Skin Texture Experiment

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boot25

Super Freak
Reaction score
I gave a quick paint job to another Locke with an experimental skin texture.
Too much? let me know.
Thanks.
364442950.jpg

It looks really nice, but if I may, the effect seems more like he has goosebumps than texturing of the skin, but the path your on may lead to a more textured look.

For Locke I think it it looks great. Paint job it awsome as well.

Looks good! :rock I bet it looks really nice in hand though. The texture is probably less pronounced than in the large pic which would make it perfect.

Not a giant fan of the skin texture but the coloration of the skin is by far improved. Before it was a bit on the yellow side made him look :sick

Yup. The second one has better tones, but a bit extreme with the texture.

The skin texture may work better if left smooth on certain areas ie: the top of his bald head & ears etc. a mix of the 2, I prefer the textured one though

They both look great. Can you share your technic? What colors are you mixing for your base skin tone?

Like most people here I prefer number 2, because the colour seems more lifelike - although I don't know what the lighting conditions might have been for 1.

As regards texture, I looked up some pictures on google images and Locke does actually seem to have 'bumpy skin'. Maybe it's 'too much' as you say, in terms of surface area, but as a principle it's definitely a step in a better direction - the more detail there is for the eye to apprehend the more likely you are to get tricked into thinking something is real.

Does it help with painting stubble to have that kind of texture?

Bottom line - it's impossible for me to decide which one I think is best without having them in hand. Therefore, I suggest you sell them both to me immediately so I can give you a definitive answer:D

Back