Some of my collection in my custom detolf

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

urbanfreddy

Super Freak
Reaction score
Never really showed my collection much but here’s some of my collection with my custom detolf,I’ll show you guys more when I finish customizing all 8 IKEA detolf cabinets.ordered brand new LED Strip Tape for lighting so will see how that works.

Last edited:
Once i finish setting my pf's and statues out to where i'm happy and re-veneering my detolf cabinets i'll show you guys some pics, it's pretty easy to change the look of
these cabinets color.

Last edited:
Very cool. I love that you made your own detolf. I just don't have that skill. And I don't have an ikea to get one either...:confused:

Anyways, collection is awesome. Can't wait to see more.

Very cool. I love that you made your own detolf. I just don't have that skill. And I don't have an ikea to get one either...:confused:

Anyways, collection is awesome. Can't wait to see more.

Hi mate, I may be wrong here, but I dont think he made the cabinet, just varnished the base, and taped some pieces up, Though looks good mate.

Hi mate, I may be wrong here, but I dont think he made the cabinet, just varnished the base, and taped some pieces up, Though looks good mate.

there's no taping it's re-facing using real wood veneer instead of plastic that ikea uses and then i used a stain to give the wood some color and then i used a satin polyurethane to protect it:banana

Very useful thread. :rock The lighter color is the only reason I haven't invested in a detolf myself. With this knowledge, though, I might take the plunge.

Very useful thread. :rock The lighter color is the only reason I haven't invested in a detolf myself. With this knowledge, though, I might take the plunge.

Home depot or lowe's sells this veneer re-facing kit by band-it you could get any wood finish you want red oak, maple, pine etc and stain it to any color you want.

Back