SilentSurfer's Laboratory: Come up to the Lab & See What's on the Slab.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Marf, you already know that I'm a Mad Men fan, so let me first say congratulations on that amazing Draper, and I would also like to say thank you for letting me live vicariously through you, and what are sure to be a bunch of incredible pictures of your Don.:lol

Marf, you already know that I'm a Mad Men fan, so let me first say congratulations on that amazing Draper, and I would also like to say thank you for letting me live vicariously through you, and what are sure to be a bunch of incredible pictures of your Don.:lol

Thank you, sir! :lol I will try to take some pictures that do Trevor's incredible sculpt and Nathan's phenomenal paint justice.

You got a build up waiting for that headsculpt?

Sure do! Albeit a temporary one...

I've already switched up the pose to give the figure more character, I'll post more pics next week :)

_MG_5868.jpg

Fantastic paint work on these heads, there is a real sense of 'life' behind those eyes. They do look like they are thinking.

Bravo.

Well, they seem to be doing fine without me. But, thanks to three individual Freaks here with connections, I now do paint masters for four different companies.

And now I KNOW Sideshow wasn't paying me what the work was worth. I sometimes get paid more for one statue now than what Sideshow was giving me for three of comparable quality.:cuckoo:

Glad to hear that you're making more $ for your hard work. Simply incredible work on that Draper btw SS, as usual.

Thanks. I'm actually kinda surprised the pics of Don are getting such a positive reaction. Compared to how he looks in person, I really don't like those pics.

I see you're painting Don's now. Any chance you could drop a response to my pm from awhile back?

I'll check it out. I bumped on Marf's Don because it was new, but the 1st official Don batch will be a little later.

Great work on Don.:clap
Although your skin color and everything else is great, I'm always most amazed by the eyes. How you get so much detail in them is beyond me. With them looking so realistic in these larger than life shots, I can only imagine how great they must look in person.

Last edited:
Okay, I think I've got my camera settings and lighting figured out. I really like these shots. I didn't have to adjust color or brightness at all. All I did do was photoshop the neck plug line out.

YearbookPhoto.jpg

BTTF2Version.jpg

I've done some more work on it, but I can't finish the step I'm on or take pics cause I have a crazy busy week this coming week with 5 paint masters due for 2 new companies that just approached me, Disney and a video game company.:horror

Back