SilentSurfer's Laboratory: Come up to the Lab & See What's on the Slab.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wake, you're making my Detolfs weep with inadequacy and shame.

Beautifully done, sir!

Terrific use of lighting. And I love the detail on the window blinds. I honestly can't compliment the whole project enough. :clap

(And, of course, spectacularly painted, Nathan!)

Last edited:
"Heisenberg says relax!"
Painted by: Nathan ;)

12245837154_80284ea174_c.jpg

The Disney projects seem to have come to a (hopefully temporary) end, so I will making the most of my time to attach the private commission stuff again. I know many of you have been waiting far too long. My apologies.

I think you can make more clear situation here.I'm quiet sure you know about how much orders you need to paint already and how much time you need fore them.Just give us some date when you think you will be able to take new customs-may, july , september?Thanks

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

I think you can make more clear situation here.I'm quiet sure you know about how much orders you need to paint already and how much time you need fore them.Just give us some date when you think you will be able to take new customs-may, july , september?Thanks

Any customizer can attest to this--there is no way to accurately gauge how long everything will take. Typically, we tend to underestimate anyway. Which is why I'm so backed up.

Any customizer can attest to this--there is no way to accurately gauge how long everything will take. Typically, we tend to underestimate anyway. Which is why I'm so backed up.

I concur on that one. I get backed up so quickly because I underestimate how much time I need for each project.

Customizers should follow the example of Montgomery Scott:

Scotty Principle
(n.) The defacto gold star standard for delivering products and/or services within a projected timeframe. Derived from the original Star Trek series wherein Lt. Cmdr. Montgomery 'Scotty' Scott consistently made the seemingly impossible happen just in time to save the crew of the Enterprise from disaster.

The premise is simple:

1) Caluculate average required time for completion of given task.

2) Depending on importance of task, add 25-50% additional time to original estimate.

3) Report and commit to inflated time estimate with superiors, clients, etc.

4) Under optimal conditions the task is completed closer to the original time estimate vs. the inflated delivery time expected by those waiting.

Although maybe doubling the time estimate would be safer :lol :huh

That's actually pretty smart. One of my downfalls this last year since FamCon is that so much came in so fast, that it wouldn't have been possible to calculate that effectively.

Back