Sideshow's 1/6 Lara Croft

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
when will they ditch the buck for good?

i guess when they finish up the products that were designed before the body came out?

I think we should just assume that any future sculpts we see are done by Trevor. I can't remember the last one we saw that wasn't done by him.

Oh well, I was excited for a while, but no new bod = no purchase for me.

Have to admit some elements still look great though!

Its gonna be awesome! Still on the buck means a cheaper price than if it was a new body. I may get two in this case!!! I really liked the TR series.

Too bad about the body...but I want to see pictures before I go so far as to make or break a purchase. This is definitely one of those "on-the-fence" items for me. It's got great appeal and I know it will look great on the shelf, but with SDCC coming there's a good chance my excitement will wear off before she gets into my hands. Cost will also be a factor. $49.99 is gonna be hard to say no too, while the new $89.99 will be an instant pass.

Anyway, the pics will make me decide if I preorder or not.

Looks great! I'm definitely going to get one.
I did the headsculpt, which looks to have been INFINITELY improved by paint. I didn't even recognize it at first! amazing job Sideshow
Trev
So is this based on a certain actress you've sculpted before? ;) ;) ;)

I hope not, I should get back to finishing my Jolie I've had lying around for years. She was pretty close to completion, but I just lost the desire to sculpt.

I've always been under the impression that people generally consider the Tomb Raider games (I've never played one) to be very overrated and mediocre, and the movies were terrible. Is there really a following for Lara Croft or do you guys just think she's a cool looking chick? I'm just trying to comprehend the excitement over adding this to one's collection.

The first two Tomb Raider games were very good at the time. It gained a big following for it's gameplay, not just for Lara and her...assets. It's too bad that pretty much every TR game released after the first few sucked. The series rebooted with Tomb Raider Legend, and that game (from which the SS figure takes it's outfit) is quite good.

So if you're wondering how Tomb Raider got so popular, you should just play the first couple of games or just skip them and try TR Legend. Actually, the first Tomb Raider game was recently remade with updated graphics and controls. I haven't tried it yet but I've heard it's pretty good. Everything else about the entire TR series sucks, including the movies. (But I'd still love an Angelina Jolie as Lara figure in my collection).

Anyway, I'm definitely adding the new Lara figure to my collection, although I hope they release and second figure in her classic outfit. I like the "Legend" outfit, but the original blue tank top and shorts are more iconic.

the first tomb raider was an incredible game for the time...a way to step into the shoes of Indiana Jones...but with long legs, big boobs and a woman packing heat! Some of the others were good and I loved Legend. I think Angelina was made to be Lara but I hope they keep the video game look.

more outfits:

Back