Speculation: Hot Toys Star Wars Rogue One Action Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's another picture... same 4 heroes... also strangely unbalanced. Maybe its a style.

IF there are to be more figures, which I'm strongly doubting, I think Krennic has a much better chance of getting made than Cassian... and he wouldn't seem in place in the 4-heroes photo anyway.

Asians are clearly over represented when it comes to the rebel humans.

what I'd really like to see is Hot Toys focus on the aliens from SW. Give me Edrio Two-Tubes and maybe Ponda Baba or a Tusken Raider. I just think Hot Toys would knock those figures out of the park.

I agree. I mean arguably the hardest part of a human figure technically and timewise is the head sculpt. However an alien is not so quickly criticised by our trained eyes. Sure it comes to manpower etc. to do clothing etc then how many they would actually sell ?? But you would think a slightly lower price would fix that given the lower input.

I guess Sideshow started in this direction and it didn't work out. At least to keep the quality at HT level. That's the problem I guess. But a few aliens worluld be nice.

HT should start up an alien figure team.

Hot Toys if you're listening.....

They showed cosbabies for Cassian and Krennic so I'm still holding out hope that they'll be made as figures too. Every TFA cosbaby eventually was released as a figure IIRC.

They showed cosbabies for Cassian and Krennic so I'm still holding out hope that they'll be made as figures too. Every TFA cosbaby eventually was released as a figure IIRC.

Yes, those are usually the best indicators... and when I saw those it gave me hope... but that was a while ago now and the further we get from Rogue One, the closer we get to the next "big movie" that HT has to attend to.

The occasional RO figure is still possible, but we don't know how well this line did. Perhaps it was seen as "unsuccessful" to HT so they gave up.

Nah I think they just needed time between Jyn, Chirrut and Baze to get the next human figure head sculpts done. The Cosbaby point is a good one.

Waiting on Phase 2.

I do remember around this time last year (during the Chinese New Year obviously) there was a long, drawn out hiatus (or at least it felt that way lol) before new figures were announced. Then they his us with Resistance Rey, Jedi Luke, Chewie/Han, and Yoda. Probably others too but I'm trying to remain hopeful.

I'm sure they'll want to preview new SW figures at SDCC and it'll be too early for The Last Jedi figures. Which leaves OT and RO. Last SDCC we got the TFA Luke reveal.

The Cosbaby point is a good one.

I've always been an advocate of the Cosbaby connection... but it isn't always true...

Missing in action:

0002859_pirates-of-the-caribbean-barbossa-hot-toys-cosbaby.jpeg

0002861_pirates-of-the-caribbean-blackbeard-cosbaby.jpeg

That said, you know me -- ever hopeful for Tarkin and Krennic. (and Barbossa)

This whole discussion about the empty space on one side of that promo shot just makes me think of Drive and the framing in that movie.

drive-0358.jpg

Drive-2011-ryan-gosling-28126136-500-213.jpg

drive-0274.jpg

It was probably just an artistic decision HT made for the photo to make it a little more visually interesting, personally I wouldn't read too much into it.

Man, I really want to watch Drive again now, lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think Hot Toys is just over-extended with so many announced figures that have yet to see the light of day, let alone a pre-order.

I would love to see a Cassian, Krennic and Two-Tubes released soon but like Wor-Gar, I think that between "The Last Jedi" and any possible further venture into ESB and RotJ figures, we may have seen the last of the "Rogue One" figures for some time. I hope I'm wrong, though.

Yeah K2 was a standout. If Cassian is announced will you get him and Jyn to complete RO's "main three?"

I would definitely consider that. The three of them together are the film's central trio.

I'd also like to have Krennic with a Death Trooper.

That would be a neat and simple 5 figure display for RO.

I doubt I would ever go into Chirrut and Baze or Bohdi to "have them all". However, I love Benthic (as opposed to Edrio) and would quickly grab him from whatever company made him. He'd be my one odd-ball figure.

Cassian does seem like a fairly obvious eventual selection, as does Krennic. I still wonder if there's some licensing quirk preventing Tarkin...

I can easily imagine that, but my gut tells me that HT is moving on to the new Star Wars, the new Marvel, the new Guardians, the new Pirates of the Caribbean, and whatever else they have to present this year.

Besides the new, they also have a crap load of already-teased OT figures that will be taking up some PO space... that is, IF we ever see some of these things (like GONKs and Gunners).

Taking Alien Ripley as an example, wasn't she displayed at shows for about three years before we got the 1.5 year PO window? So some of this stuff shown may still be another year or so out before PO time. And another year beyond that before it graces your shelf. The year 2020 just feels that much closer now.

Back