So far... Pretty boring selection from everyone...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think there's been plenty of great Indy merchandise, and even more coming up. Hasbro's Indy figures have been great. Sure, the likenesses are not fantastic, but honestly how good can you do at that scale? Getting little artifacts with them (many that would fit in well with 1/6th scale, too) has been a great idea. I'm sad to hear it won't continue on after the ToD wave.

Sideshow's 1/6 Indy looks great, too. I really can't wait to have that one in my hands.

Getting little artifacts with them (many that would fit in well with 1/6th scale, too) has been a great idea. I'm sad to hear it won't continue on after the ToD wave.

Me too, but honestly I can't think of many more relics that they could come up with.

But, yeah, these have been the best pack-ins I can ever recall.

Some people are digging the Koto scene in a bowl too, although they aren't what I'm having for breakfast.

GG's stuff isn't really working for me - I'd like to see SSC do some Vs. pieces maybe. Also some replicas would be good from someone. Everyone and their brother have done a fertility idol - why not a real, official licensed one yet?

I'm a little surprised by the pace and lack of items shipped. I didn't expect SW pace from anyone but I'm really eager to get some nice Indy items in hand.

I think the selection so far is OK but I was expecting more.

Considering how much Lucas pushes his other baby, Star Wars, I'm kind of surprised that we aren't flooded with product already.

I'm okay with the selection so far.
Gentle Giant's stuff looks like ^^^^, but at least there's official Indy Busts and statues available.
Sideshow's selection is a little light, but the quality makes up for that in spades.
Then there's the official Hat you can buy from SSC and the prints and playing cards.
The Koto statues are interesting and better then the GG stuff.
Medicom has a great Young Indy and Henry Jones, there's some variety. The Mutt and Indys are decent.
Hasbro has a ton of stuff from a selection of 12" figures, 3 3/4" figures; play sets; and vehicles, Mighty Muggs, and the Adventure Heroes, not to mention the boardgames and role play crap.
And then there's Takara's invisible 12" Indy.
And I'm sure Halloween stuff is right around the corner too.
There's quite a lot of stuff out there, and much of it is pretty good.

Then what are you doing here? Why not let the people who are actual fans of the films have their fun. (Oh, and for crying out loud. See Last Crusade and Crystal Skull. Both are far better than Temple Of Doom.)

I think the Hasbro line has been great, apart from the paint apps on the eyes - great selections and some fun stuff (like the temple deluxe sets that fit together). Love the Adventure Heroes. The 12" line is meh, but it's a kids line (and the Cairo swordsman is still pretty good). The statues I don't collect, I find them boring anyway (although the Temple of Doom movie-in-a-cup thing looks fun). The 12" Sideshow looks good enough for the price, although it's obviously not going to be much of a line'.

All the things I've wanted for years, eg:
Mola Ram figure...check.
12" Cairo swordsman...check
Sideshow Indy figure...check

On the whole I've had everything I want and more. If we get one more Hasbro wave from each movie (including a tuxedo Indy) and some more vehicles (especially a sea plane) I'll be really happy.

Maybe you're just bored of collecting?

Then what are you doing here? Why not let the people who are actual fans of the films have their fun. (Oh, and for crying out loud. See Last Crusade and Crystal Skull. Both are far better than Temple Of Doom.)

Don't feed those two trolls. Best bet to just ignore them.

Oh, I forgot to mention I wasn't referring to the dolls and toys. Just the higher priced stuff like statues and props.

I think the selection has been solid and considering how "memorable" KotCS was, people aren't exactly tearing down walls for Indy stuff...though I won't deny his popularity is back up there!

In some cases it's tough to build merchandise around ONE character. Most people will of course get Indy but it'll be interesting to see what kind of attention characters like Sallah, Toht and others will get.

At most places that have the Hasbro Indy figures, Indy is SOLD-OUT! But the shelves are clogged with Belloq, Mutt, Monkey Man, etc.

Really? I find it to be the opposite. The ones that are clogging pegs are all the Indy variants. Characters like Sallah, Marion, Belloq, and almost everyone in TLC wave are very difficult to find.

Really? I find it to be the opposite. The ones that are clogging pegs are all the Indy variants. Characters like Sallah, Marion, Belloq, and almost everyone in TLC wave are very difficult to find.

Yep, I agree. Mutts and Indys are the peg warmers. The ones I don't se very often are from KOTCS the Russian Soldier and Irina Spalko.^And from classic Indy, Sallah and Marion are hard to find.

Back