Somewhat Dissapointed with GG Qui-Gon

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
old entish said:
I think a good repaint would do wonders for this bust. I'm not overjoyed with the pose, but I don't think its terrible either. The paint makes or breaks this piece.

No the paint broke this piece. The likeness is there, but the paint apps have just destroyed what should be a great bust.

I would love to see this piece repainted. I'm surprised we haven't seen repaints posted on this board.

I would love to see this piece repainted. I'm surprised we haven't seen repaints posted on this board.

I've half thought about trying it myself. I agree that the sculpt is absolutely on target. Maybe someday I'll get together that special blend of courage plus available time. I've thought about tackling the clone Obi too. Little scary, but the improvement to Qui-Gon might definitely be worth it.

I'm very glad to say the quality control on the last several pieces (excepting Obi, of course) has certainly been up since this thread was started some time ago. ANH Obi, Slave Leia and especially Jango have all been top notch. It would be interesting to know what went on "behind the curtain" after some of their more highly publicised flops. :cool:

Back