 figures in each size category for TROS (1/6, 6" and 3 3/4").

It is stunning how few releases there have been. It is a shame as well. For a mainline Star Wars movie to have so few releases. I could understand it with TLJ because there were so few cool designs. With new trooper designs, aliens, and an opportunity to do Poe, it is disappointing there is nothing for TROS.

It’s interesting when people seemingly have no issues talking about a film (or in this case the ST as I notice this is typically when this phenomenon happens) in a figure thread, as long as all those opinions coincide with their own. Then when other people start inserting dissenting opinions, they accuse that person of “bashing” and deterring from discussions about the figures because that’s what the thread is intended for.

Can’t have it both ways. Either you believe a figure thread is solely for discussion about the figures, or you don’t. If you’re okay with discussing a film in a figure thread as long as it’s opinions you agree with, it’s intellectually dishonest to then turn around and tell others who have opposing viewpoints on said film that this is a figure thread meant for discussion about the figures only.

I think fans of both the ST and OT are equally as sensitive in different ways.

It is a valid on-topic conversation for this thread though - how shockingly few figure releases came from TROS and what it indicates about the response to the ST as a whole. As we discussed on page 87, both Hasbro and HT only made between 4 and 6 figures in each size category for TROS (1/6, 6" and 3 3/4").

That's just stunning and unprecedented for a mainline trilogy SW movie.

Just save this combo of postings and have it ready to go next time it happens...

:lol

Lol, yep. When someone bashes a movie you like you get to be either Porkins or Crait Luke. I know which one I prefer. ;)

It?s interesting when people seemingly have no issues talking about a film (or in this case the ST as I notice this is typically when this phenomenon happens) in a figure thread, as long as all those opinions coincide with their own. Then when other people start inserting dissenting opinions, they accuse that person of ?bashing? and deterring from discussions about the figures because that?s what the thread is intended for.

Can?t have it both ways. Either you believe a figure thread is solely for discussion about the figures, or you don?t. If you?re okay with discussing a film in a figure thread as long as it?s opinions you agree with, it?s intellectually dishonest to then turn around and tell others who have opposing viewpoints on said film that this is a figure thread meant for discussion about the figures only.

I think fans of both the ST and OT are equally as sensitive in different ways.

Pretty much buddy. Where u been at man I miss ya

I do t see bashing I see people having discussions and conflicting opinions that some don?t agree with. ST fans are just so soft. People make fun of ROTS but I love it . No biggie

This.

Why do you have to be ST fan only to discuss the current state of ST figures in this thread?

If someone is only bashing it or other members and adding nothing to the conversation, then yes they should be booted. But that goes both ways, members who complain about anti ST people non stop and contribute nothing are just as bad.

I don't care much for the ST but clearly like everyone else here I like this hobby. It is fun to see new toys and talk about their pros and cons, as well as speculate on what is being made (or not). I would be happy to see ST figures being made just as much as any other SW figures to continue such activities.

The fact that a major SW film is not being supported by the toys makers impacts everyone and is worthy of an open discussion by all.

It is stunning how few releases there have been. It is a shame as well. For a mainline Star Wars movie to have so few releases. I could understand it with TLJ because there were so few cool designs. With new trooper designs, aliens, and an opportunity to do Poe, it is disappointing there is nothing for TROS.

Doubly strange for me because TROS was better than the previous two ST moves to me. I even thought that little (Bubba Frick?) guy and 3PO would be a cute figure pairing - though that's probably what they were trying for when they designed him.:lol So here I am ready to maybe buy a few TROS figs and there's kinda nothing. Shocked there's no TROS Palps, and Poe pilot as well.

I quite liked the robot-parts set where that 3PO/Frick scene happened too. There were a few environments in TROS that felt classic SW-ish (the snowy town with the troops searching) so lent themselves to a 3 3/4" mini-dio but again - nothing much in that scale either.

To be fair, the movie gets sillier and more outlandish (and yes, ST-ish) as it goes on, so it's far from a bullseye to me, but at least it felt like the first time where I sensed how a ST could work, even if the movie didn't work for me overall. But obviously with the lack of figs, it didn't work for a lot of people, and more particularly, for the decision makers at toy companies.

This.

Why do you have to be ST fan only to discuss the current state of ST figures in this thread?

If someone is only bashing it or other members and adding nothing to the conversation, then yes they should be booted. But that goes both ways, members who complain about anti ST people non stop and contribute nothing are just as bad.

I don't care much for the ST but clearly like everyone else here I like this hobby. It is fun to see new toys and talk about their pros and cons, as well as speculate on what is being made (or not). I would be happy to see ST figures being made just as much as any other SW figures to continue such activities.

The fact that a major SW film is not being supported by the toys makers impacts everyone and is worthy of an open discussion by all.

The bolded section is essentially me. I read threads for stuff I'm not interested in at all pretty much every day. I've read probably every post in the QMx Star Trek thread since Nanjin started to really open up last year and I have no desire for those figures at all lol. I don't think my own desire (or lack of it) for figures should keep me from commenting.

The thing is you have the trolls claiming that the movie is not being supported by hot toys but as soon a figure is announced for the movie those same trolls will immediately start attacking hot toys for supporting the movie by releasing said figure. It's not a case of hot toys not supporting this movie. It's more a case of some individuals who are hoping hot toys doesn't support the movie and when hot toys does support the movie those individuals then angrily react by bashing the figure, claiming that the design is terrible, claiming that the figure will not sell and claim that some other figure would be a better candidate for release.
If you don't like the movie grow up and move on. To endlessly stick around to bash everything about the movie releases is selfish when people click on the thread and is forced to scroll past your endless garbage.

I am sure there will be more releases for this movie and as soon as they are announced you will see a bunch of angry trolls flooding the thread with hatred because hot toys dared to release a figure the trolls didn't think should be released.

These toxic fans need to be dealt with.

The thing is you have the trolls claiming that the movie is not being supported by hot toys but as soon a figure is announced for the movie those same trolls will immediately start attacking hot toys for supporting the movie by releasing said figure. It's not a case of hot toys not supporting this movie. It's more a case of some individuals who are hoping hot toys doesn't support the movie and when hot toys does support the movie those individuals then angrily react by bashing the figure, claiming that the design is terrible, claiming that the figure will not sell and claim that some other figure would be a better candidate for release.
If you don't like the movie grow up and move on. To endlessly stick around to bash everything about the movie releases is selfish when people click on the thread and is forced to scroll past your endless garbage.

I am sure there will be more releases for this movie and as soon as they are announced you will see a bunch of angry trolls flooding the thread with hatred because hot toys dared to release a figure the trolls didn't think should be released.

These toxic fans need to be dealt with.

A lot of people don't realize this, but you can actually use the "reply/quote" feature on your own posts, and it can save you having to retype stuff. Like these posts of yours below - you could have just reposted/quoted them and saved yourself the time of retyping.:dunno It's a handy thing.

Again. Its pretty pathetic to come to the thread of a movie to troll that no figure will be released for it then when you are proven wrong start endlessly trolling about every figure released for it. Why are pathetic individuals allowed to flood the new star wars movie thread so people who are interested in it have to wade through tons of worthlessness trolling posts? The moderators need to do their jobs and not wait until crap breaks out before acting.

Every ST thread brings out the old trolls. I am never seen such effort put into claiming what current young kids will feel in 30 years. Its completely irrelevant to this thread and those people presuming to know what young people think in 30 years will probably be to old to notice then.

6 figures so far? I thought no figure was being released for the movie . People seem determined to come to the thread of this movie to claim there is zero support. Why are they here in the first place?

How many figures are we getting from the movie since some are claiming there is zero support by hot toys for said movie?

You said you were "out" like two weeks ago? What made you return... and to the very thread you made your statement in?:dunno

Anyway...

1. Develop a sense of humor - it's the most important skill in these threads where a huge variety of views are posted, unfiltered
2. This is a "SPECULATION" thread so is VERY wide in scope, therefore can take in reactions to the movie and ST (as it drives fig choices, numbers and demand)
3. Don't connect a discussion about the lack of figs for a movie with "hate." (FYI "hate" is a massively overused word simply used to plant a victimhood flag.)
4. I'm the one who - for example - took the time to create/post multiple detailed pics of how HT could realistically produce a TROS Palps. So don't question why I've entered "in the first place" when I've contributed more than repeatedly posting "all this thread is ST hating!", then with tiny fists clenched saying I'm leaving.... only to (of course) return... to start posting the exact same thing over again.:slap

Yes, fair points.
For the record, I wasn?t referring to you. I?m sorry if my post pointed at such.

Its disappointing that there aren?t more TROS figures already put up for PO. X-wing Poe is an absolute must for me. His absence sticks out like a sore thumb. The Emperor would make a cool figure as well. And I?m doubting it?ll happen but I?m in for a new Finn too.

We also need to see a Lando from any film at this point. My personal favorite is ROTJ General, but I?d even be down for TROS to complete the original heroes from the ST. And how is there no C-3PO yet? That also sticks out like a sore thumb- I mean red arm.

I would also thought that Hot Toys would think of it as a no brainer to repackage a Chewie with an Episode 9 box. I still really need a Chewie and the eBay prices are ridiculous.

I would also thought that Hot Toys would think of it as a no brainer to repackage a Chewie with an Episode 9 box. I still really need a Chewie and the eBay prices are ridiculous

Surely you don?t mean the Sugar Puff Monster Episode VII version?

I was going to say, surely you don't want the abomination that were the last couple. They need to stick with the original Ep IV version design and colouring.

Who knows, if you're lucky and they ever get around to making C3PO, they'll do a Bespin version of Chewie with C3PO bits.

People would go mental for that version I reckon.

Or keep looking for this guy on eBay

abomination.jpg

Well I was going to say I?d be happy with any Chewie but after seeing that pic....I didn?t know they were THAT bad. I haven?t spent a lot of time in the dedicated thread for the Episode VII figure.

Makes me question the prices on eBay for the Episode VII version.

Unrelated note, anyone know why Tapatalk replaces apostrophes with question marks?

Its disappointing that there aren?t more TROS figures already put up for PO. X-wing Poe is an absolute must for me. His absence sticks out like a sore thumb. The Emperor would make a cool figure as well. And I?m doubting it?ll happen but I?m in for a new Finn too.

We also need to see a Lando from any film at this point. My personal favorite is ROTJ General, but I?d even be down for TROS to complete the original heroes from the ST. And how is there no C-3PO yet? That also sticks out like a sore thumb- I mean red arm.

Like with the dceu hot toys doesn?t make figs that won?t sell. Shazam was teased and nothing. Poe isn?t really well liked outside people who like the ST which is a small amount of people like it or not. Hot toys doesn?t take risk like they use to

Like with the dceu hot toys doesn?t make figs that won?t sell. Shazam was teased and nothing. Poe isn?t really well liked outside people who like the ST which is a small amount of people like it or not. Hot toys doesn?t take risk like they use to

If that?s the case what are Hot Toys waiting for in announcing Bespin Han, Chewie and Lando? Probably my 3 biggest wants.

Back