1/6 Sideshow Wonder Woman Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Will that rubber body last and if not are you able to remove everything and put it on a new body?

If I'm not mistaken, the description states the body is from TBL/Phicen, so it should be a bit more durable than a standard rubber body, though I've not experienced TBL/P bodies.

If you don’t leave it in extreme poses for weeks, it will last very long. I have their very first bodies and none have deteriorated. The only one I have that has deteriorated was a cheap Hercules I bought on eBay and that had obviously been left in extreme positions for months. So with caution and you should be good.

I preordered the exclusive as well.
I'm happy for those who love Hot Toys (I do as well), but I generally don't buy the film version of DC or Marvel. For me, the character is bigger than any of the actors who have played them, and I prefer a comic "look" on my shelves.
Definitely agree that the price feels a little high, but I'll bet that this figure will last longer than any Hot Toys Wonder Woman (which I guess is how I justify it to myself).
Looking forward to it!!!

I personally don't care about the exclusive with this one, so I'll wait for a price drop. Popcultcha has the Sideshow Batman and Superman for $146 shipped to the U.S., so I'm certain this one will drop below $200.

I really wanted to get behind this one but it just looks mediocre.

I actually think the hot toys concept art/colored Wonder Woman is a better (looking and value) comic book version. Bare bones doesn't cover it.

I'll take any figures SS offer in this line. Tired of the movie related stuff for now and HT seem to have little interest in expanding the Arkham line sadly.

The one thing I don't like about movie-themed superhero action figures is how their costumes change from movie to movie. With the comic-inspired ones you get a general look that embodies the character more generally. Hence, you don't feel the need to own several versions of the same character.

The one thing I don't like about movie-themed superhero action figures is how their costumes change from movie to movie. With the comic-inspired ones you get a general look that embodies the character more generally. Hence, you don't feel the need to own several versions of the same character.

This,1000%

This,1000%

She's a nice looking figure but looks like she should be priced at $120 shipped. Sideshow has lost their minds with these prices for what one gets. I'll still take Hot Toys or Blitzway any day over this. For $120 shipped, I'd grab her but for me no way would I buy this for 240 plus shipping. Spoke with my wallet. For all you that pick her up, good for you

I've seen comments like that before, and I think that is being incredibly unrealistic. If a new TBLeague/Phicen body is, say $70 (for round numbers sake).
Then the suggestion is that the headsculpt, paint, costume, accessories, and LICENSING, should all be @$50.

On top of that, when people compare Sideshow to Hot Toys, they always seem to forget that Sideshow is an American company. So all the pre-work for the figures (design, sculpt, etc.) is being paid for in American dollars, to American employees, with American-style wages (not asian). Same goes for production costs. If you think that Chinese factories give the same rates to American companies, as they do to Chinese ones, you are sadly mistaken.

Generally speaking, these days Sideshow, and other non-Asian companies like Big Chief Studios, will HAVE to charge more for their figures.

It's not really about comparing them quality to quality, it's about understanding why the costs are what they are, and then deciding whether or not to make a purchase.

Personally, I'd like more accessories with the DC line, particularly because the older ones had lots.

Just look at their Court of the Dead 1/6 line that they're also partnering with TBLeague for. The figures are priced at $170, with quite a few optional parts and accessories. They have large ornate bases as well. It's not hard to believe that the pricing disparity between that line and this is due to licensing costs.

The pricing complaint is overblown. All 1/6 prices have gone up. $220 is the current entry level price for a licensed figure. Sideshow definitely skimps on the accessories for their procepoint, but the disparity is more like $30, not $100.

If you really want a $120 figure, there are plenty of mediocre unlicensed cops, soldiers, and samurai out there. The idea that Sideshow should charge $120 for this figure in the current market is asinine.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

Exactly. Licensing, and let's be real, profit. They can reasonably expect that they would sell more Wonder Woman figures, than a line/brand "Court of the Dead" that they created themselves, that relatively few general public are aware of.
Wonder Woman has been part of pop culture for decades.

Just got a notice from Sideshow on both this figure and Superman. Arriving in the warehouse Friday.

Back