Sideshow Wolf Bio Recast Alert

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I understand Sideshow isn't getting the money but they wouldn't get money for that piece anymore anyway because they don't sell anymore of them on their website. They don't make a dime from sales on ebay whether its the real deal or a recast. If someone on ebay buys a recast for $200 or the real one for $700 from some random seller that isn't directly from sideshow, they arn't profiting. So basically re-selling sideshow items should be frowned upon as well.

I think your missing the point that copying someone else work and selling it is wrong. Someone worked hard on the sculpt and a bunch of money was paid for the license, distribution rights etc. Now someone decides its ok to copy it (recast, paint) and sell it. That is STEALING. Do you support that?

Im trying to figure out how this is different from someone selling custom paintjobs and/or custom figures? I'm sure in all cases technically people profiting from any type of reproduction of intellectual property that isnt theirs is stealing right? I mean there are all sort of bio masks on the market for the Hot Toys predator line. Is this different other than the size?

Exactly, it's nothing new to SSC Marvel pieces because most of those pieces were the ones bringing the most bang for the buck if you will.

Grey HULK, Green HULK, Hulk vs Spiderman's, Iron Man Com's, etc....

i think the Aliens bust takes out all of those pieces by a long shot, not to mention the Predator 1 bust has also been recasted, now we have the high priced Wolf Bio

Im trying to figure out how this is different from someone selling custom paintjobs and/or custom figures? I'm sure in all cases technically people profiting from any type of reproduction of intellectual property that isnt theirs is stealing right? I mean there are all sort of bio masks on the market for the Hot Toys predator line. Is this different other than the size?

its hard to say. i think most ppl get pissed when they see something copied that has already been made and distributed and usually sold out. a custom paint job doesnt change anything to the value of the other non custom painted pieces.

if there is a custom statue/figure that hasnt been produced yet, ppl dont think its stealing cause there is nothing to steal from except the license holder, but that doesnt really piss off many ppl. SS/FOX prolly cares a little, but its too hard to stop people from making their own pieces cause its such a big community. its kind of a double standard, except as a collectors community, we tend to praise people for creating their own piece even if they dont have the rights to do so.

It's funny how many people are talking about recasting as stealing (which it is)...I wonder how many of the same people have either pirated satelite tv, download MP3's or cracked video games on their PC's ? Probably a lot of you.

I can't remember if this was the Bio Dan aka Faken was selling on his site (before he stopped selling unofficial stuff). And if it is the same Bio FYI: It's better than the SS piece, recast or not. The Bio I'm talking about was specifically made to fix the warping issue a lot of SSC Wolf Bio's had.

Actually it was proven that the guy actually recast the SS wolf bio and it was not an original sculpt at all.

sorry to disappoint :(

Well after buying my wolf bust from ssc,i put myself on the waitlist for the wolf bio... that was 2 years ago and im still waiting.: ( What im trying to say is i would rather keep hope of getting the official one than a recast! Thats just the way i roll but each to their own i guess.

if u really did, please give us a report (with pics) on the quality of the piece. i'm really curious about how good the craftsmanship and quality of a recast can be...
I didn't, although i was considering it if i had the money. I did just buy a custom AvP Pred though. Watch, Nam will call the police on me. :lol

I didn't, although i was considering it if i had the money. I did just buy a custom AvP Pred though. Watch, Nam will call the police on me. :lol

Where you live, it'd be the local constable. And not likely given he's probably your father/half-brother. Keep practicing Duelin' Banjos though. Never know when you might need that skill.

Where you live, it'd be the local constable. And not likely given he's probably your father/half-brother. Keep practicing Duelin' Banjos though. Never know when you might need that skill.
What on earth are you talking about.. there was never a "He" in my statement. That goes to show how stupid you are.. Now really, do you have nothing better to do then then insult people repeatedly on the internet? It's sad because even your insults are terrible. I'm tired of listening to your pointless cries for attention. Now please, do us all a favor and gtfo you worthless peice of trash.

What on earth are you talking about.. there was never a "He" in my statement. That goes to show how stupid you are.. Now really, do you have nothing better to do then then insult people repeatedly on the internet? It's sad because even your insults are terrible. I'm tired of listening to your pointless cries for attention. Now please, do us all a favor and gtfo you worthless peice of trash.

You're a very sad, incompetent and pathetic little man who has absolutely nothing better to do than provoke internet arguments he'd be too cowardly to start in person. Go back to school ya newb. Your reading comprehension blows. :dunno

Last edited:
Back