Sideshowtoys website - Currency

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bforce

Freakalicious
Reaction score
Hi.

I'm going to ask a bit of a dumb and stupid question (which may have been asked before elsewhere - which I have not come across).

I am not registered with the Sideshow Website nor have I purchased with them direct. Mainly because of local distributors having stock, postage costs, currency conversion, taxes etc.

I'm based in Australia (and thinking about purchasing some items direct due to lack of stock locally) and was wondering does the Sideshow Website automatically display the dollar amount in AUD (based on the country you are viewing the website from) or it is always displayed in US currency (to be converted at payment time via Credit Card or PayPal)? (some websites automatically convert at the front end for convenience ie allposters).

Reason why I am asking is the dollar amount currently shown on the Sideshow Website is pretty similar to local dealers. Normally the US price is cheaper and the AUD is higher (especially at the moment with the AUD being so low compare to the US dollar).

ie an item costing $1000 US (plus postage) would usually retail for around $1500-$1800 AUD approx.

Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks.

May have answered my own post here. It appears the prices are USD. If you view the website by product, then under each image it says the price and currency.

I was going direct (via Google) into the main product and thus into the Buy area - which does not mention what currency is being displayed.

But happy to hear any feedback.

Thanks.

The only currency conversion that will show on site are for the EU at this point in time. I believe the site should be converting to visitors that are identified as coming from the EU to show the EU pricing of products but if it doesn't automatically convert the information then one can view it by either logging into their Sideshow account and visiting the item page they are seeking currency info on or (if not logged in) visiting that item page of interest and putting in their location details in the ship estimate area. Although currency conversion for other parts of the world aren't occurring on the site right now I know it's something that's on the books to do in the future (though it will most likely be a while as there are other site enhancement/updates that are of high priority at this time).

-SideshowAlex

The only currency conversion that will show on site are for the EU at this point in time. I believe the site should be converting to visitors that are identified as coming from the EU to show the EU pricing of products but if it doesn't automatically convert the information then one can view it by either logging into their Sideshow account and visiting the item page they are seeking currency info on or (if not logged in) visiting that item page of interest and putting in their location details in the ship estimate area. Although currency conversion for other parts of the world aren't occurring on the site right now I know it's something that's on the books to do in the future (though it will most likely be a while as there are other site enhancement/updates that are of high priority at this time).

-SideshowAlex

Thanks for the information - much appreciated.

Cheers

Back