Small_Studios Painted Sculpts

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Small_Studios Figure Gallery

I sent you two PMs Josh and I never got a reply...just wanted to know if you got that replacement head sculpt I sent you since the first one was a dud :huh

Yes got it the other day. Sorry for the delay Lee:peace

PM sent, Josh. I know you're busy as hell. Get at me whenever you can, my friend. :peace

Man Josh...the more I pour over the awesome work in this thread the more I get excited to see what you do with my Malcolm Reynolds sculpt!

Man Josh...the more I pour over the awesome work in this thread the more I get excited to see what you do with my Malcolm Reynolds sculpt!

I would like to see that as I plan to send the entire lot of those heads to Josh soon enough.

Hey Josh, what happened? Got the mail today and found a package from you. Needless to say I was delighted. I opened and found the unpainted sculpts I sent you last June. No note, no explanation, just unpainted sculpts. WHY!!! I might understand the Riddler as one you didn't want to do for some reson, but you also passed on the Joker, a repaint you are famous for. I'm a litle upset. After waiting for 7 months, without bugging you, they were returned unpainted. Did I do something wrong?

Old Grandpa

Hey Josh, what happened? Got the mail today and found a package from you. Needless to say I was delighted. I opened and found the unpainted sculpts I sent you last June. No note, no explanation, just unpainted sculpts. WHY!!! I might understand the Riddler as one you didn't want to do for some reson, but you also passed on the Joker, a repaint you are famous for. I'm a litle upset. After waiting for 7 months, without bugging you, they were returned unpainted. Did I do something wrong?

Old Grandpa

Don't fret it. I had mine returned after eight months of waiting and have talked to a few other people who had the same experience. I guess it's better that he returns them if doesn't have the time to complete them, rather then hold them indefinitely. Though it does seem confusing since I still see lots of people still posting that they have just sent theirs off to him to be painted.

Did you guys pre-pay for the painting though? Maybe he is just returning those that haven't been pre-paid? I know with him working on Sideshow stuff now, he'll have less (maybe no) time to work on customs :(

I had several of my sculpts returned as well, but Josh contacted me because he did not have time to do all of them. I pre-paid for mine and he said he would issue a refund for the unpainted sculpts.

That is sad news indeed. I haven't recieved mine yet, but from what I'm hearing I wouldn't be too surprised to find them in my mailbox.

Sad news indeed :(

Eric

Did you guys pre-pay for the painting though? Maybe he is just returning those that haven't been pre-paid? I know with him working on Sideshow stuff now, he'll have less (maybe no) time to work on customs :(

When I sent him the scultps he wasn't taking pre-payments. He did complete a Two Face for me, I sent him the payment and he sent me the scuplt. Did a fantastic job. That's the main reson I never asked him how my other two repaints were doing. Didn't want to bug him. I just want to hear from him as to what's going on. Is he out of the business for good or is this a temporary problem that will clear up after he gets a chance to get caught up.

Old Grandpa

Maybe SS doesn't want him painting on the side . . .

Could be. That's what happened to Harue and their awesome
clothing. Once Rueann signed the big contract with Hot Toys,
they stopped taking other jobs. It's just the way it goes sometimes.

But now, Josh will have to pay income tax...:rotfl

The Good Side: He'll have great benefits now. :clap

The Bad Side: No more making a small fortune off the forums
without the IRS knowing. :D

Back