SilentSurfer's Laboratory: Come up to the Lab & See What's on the Slab.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Incredible work on Poison Ivy... certainly a decent paint job from Sideshow, but your improvement's add so much life; especially the work to her eyes and mouth.

So much great , surprising pics from Famcon[emoji14] [emoji1] !
56d584033f1097c4cdd1274e8f424052.jpg
Oh, how I wanted to be there to see all in person.

Last edited:
It really was an honor to see Nathan Eakins paint right there on the spot and be part of the show again. It really was like we got to look behind the curtain of Silent Surfers laboratory, what a treat!!!

Greatest show on earth. Thanks, Nathan. Your generosity is wonderful. All the painterly nerds were spellbound, even if none of us will ever be able to actually do any of what you showed us.

nathan_zps8992e5da.jpg

It was an honor to be there, an honor to have so many interested in what I do, an honor to share how I do it with those like Gruff and Rahmier84 who sat with me through nearly the whole process of painting one head on the spot, and an honor also to have spent before and after time with a handful of you like we were old friends from high school.

Every once in a while I have such a perfect time that I want nothing more than to do it all over again.

The head on the figure is my paint up of the Master Works head. I started and finished it at the show, and it is the head I'm working on in the above pic. So for any out there who wonder if I use decals for the my eyes, I now have over a hundred witnesses for the fact that I paint all my eyes by hand.

SherlockComparison.jpg

Sherlock03.jpg

Sherlock01.jpg

Sherlock02.jpg

Sherlock05.jpg

Sherlock06.jpg

Sherlock07.jpg

One hundred witnesses indeed! I know I tried to peek over your shoulder at every possible opportunity, was such a treat to see you paint that sculpt. Even more more so because its final destination is my collection. :lol I'll think back on that awesome day every time I look at it.

Looks amazing in these pics and its even better in hand. Great job and was a dream come true for me obviously to watch that unfold in front of my eyes.

Awesome work Nathan! I took a quick pic of it at the show but yours pics obviously show it off a LOT better!

Beautiful paint up!! The eyes are extraordinary, I hope Rahmier soaked up some good knowledge! :lol

I honestly believe there is a really good documentary to be made that would profile this corner of the hobby. I don't think the civilians out there have any clue just how talented and dedicated so many of our painters and sculptors and tailors really are. I'd throw money at that Kickstarter!

Artists filmed and interviewed in their natural habitats ... because I personally believe an artist's work space can be fascinating as well.

The head on the figure is my paint up of the Master Works head. I started and finished it at the show, and it is the head I'm working on in the above pic. So for any out there who wonder if I use decals for the my eyes, I now have over a hundred witnesses for the fact that I paint all my eyes by hand.

SherlockComparison.jpg

Sherlock03.jpg

Sherlock01.jpg

Sherlock02.jpg

Sherlock05.jpg

Sherlock06.jpg

Sherlock07.jpg

Flawless man! Lucky dudes to bear witness to the awesomeness that is SURFER!!!!

Back