Sideshow, Will the Darth Vader Life-Sized Bust be produced soon?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, you probably won't get an official answer from Sideshow other than something like, "We can neither confirm nor deny..."

But I think the trend in the 1:1 line is to do unmasked aliens rather than helmeted characters or humans.

Actually I believe they did deny that they'd do any helmeted characters 1:1 as it conflicts with other companies' licenses.

I asked about helmeted characters at CIV and said since MR is on the way out will you guys start doing some helmeted busts. The answer I got was kinda like Tom said it would be, It something we have been looking into.

The MR helmet is pretty damn good, and you could actually wear it. I'd rather sideshow go with full on Helmets to pick up where MR left off than just making 1:1 busts

But the 1:1 busts are pretty amazing though. I got the Yoda 1:1 last week (even with some reservations based on some pics) and it's absolutely beautiful. I definately plan on buying more...

As far as helmeted characters as busts, I think it would be a great thing to see. The MR helmets are really nice but at least with the busts it would give people that collect both something a little different in their collection!

Yes,

This would be a must have! :) Helmets are kind of boring IMO but add the armor and chest lights it would be a great display.

I know a Vader bust would be an instant sell out. There are a LOT of collectors over at RPF who spend thousands on Vader displays.

PLEASE make it accurate is all I ask! :)

Fett, Vader, Stormtrooper....all would sell very well and would look amazing.

Fingers crossed it happens!

Even at $999, it would sell fast.

Last edited:
Gruson said:
Yes,

This would be a must have! :) Helmets are kind of boring IMO but add the armor and chest lights it would be a great display.

I know a Vader bust would be an instant sell out. There are a LOT of collectors over at RPF who spend thousands on Vader displays.

PLEASE make it accurate is all I ask! :)

Fett, Vader, Stormtrooper....all would sell very well and would look amazing.

Fingers crossed it happens!

Even at $999, it would sell fast.

Gruson, So glad you like my lightup chest idea!!!!!! I can only hope that Sideshow will make this come true! They are the best, I know they will.;)

Yup,

Something similar to this would work for me. ESB style:

excel1ll7.jpg

I'd LOVE to have a 1:1 Vader bust from SSC. But the MR Helmets are poking my eyes out ever since I found out about them also. I want them. All of them! But I never took the step, because for one, I came in a bit late on the game, some helmets where already sold out i think, and two, they are to pricy.
I've been thinking of ways to get the MR helmet collection anyway, like offering trading some of my SSC/Weta figures, but I don't know... I think it would be hard to find someone willing to trade.

Yup.

I don't want a "legendary bust" of Vader either. 1:1 please!

;)

my lcs has a life size vader bust with a removeable helmet and all. its real nice. i cant remember what the $ was but i think 1500 .

chavez553 said:
What Darth vader is that?It looks like the real thing.

Custom full size Vader from a member over at RPF.

I think he spent close to $5k on it.

Gruson said:
Custom full size Vader from a member over at RPF.

I think he spent close to $5k on it.

What's RPF ?
I don't know that forum ...

Back