Sideshow: The Clint Eastwood Legacy Collection (1:6 figures)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Vintage Redman with height correction:

IMG_1085.JPG
IMG_1087.JPG
IMG_1088.JPG
IMG_1089.JPG

All of these figures are extremely short and Tuco is actually taller than Blondie and Angel Eyes. You can add ankle extenders, but Angel Eyes will end up looking like his boots here cut in half as the boot height becomes diminished. Something to consider.

View attachment 663036
Nice, crisp photo, but man the PT figures really make the Sideshow one look almost too tall, even though I know it's the PT figures that are out of scale.

I just don't get the appeal of the Redman/Present Toys figures. They look like TGTBTU figures made by Dragon over 10 years ago. Blondie looks like Eastwood's stuntman more than himself. Sideshow's Blondie isn't perfect but, it looks more like Eastwood than the the Present Toys version.

I just don't get the appeal of the Redman/Present Toys figures. They look like TGTBTU figures made by Dragon over 10 years ago. Blondie looks like Eastwood's stuntman more than himself. Sideshow's Blondie isn't perfect but, it looks more like Eastwood than the the Present Toys version.
Eye of the beholder for sure. I’m the exact opposite when it comes to SS’s take on Eastwood. I’m glad we have choices though cuz it’s gonna be fun to mix and match a bit on this.

Eye of the beholder for sure. I’m the exact opposite when it comes to SS’s take on Eastwood. I’m glad we have choices though cuz it’s gonna be fun to mix and match a bit on this.
It has potential but the eyes and lips need to be fixed. I did that here to Asta's image above (I hope he doesn't mind). Doing this mod made me appreciate the sculpt more than before, I still love Sideshow's Blondie. I only have MS Paint so please excuse the rough edit:
Redman Blondie Image Mod.jpg

Last edited:
I think the paint is heavy handed compared to the original sculpt. This is a 3rd party mass produced figure and it shows. There is a subtleness to the original paint. The beard isn't as dark and heavy. Take Tuco, the raw sculpt captures more of Wallach than the painted version; that includes the original. With a good paint these will shine, but it'll take some talent.
The bodies are all kinds of wrong especially when it comes to height. Asta did a great job in attending to that issue. Tuco and Angel Eyes have the better tailored outfits, with Blondie suffering the worst of it. It's glaring when compared to the SS version. He's very frumpy.

Sideshow Josey Wales figure, I hope they include the Colt 1860 revolver, it is an essential piece to do the figure justice. We all know the devil is in the detail.
If it’s not on their site as an included accessory, it won’t be in the package.

Of course my friend, however it may not be too late, I have requested Sideshow include the revolver, although the reality of such is doubtful. Nothing ventured nothing gained or as Josey Wales might say" I reckon so"

I think the paint is heavy handed compared to the original sculpt. This is a 3rd party mass produced figure and it shows. There is a subtleness to the original paint. The beard isn't as dark and heavy. Take Tuco, the raw sculpt captures more of Wallach than the painted version; that includes the original. With a good paint these will shine, but it'll take some talent.
The bodies are all kinds of wrong especially when it comes to height. Asta did a great job in attending to that issue. Tuco and Angel Eyes have the better tailored outfits, with Blondie suffering the worst of it. It's glaring when compared to the SS version. He's very frumpy.
I think it's also the sculpt, at least of the Redman or Present Toys. The lips are too defined and the eye sculpt is a little off. It's also a bit to sharp and deep with the wrinkles making him look far older than he should.

Well, got my PT version in and quite like it. I will be looking into body swap options as he does come across noticeably shorter and stockier than he should (seems to be a Present Toys quirk in general). To their credit, Sideshow nailed the proportions and fit on their figure. If anyone has suggestions for a body option they think would get it closer to Eastwood’s lankier look, please let me know! Other than that, there’s the wrong color of the gun belt/holster, the poncho tassels are way too long, and the poncho color and drape look more accurate on the Sideshow figure.

Some quick pics right out of the box for those curious:
BAACC0A0-E98E-4598-B2CB-3526215FEAF4.jpeg

08C906A4-2F02-48FA-821F-B747A03BDFB4.jpeg

EADB9684-07FE-4241-BE23-4A291237D136.jpeg

24FD8B17-55DE-44E9-BDD0-FA682A260BC9.jpeg

6E6A86E6-303B-4FD6-9994-91C2170A3A5D.jpeg

159D9D48-A56F-400A-88C5-A2CB90314A33.jpeg

Last edited:
Got my Present Toys today. Yeah, he needs a little work. Body is a bit squat. Gun belt is all kinds of wrong. Tassels need trimming for sure.

I like the sculpts and the shirt lines are nice and tight and thin. Hat looks and sits better in hand. Vest isn’t bad and has some decent weathering.

IMG_2118.jpeg

Back