So. Who is going for it all?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
my wife rules!!! just got permission to buy the lot -- of course, she said she'll laugh everytime she passes my office and sees it. . . :lol

Yes, I'll buy the lot. Besides that, I'll buy every SSC SW 12", as long as it's a brand new character. I don't know about versions of a character... Whenever I get the impression SSC is "milking", I quit. Same counts for the SSC LotR line and the SSC 12" Terminator line.

I just noticed that all of the Jabba components are inclusive orders... I was under the impression yesterday that the throne environment was not. I guess no one has to be worried that they won't be able to get all of the pieces... now the question is how the heck to afford all this stuff :monkey2

sebcanadaceo said:
What about Canada... Can we order it directly from Sideshow?

:emperor

Exactly what I was just thinking Seb, I mean we Canucks have been able to order everything else directly from SS before...including PF's and SS/Weta polystone LOTR statues...why should Jabba's throne be any different...and how could you just get Jabba and not his throne. It's HUGE, no doubt...but I can't pass up this opportunity! Now...where to put it and how to pay for it??? Guess I have almost a year to figure that out...

...and while this BLOWS me away as fas as what SS can now do with 1/6 SW environments and expansion packs, what could this POSSIBLY mean to the rest of the collection??? I think we're in for some REALLY cool poo!!! :google

Me = :D
My Wallet = :banghead

SIDESHOW said:
Some clarification on the pre-ordering: Jabba and Salacious will have Inclusive editions, which will include extra accessories (Pre-Order anytime from 9:30am Pacific time on Friday, July 21st through 6pm Pacific time Wednesday, July 26th), as well as the normal regular editions available through distributors, retailers or direct from Sideshow. Jabba’s Throne - ‘Domestic Exclusive’ means that IF you live in the US, you will only be able to order direct from Sideshow, as retailers will not be receiving an allotment. If you live outside the US, your local distributor may be carrying it OR you can order direct from Sideshow. There will be Exclusive editions of the Leia and Bib figures (see description for Priority Pre-Order date if you are a newsletter subscriber), but as usual, there will also be a regular edition of these figures, available from distributors, retailers and direct from Sideshow.

Basically Domestic Exclusive means people in the US can only get it from Sideshow Direct. If you live outside the US (ie Canada) you can order from Sideshow Direct or a retailer near you.

So actually it means people outside the US can get the regular version for cheaper, if they want, than people in the US.

It sucks for those of us who live in California...SALES TAX! Can't we qualify for a free shipping deal if we buy the whole set? :)

It showed up in another thread, but all of the overseas freaks need not worry. You can order all of the jabba goodness direct through Sideshow, and it will be available to retailers overseas too, just a website exclusive here in the US, much like many of the Buffy line have been as of late. I hope everybody who wants a jabba gets one, but don't let this break up your collection.

I would if it were 1/4 scale but will be passing on it.

It's still a great set.

Seaward said:
It showed up in another thread, but all of the overseas freaks need not worry. You can order all of the jabba goodness direct through Sideshow, and it will be available to retailers overseas too, just a website exclusive here in the US, much like many of the Buffy line have been as of late. I hope everybody who wants a jabba gets one, but don't let this break up your collection.

Anything that has additional accessories I will get direct from Sideshow - I'm hoping the environment doesn't so I can get it locally.

Here is a little something I just posted over at Rebelscum.com:

I cannot help but to get this. Is the price steep? Absolutely. Is it worth it in the long run? Absolutely. My family looked at me like I was insane when I said I was getting it no matter what but this is something I have always wanted. I have loved Jabba and Return of the Jedi since I first saw it way back when. Just the thought of a giant slug gangster... fantastic. I have a feeling that the dias will be made of polystone, metal, real tubing for the hooka, and possibly either glass or plastic, but look at all the detailing that is there. Maybe it is not everyone's cup o' tea but this is something alot of people have wanted for a long time. Hasbro always said no due to size and price. Sideshow is saying yes to the size and being (in my view) realistic with the price and quality that is expected of them. So will I be there bright and early at 12 30 EST to get the big slug? Absolutely.

I am getting Jabba, Crumb and creatures, and throne enviroment. I just hope the enviroment doesnt sell out before I get home at 6 EDT tomorrow

I'll probably reorganize my entire future collection plans to allow for this to be the centerpiece.

Goodbye Hasbro. Probably goodbye to SS LOTR and any hope of PF (including the fantastic Dagobah Luke and Boba Fett.)

The thing about the Jabba setup is that its the perfect focal point of a 12" figure collection. And the context of the scene is even the perfect excuse to cluster a large group of figures together as diverse as Jedi Luke, Boba Fett, jawas, rodians, Leia, Chewie, Han, the droids, band members, you name it. And it won't just look like a busy mess. Its Jabba and his flipping court!

For a change of pace figures "seeking audience" with him can easily be rotated in and out.

Even though ESB's carbon freezing chamber scenes were cinematically better than anything that ever happened in ROTJ, I can't think of a better figure diorama from all six films than Jabba's palace.

Bespin Luke will be my prized figure but Jabba and company will provide the ultimate setup.

I can't imagine any other diorama with greater bang for your buck "WOW" factor anytime someone walks into the room its displayed. Not the Emperor on his throne, not a Geonosis arena pillar and some Jedi standing by it, not even the Carbon Freezing Chamber.

Well done. A part of me is *still* in shock.

I havent seen anyone mention it yet.. but do we know if Jabba has his Hutt tattoo on his right arm? You can see it in Jedi as Leia chokes him. Just noticed it tonight and was wondering if it was on there.

Heh, scratch that. Amir over at Rebelscum confirmed he does indeed have the tattoo.

Last edited:
I saw it in one of the pictures... although I don't remember from what site. But its there and it looked pretty darn good. There's even a gash on his tail... I'd never noticed from the movies, but I guess someone as Sideshow did!

galactiboy said:
I saw it in one of the pictures... although I don't remember from what site. But its there and it looked pretty darn good. There's even a gash on his tail... I'd never noticed from the movies, but I guess someone as Sideshow did!

:lol Yeah, that gash in the tail is where Crumb takes little nibbles while Jabba sleeps. I noticed it too. Nice detail. I'd love to see a good close-up of Jabba's eyes.

I canceled the Dracula Life Size bust so I can afford everything now. Maybe there is hope for a 1/6th Scale General Grevious now?

Aerosmith said:
I canceled the Dracula Life Size bust so I can afford everything now. Maybe there is hope for a 1/6th Scale General Grevious now?

I hope so. I really want a Grievous.

Sideshow has definitely gotten into the price range to make a Grievous possible.

Here's what I ordered at the Sideshow booth today:

-Salacious creature pack exclusive w/ ? (I forget)
-Leia exclusive w/ blaster
-Jabba exclusive w/ goblet
-Throne
-Bib exclusive w/ staff
-VCD TIE pilot
-Yoda bust

Back