SilentSurfer's Laboratory: Come up to the Lab & See What's on the Slab.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Truly incredible piece! Wake sure doesn't play when it comes to his custom figures and dioramas! Truly on another level and this stuff just looks like movie prop miniatures or something like that! Simply incredible! The bed doesn't look movie accurate, but it looks even better if you ask me! Love those little weathering details on the bed and I can't wait to see the completed dio with all the final extra details such as the air fresheners, etc...! Gonna be sick..!!!! Congrats, Wake! Wow!

The irony is that the Imjnime figures will have the attention taken away by the victim!

LOL..! I was thinking the same thing. But for the sake of your amazing photo shoots, I'm sure you'll light it and take the shots in a manner to bring the focus on the iminime figures again! Still, as stand alone pieces, that victim can certainly stand on it's own! Just gorgeous work!
:clap Nathan is the man...! No doubt! :lecture

You are correct. It is commented that he bit off his tongue, but when looking at reference pics, the actor still has his tongue. I also thought it looked odd that the open mouth was just an empty, smooth gap, so I added the tongue... or tongue stump, if you will.

Ah ha! Great work.

Just be thankful I didn't add the actor's real left arm back in. You can see it along his body in this shot where the shirt fell away.

Now that would be taking screen accurate just a bit too far! :lol

Hair, clothes, and bed.

Sloth03.jpg

Sloth09.jpg

Sloth02.jpg

Sloth10.jpg

Sloth04.jpg

Sloth05.jpg

Sloth06.jpg

:thud::thud::thud:

That is just incredible looking... and somehow the disturbingness of it only increases with the clothing and hair added.

And congrats to Wake for getting this incredible piece made :rock

Now that Vader has been released, how about some of my proto paint pics? But first...

I wanted to paint Vader's eyes as Sith for this project because the expression was clearly meant to be Vader before he was defeated by Luke and tossed the Emperor overboard, but it seemed Lucasfilm wouldn't have it. But with the release of the figure I finally got to do it my way.

SithEyes.jpg

SithEyes2.jpg

Does anybody else's head sit just a little cockeyed in the mask. I had to paint the eyes in such a way as to prevent him looking like he was checking something out off to the side.

Last edited:
Not really much point in posting the proto pics since the figure looks perfect anyway, but here are some shots you may not get the full effect displaying your figure.

MaskFace01.jpg

MaskFace07.jpg

MaskCollar07.jpg

MaskCollar10.jpg

SeveredHand.jpg

Obviously before these pieces were engineered to light up.

Boxes.jpg

Looking good Nathan! Someone else in the vader thread mentioned theirs looking off...

I like how you painted the belt and chest box to look like they were lit up, but what's with the soldering
pin?

And I don't want to be annoying, but I want to give you a ghostbusters poke ;p

Looking good Nathan! Someone else in the vader thread mentioned theirs looking off...

I like how you painted the belt and chest box to look like they were lit up, but what's with the soldering
pin?

And I don't want to be annoying, but I want to give you a ghostbusters poke ;p

Haha, it's not a soldering pin. It's a hair pin used for scale when I took those pics 2.5 years ago.

Ghostbusters are next actually, after this onslaught of Disney Store projects.

Back