Snow Bunny Padme 12" Figure By Sideshow Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The odds are against Sideshow for getting a good sculpt. No other company in history has managed to capture the essense of Ms. Portman. Look at Gentle Giant and Attakus. The likeness just isn't there.

Get it right Sideshow... We'll love you for it!

B-Electronic said:
I'll get anything that has anything to do with Natalie Portman :drool

Cant be bothered by that Obi-Wan though. Besides my love for NP, I dont want anything thats not based on the movies.

You "can't be bothered"? You don't want anything that is not in the movies but want the Natalie Portman snowbunny.

riiiiiight. :peace

The odds are against Sideshow for getting a good sculpt. No other company in history has managed to capture the essense of Ms. Portman.

And now we're criticizing sculpts before we even see them...:rolleyes:

captain sack said:
how can you be "12 inch Figure God" and not know this?:wacky

How can anyone want a Snow Bunny Padme??
I like Star Wars but I can't count as high as that figure would be low on my list.

Darklord Dave said:
I hadn't realized that Obi was realistic - I don't want the statue, but I'd definitely vote for it in an SSC EU poll.
No more EU polls!
You know what happened in the first/last one Sideshow did.
But I would really like a Sideshow 12" General Kenobi in Clone Armor figure. Andy's head sculpt is perfect, all it needs is newly sculpted hair and a trimmed beard. I wonder if Andy sculpted Obi-Wan without hair and beard so he could just sculpt some hair for the Ep II and Clone Wars versions?

Collector Freak said:
The odds are against Sideshow for getting a good sculpt. No other company in history has managed to capture the essense of Ms. Portman. Look at Gentle Giant and Attakus. The likeness just isn't there.

Get it right Sideshow... We'll love you for it!
Well, no company has made one but there is a custom 1/6 head sculpt of Miss Portman for a Dragon type body already out there. I own one and it can't be beat. So either way I already have the perfect Natalie Portman as Padme from Ep. II head sculpt and won't complain about Sideshow's version. :D

Ironman1188 said:
How can anyone want a Snow Bunny Padme??
I like Star Wars but I can't count as high as that figure would be low on my list.

i definately want this figure. any natalie portman figure is a good figure, in my opinion. i sure hope andy gets to sculpt her.:banana

My fear is that we will once again end up with an egg headed female figure from Sideshow. You know they can doit, as we have seen with the Buffy line. It is funny how BBI could get the female head shapecorrect but not Sideshow.

I agree some of SSC's female headsculpts are awful. But they have also done some very well like Grad Day Buffy or ***** Galore. The biggest problems are the rooted hair dolls. It seems like they just weren't able to communicate to the actual manufacturer what they were trying to achieve as I doubt they intended the very large and round heads the Buffy, Michelle Yeoh and Kate Beckinsale figures ended up with. The facial likenesses are actually very good. I expect Natalie will be done properly as the rooted hair hollow vinyl heads appear to be a thing of the past. I'm sorry the rooted hair didn't work out, but I would rather have a well executed sculpt with solid sculpted hair than a badly done one with rooted hair.

The things they are doing with sculpted hair is amazing!! I think, even if this sculpt is a little off, we have a few more Padme's to look forward to. Seeing as Sideshow's tailors are some of the best, I would definitely snap up an Ep I Amidala in the light up red dress. That was cool looking. Not so interested in hair combing, super-pregnant Padme.

Will Padme's skin-tight bunny-suit really look good given SS's female body style?

If the suit's not skin tight (and I mean skin tight:wacky ) I'm out!

I mean, why else would anyone get this other than to have a hot Natalie on your shelf.

Wor-Gar said:
Will Padme's skin-tight bunny-suit really look good given SS's female body style?

If the suit's not skin tight (and I mean skin tight:wacky ) I'm out!

I mean, why else would anyone get this other than to have a hot Natalie on your shelf.

thanks for the laugh, though I'd actually prefer the Geonosis arena with the ripped shirt as a hot Natalie, or the photoshopped pics of her in the metal bikini. I think I've said too much.

GSRJedi said:
thanks for the laugh, though I'd actually prefer the Geonosis arena with the ripped shirt as a hot Natalie

wouldn't you rather sideshow made her without her shirt ripped? i'd much rather want the episode 2 version to be her full costume, including her white shaw. it would be so easy to cut the shirt off yourself if you wanted to display her "battle damaged".

Anyone ever notice how she didn't bleed much after getting mauled by the big kitty thing? She would have been soaked in blood! Also, I wonder if it left scars. Chicks with scarsa are hot. Uh oh. Now I've said too much, too.

I don't know why everyone complains about the SSC female body. Could it be filled out a bit more? Yes, but it's still a great body!

captain sack said:
wouldn't you rather sideshow made her without her shirt ripped? i'd much rather want the episode 2 version to be her full costume, including her white shaw. it would be so easy to cut the shirt off yourself if you wanted to display her "battle damaged".

I'd want the full costume as long as it had the shaw, otherwise I think I'd like the ripped version.

Back