1/6 Sideshow Wonder Woman Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had an odd dream about this figure (not like that) where instead of the hair the sculpt actually has, she had a battle braid that was articulated. You could have it down for a museum pose, or move it around for dynamic options. It had cleverly hidden joints in the braid, kinda like the Neca Godzilla tails.

I had an odd dream about this figure (not like that) where instead of the hair the sculpt actually has, she had a battle braid that was articulated. You could have it down for a museum pose, or move it around for dynamic options. It had cleverly hidden joints in the braid, kinda like the Neca Godzilla tails.

That would be cool. Sort of like Kassandra in Assassin's Creed Odyssey.

Screen_Shot_2018_09_10_at_12.07.18_PM.0.png

Or the DC Universe Online Game Cinematic Trailer:

dcuniverseonline.jpg

2377825-ps4handson_dcuo_20131113.jpg

My WW arrived today, spent around $255 total. I’m quite pleased with the sculpt and paint app, but in needing to remove the plastic wrapping from the head making it necessary to remove the head, the sculpted hair got unglued pretty easily that in turn was reattached with a glue gun. I like the sculpt of the hair, although it restricts the head?s movement.

The molded Golden Lasso looked very flimsy and should be called the tan noodle instead. Since I don’t plan of posing the figure handling the other lasso that’s more of a textile construction, I tried undoing the metal fastener of the lasso strap that’s attached to the belt, which broke where the fastener is attached and where it connects to the belt. I just happened to have some calf leather so I cut some to shape, painted it, switched in the original metal fastener and attached it to the belt with contact cement.

Overall, I really love this figure, more than my Hot Toys BvS Gal Gadot WW, and in terms of a 12-inch comic version WW, I feel extremely satisfied especially with the disappointment I suffered with the 13-inch scale DC Direct deluxe version that’s stored in pieces out of frustration, in my decade long hopes of improving it. I think this will be the only SS DC Comics figure I’ll be getting since I don’t think Batman or Superman have the same amount of “WOW” factor that this WW figure has.
2253ADE9-7FE5-434D-8912-D72D704CE760.jpeg
30FFB9FF-20A7-433A-91A0-E5A85508CE9F.jpg

Last edited:
My WW arrived today, spent around $255 total. I?m quite pleased with the sculpt and paint app, but in needing to remove the plastic wrapping from the head making it necessary to remove the head, the sculpted hair got unglued pretty easily that in turn was reattached with a glue gun. I like the sculpt of the hair, although it restricts the head?s movement.

The molded Golden Lasso looked very flimsy and should be called the tan noodle instead. Since I don?t plan of posing the figure handling the other lasso that?s more of a textile construction, I tried undoing the metal fastener of the lasso strap that?s attached to the belt, which broke where the fastener is attached and where it connects to the belt. I just happened to have some calf leather so I cut some to shape, painted it, switched in the original metal fastener and attached it to the belt with contact cement.

Overall, I really love this figure, more than my Hot Toys BvS Gal Gadot WW, and in terms of a 12-inch comic version WW, I feel extremely satisfied especially with the disappointment I suffered with the 13-inch scale DC Direct deluxe version that?s stored in pieces out of frustration, in my decade long hopes of improving it. I think this will be the only SS DC Comics figure I?ll be getting since I don?t think Batman or Superman have the same amount of ?WOW? factor that this WW figure has.
View attachment 498057
View attachment 498060
I assumed the sculpted lasso was less luminous intentionally, to make the other one look like it's glowing in it's "active" state.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

I haven't received mine yet, but from the photos I realized that the base doesn't have any applied art. Am I right?

I haven't received mine yet, but from the photos I realized that the base doesn't have any applied art. Am I right?
Correct. Neither Superman nor Wonder Woman have art on the bases.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

Teflon tape.

I have the new Supes (awesome) and this heap of crap they call Wonder Woman. Probably one of the worst figure ever released by Sideshow. I keep watching at it and still can’t find a single thing that justify the price. Phicen usually uses only their tan bodies for every female figure and here, Sideshow was even dumb enough to use the pale body. Costume is... minimal, head is ... okay I guess. Great for an 80 bucks figure. At the price point they’re selling, I feel like the worst cretin in the world for buying.

Teflon tape.

I have the new Supes (awesome) and this heap of crap they call Wonder Woman. Probably one of the worst figure ever released by Sideshow. I keep watching at it and still can?t find a single thing that justify the price. Phicen usually uses only their tan bodies for every female figure and here, Sideshow was even dumb enough to use the pale body. Costume is... minimal, head is ... okay I guess. Great for an 80 bucks figure. At the price point they?re selling, I feel like the worst cretin in the world for buying.

🤣🤣 I know what you mean. The pale body bugs the hell out of me. It's nice the phicen can get in all these crazy positions but I only have to look at it and the ankles give way so what's the point. Frustrating as hell to try and pose.

Teflon tape.

I have the new Supes (awesome) and this heap of crap they call Wonder Woman. Probably one of the worst figure ever released by Sideshow. I keep watching at it and still can?t find a single thing that justify the price. Phicen usually uses only their tan bodies for every female figure and here, Sideshow was even dumb enough to use the pale body. Costume is... minimal, head is ... okay I guess. Great for an 80 bucks figure. At the price point they?re selling, I feel like the worst cretin in the world for buying.
A blank phicen body alone would cost you $90, though.

Serious question: to my eye, the figure is exactly what was advertised and I knew what the price was when I decided to buy it. What's the difference between what was advertised and what you got that makes you feel ripped off?

[emoji1787][emoji1787] I know what you mean. The pale body bugs the hell out of me. It's nice the phicen can get in all these crazy positions but I only have to look at it and the ankles give way so what's the point. Frustrating as hell to try and pose.
Someone mentioned that apply some masking tape to the ankle joints solved that issue for them. I haven't tried it yet, myself.

Still, should not have shipped that way. This was a huge miss.

Back