Speculation - MAD MAX/ROAD WARRIOR Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The head is great, best I've seen so far. But the problem with Max is just how damn expensive it is to properly kitbash everything else that you need for a proper Road Warrior piece.

I'm still offering boots for both Road Warrior and Fury Road.

Latest RW commissions:

GEDC1692.JPG

The head is great, best I've seen so far. But the problem with Max is just how damn expensive it is to properly kitbash everything else that you need for a proper Road Warrior piece.

You can use outfit and shoulder pad from VTS figure, belt and some bits from DiD figures

Yeah I know what you mean. I have tried my best, I'm using a modified Ghost Rider Jacket with VTS Wasteland shoulder pad. I'm going to get new trousers. Ive nearly done the leg brace, just made it from strips of aluminium, just need some tiny rivets, The knee pad is going to be made from an action man cricketers shin guard. Hopefully I will get some Mr E boots (they look great) Oh and Ulli fantastic sculpt.

Hi guys, I have a custom Max outfit for sale at a reduced price if anyone is interested, I'm selling as I have one weathered already so don't need this one. There are some minor issues on the very bottom of the trouser legs, but can easily be hidden by boots. Thanks.

Yeah I know what you mean. I have tried my best, I'm using a modified Ghost Rider Jacket with VTS Wasteland shoulder pad. I'm going to get new trousers. Ive nearly done the leg brace, just made it from strips of aluminium, just need some tiny rivets, The knee pad is going to be made from an action man cricketers shin guard. Hopefully I will get some Mr E boots (they look great) Oh and Ulli fantastic sculpt.

that would be $1500 thankyou very much sir. please come again.

If anyone is interested, I have a couple Mad Max pieces available for sale. PM me if you're interested. Accepting offers.

What I have:

-Art Figures outfit set (jacket, pants, shoulder pad, shotgun, full vest with all accessories therein) (pictures available upon request)

-Full custom "Beyond Thunderdome" figure:

View attachment 447333

just tell me where to get the folding knife/multitool and a knee pad i'm missing those 2 items which doesn't exist on ebay.

An accurate ( or near accurate) kneepad is going to be quite hard to find. I'm wondering if I could sculpt one and cast it in resin, perhaps with some leather straps attached. I'm also going to need one at some point.

The knee pad used in the movie was a modified cricket batting pad. If you type 1/6 cricket in eBay you get Action Man cricketers pads, you could then mod the pads to make the knee pad. That's what I have done.

U7RbCQe.jpg

vKzXuyw.jpg

S7PyuYb.jpg

7RnRC2F.jpg

The knee pad used in the movie was a modified cricket batting pad. If you type 1/6 cricket in eBay you get Action Man cricketers pads, you could then mod the pads to make the knee pad. That's what I have done.

U7RbCQe.jpg

vKzXuyw.jpg

S7PyuYb.jpg

7RnRC2F.jpg

i did check but seems still different from the original. where did you get the multitool?

i'm thinking maybe use a thin metal piece as base, then leather stripes to for the cushion. i don't know really.

did you wrap it with leather or just paint it black? i figure those rubberpaint may make it look more pleatherlike and still won't crack since the pad looks flexible.

any reason you had the suede part of the strap outwards instead of the top grain?

i did check but seems still different from the original. where did you get the multitool?

i'm thinking maybe use a thin metal piece as base, then leather stripes to for the cushion. i don't know really.

did you wrap it with leather or just paint it black? i figure those rubberpaint may make it look more pleatherlike and still won't crack since the pad looks flexible.

any reason you had the suede part of the strap outwards instead of the top grain?

Yeah I painted it black. I had to heat up the rubber then bend it, put it in cold water to set it in the new shape. It looks ok but there is nothing on the market that looks like Max knee pad, so your a bit screwed it that regard.

Back