SilentSurfer's Laboratory: Come up to the Lab & See What's on the Slab.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those are great reference pics of the chainsaws. I still see that little plate thing on the Army version though.

Nope, no holster yet, Cyber.

Just finished a nice repaint of Shaun of the Dead. I'll post pics tomorrow when I have some daylight. My interior light isn't capturing the skintone well enough.

Can't wait to see that! Really wanted to order those figures when they were announced, but was very underwhelmed when they came out.

"We're not using the 'zed' word!"

ShaunoftheDeadPoster.jpg

ShaunoftheDead05.jpg

ShaunoftheDead04.jpg

ShaunoftheDead03.jpg

ShaunoftheDead02.jpg

ShaunoftheDead01.jpg

All of that minute mottling and freckling on the skin is just insane. And blood vessels in the eyes?! Good lord! :thud:

Also, you do the best blue eyes. The shades of color you use have so much depth.

Not a figure, but definitely a custom. My first ever pumpkin carving using the outside of the pumpkin.

Tell me you didn't see this coming. It's not epic by any measure, but it had to be done. The mask is curved more than the actual pumpkin and the nose sticks out, but that doesn't translate in these pics.

PumpkinJasonHead!

NormalLight.jpg

DimLight.jpg

PumpkinJasonHead.jpg

SuperGlow.jpg

IntheDark.jpg

Which shot should I submit to Sideshow's Jack-o-lantern contest. I won't win, but I'd like to participate.

Last edited:
That my friend is awesome! :D I think either of the first 2 lit up shots would be cool

Really impressive the work on my Shaun, Nathan!
You turned the SS headsculpt into a GREAT one!
Just stunning. I'm so glad that you are doing this paint job (and the others) for me, really!

Wasn't sure he'd make it for Spook, but feast your eyes on the facebook teaser shot. Just F'ing awesomeness.

Yeah, I painted that!
148872_464101619144_19004299144_5430730_4202923_n.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks. The Jason-o-lantern ended up with a hatchet in his head/mask in the same spot as the axe in part 3. Looked cool. It won "Scariest" at my uncle's 50th birthday/Halloween party on Saturday. I didn't get any pics of it with the hatchet though before smashing it (as per tradition) at the end of trick or treating last night.

This year was one of the best Halloweens ever. I got to kick it off in late Spetember by painting the Jason PF, I enjoyed a couple visits each to Knott's Scary Farm's Halloween Haunt and Universal Studios Hollywood's Halloween Horror Nights, once with a couple of the great guys from Sideshow. Thanks again, guys. And it all came to a climactic end last night with scaring little kids, teenage girls, and very small dogs as Jason in my mom's neighborhood (with a real axe, mind you) as I have done for over ten years. We must have had hundreds of tirck or treaters last night. That neighborhood rocks on Halloween. We've always gone all out on decorations and year by year more homes do the same. I love it. Then I came home to see the teaser of the Jason PF. Excellent Halloween! H2010 did not disappoint.

With a real axe? If I did that here I'd probably get shot. But that's cool. Jason PF looks friggin' spectacular btw.

Thanks. I can't wait for the full reveal.

Yep, real axe. Some kids didn't think it was real until I dragged it along the ground. Then they ran. Ah, the screams. Music to my ears.:yess:

You painted Jason Nathan? Fantastic! Can you tell us anymore about it? I'm guessing he has interchangable hands based on the unpainted prototype tease that showed both the axe and machete hands.

And just out of curiosity, what did they actually send you to paint? Was it the full figure with clothes or was it just the parts/naked figure that they needed to be painted? I always enjoy finding out how things are put together behind the scenes.

But I'm guessing this is a home run PF? :monkey3

Back