Statue Snow Troll Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, I guess the smiley didn't help either, or your caculations of par. :lol

Gazillion.... :lol

Just stop replying to me and I'll do the same. I guess I've pissed you off and you feel the need to try and bust my balls at every chance you get. I can honestly say you are one of the few board members I can't stand in all the years I've been posting here.

Last edited:
Just stop replying to me and I'll do the same. I guess I've pissed you off and you feel the need to try and bust my balls at every chance you get. I can honestly say you are one ofthe few board members I can't stand in all the years I've been posting here.

Awww... :monkey1

I've had my battles with Josh over the years, going way back to the old LOTRG days, and he knows that. That said, he is a good guy and cares about his fellow collector, he's gone to bat for me a couple times and done me favors and I have done the same for him. He's passionate about his collecting and always has been. Live and let live guys. :peace

I usually step aside and let these things play out - however, I enjoy coming to the LOTR threads and enjoying some good convo, can we just stop this before it gets out of hand. I have no idea of the bad blood here and I don't care just try to be grown up about it in PMs if you need to talk about it. Simply ignore each other if that doesn't work.

As far as the Snow Troll, I gotta say that's a very good price for this piece. The original Cave Troll was $300 almost 10 years ago.

I'm still not getting it though. If I was to stray from the maquette line, I'd get the Weta Orthanc Tower over this.

I've had my battles with Josh over the years, going way back to the old LOTRG days, and he knows that. That said, he is a good guy and cares about his fellow collector, he's gone to bat for me a couple times and done me favors and I have done the same for him. He's passionate about his collecting and always has been. Live and let live guys. :peace

Its all good. :duff

I usually step aside and let these things play out - however, I enjoy coming to the LOTR threads and enjoying some good convo, can we just stop this before it gets out of hand. I have no idea of the bad blood here and I don't care just try to be grown up about it in PMs if you need to talk about it. Simply ignore each other if that doesn't work.

Nothing to play out. I do not want to disrupt the board and especially this section. No need to talk about it more and I'm dropping the subject and moving. I agree best to just ignore each other.

As far as the Snow Troll, I gotta say that's a very good price for this piece. The original Cave Troll was $300 almost 10 years ago.

I'm still not getting it though. If I was to stray from the maquette line, I'd get the Weta Orthanc Tower over this.

Thats why I thought when I saw the price card at Comic-Con I wasn't sure the price was right. I mean I'm glad it is thats for sure

Weird to read what seems like people preparing to put 'safety orders' in just in case they might want it later. Totally makes sense for SS to add NRD's to pieces :lecture

I'm only adding that because I have just been reading a discussion where a sculptor was commissioned to carry out a large,detailed piece based on 60+ firm orders; only for a third of those 'firm' orders to back out leaving the sculptor struggling to make kits for those who had paid upfront. This in turn has meant those who really wanted the piece waiting and waiting whilst the sculptor tries to fund the completion of the project and the prospect of him ever doing something like this for small groups such as ours very remote, which is a shame.

Here's hoping this beast sells out and those who really want it manage to get it! Good luck all :peace

p.s Do we have a clue as to the ES?

That in the end is why I support NRD. Its better for everyone in the long term if you make sure as many of your buyers are all in than half way.

I would think fairly small probably in the 300-500 range.

I would prefer to be the guy paying in full upfront for a commissioned piece. But I feel at liberty to put in that "safety order" which is definitely what this is for me, with a large self sufficient company because they have chosen to remain NRD-less on this one. I almost feel they did so to get orders from the likes of me and others on the fence because invariably over time from pre-order to delivery some of us will justify the purchase in one way or another. I'm not sure just yet if I want to leave the 1/6 scale continuity of the line thus far, especially for such a fringe creature. But I like the idea of the safety order just in case.

That in the end is why I support NRD. Its better for everyone in the long term if you make sure as many of your buyers are all in than half way.

More like 10% in : P You can still back out of NRD or have it transferred to another statue. Had my NRD refunded once and transferred once already.

I would prefer to be the guy paying in full upfront for a commissioned piece. But I feel at liberty to put in that "safety order" which is definitely what this is for me, with a large self sufficient company because they have chosen to remain NRD-less on this one. I almost feel they did so to get orders from the likes of me and others on the fence because invariably over time from pre-order to delivery some of us will justify the purchase in one way or another. I'm not sure just yet if I want to leave the 1/6 scale continuity of the line thus far, especially for such a fringe creature. But I like the idea of the safety order just in case.

Well, remember as we get to pieces like a Cave Troll, Balrog, Fell Beast, etc. those won't be in true 1:6th either. They should after talking about the Snow Troll and wanting others to be pretty large like this one.

Last edited:
I still believe this piece will be very sought after once the films have all been done and we are crying out for anything Middle Earth related. :monkey2

It's a really great move to have based it on the 'filmic' version of these creatures along with the Dwarf design as it will fit right in with existing pieces :lecture

Filmic creatures I will not be able to resist...

I hear that. :rock

I still believe this piece will be very sought after once the films have all been done and we are crying out for anything Middle Earth related. :monkey2

It's a really great move to have based it on the 'filmic' version of these creatures along with the Dwarf design as it will fit right in with existing pieces :lecture

I think once the game comes out and people play it will help down that road as well. This thing is gonna be awesome for people to have in their collections.

Back