Somme, Early August 1916

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Indiana

Super Freak
Reaction score
I have, for a long time, been wanting to make an Indy from World War I as seen in The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles. I have had the correct rifle for years now. I have decided that I will have to make all of the clothing, which shouldn't be too difficult. Currently, I am planning to use a Medicom body with leg extenders. I am trying to find an appropriate head and helmet. Any advice would be much appreciated.

500px-YID_01.jpg

YoungIndyattheSomme.jpg

YoungIndyattheSomme2.jpg

YoungIndyattheSomme3.jpg

Fairly certain there are zero heads that look like Flannery.

I'd use the Young Indy River head from Medicom.

Also has Sideshow never made a similar outfit from the Bayonets and BarbWire line? I'm not familiar with those figures but there that time period I think.

I figured that I would have to get a head that is the correct size, and then re-sculpt it.

As for Sideshow's B&B line, all figures that I can find is in excess of $150. I can make the outfit and more accurately too.

I'd use a Slim TrueType. It'd suck to have the Medicom body crumble during assembly. They're quite expensive to replace and pretty hard to come by should it break. Plus, leg extenders give the Medi body T-rex syndrome.

I think I will stick with the Medicom. If it breaks I will consider getting another body.
I did find that one of the figures Sideshow made has the correct rifle and the correct helmet more or less. I will keep an eye on the auctions on ebay.

I think that this one has everything closer to what I want: https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270699073152&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

You could recast and resize NECA's Boondock Saints Connor figure. Has a great likeness to Sean.

Yeah, I have thought about that, but I have no idea on how to do anything like that.

Well, the Sideshow soldier arrived the other day. As I thought, the parts I needed from the figure are amazing. I need to make the uniform, and so far I just have the pants and leggings done. I still need to dye them a browner color. I have gotten a good color and tested it on the fabric. The small swatch that he is holding shows the difference in color.

I am still waiting on the head; for now he has a Clark Gable head. It is also a BBi head, so it shows roughly what size the head will be.

DSCN9473.jpg

IMG

The uniform in the pics seems to be the correct cut and color. The Belgians started the war in a dark blue uniform and by 1915 had acquired a new French style uniform, but in a British khaki. None of the pics show the greatcoat. The brown leather ammo pouches seem correct also.

Here is an update on Young Indy. Save for him still having the Clark Gable head, he is essentially done. I made the jacket for the better part of Friday and Saturday. I made the belt and the ranking today.
Mr. Fusion took the pics.

HenriDefense3.jpg

HenriDefense6.jpg

HenriDefense7.jpg

HenriDefense8.jpg

HenriDefense11.jpg

HenriDefense12.jpg

HenriDefense15.jpg

HenriDefense17.jpg

Last edited:
Back