Sideshow: The Clint Eastwood Legacy Collection (1:6 figures)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The nice thing is, if you have the extra hatless sculpt of Clint from Iminime, this would be a great option to add that sculpt to.

That was Eastwood’s catchphrase in Magnum Force, the 2nd Dirty Harry movie, just like “Do you feel lucky, punk?!” …and “Go ahead, make my day!” It went like “A man’s got to know his limitations.”
You're half right. Hal Holbrook (Lt. Briggs) said it to Harry earlier in the movie as an admonishment to Harry. Harry said it as a Eff You to his blown up body.

The Man With No Name trilogy is among my favorites and I think the SSC figure looks great. I'm really tempted, but as much as I like a character or how good the final product is, I always end up selling my 1/6 figures. If this was a 1/4 statue, I'd already have it on order.

Premium formats are coming at the 1/4 scale!

You're half right. Hal Holbrook (Lt. Briggs) said it to Harry earlier in the movie as an admonishment to Harry. Harry said it as a Eff You to his blown up body.
From Magnum Force,

Harry Callahan: Well, I just work for the city, Briggs!
Lieutenant Briggs: So do I, longer than you, and I never had to take my gun out of its holster once. I'm proud of that.
Harry Callahan: Well, you're a good man, lieutenant. A good man always knows his limitations...

From Magnum Force,

Lieutenant Briggs: So do I, longer than you, and I never had to take my gun out of its holster once. I'm proud of that.
Harry Callahan: Well, you're a good man, lieutenant. A good man always knows his limitations...
Thanks for posting that. I can’t believe my original post would take a life on its own, lol. What I originally said was “a collector should always know his limitations” or something like that, a play of words on our dilemma of yet another new line that we want, but can’t afford nor have anymore room to get!

…and I was not just half right! Briggs didn’t ever say that line!

Thanks for posting that. I can’t believe my original post would take a life on its own, lol. What I originally said was “a collector should always know his limitations” or something like that, a play of words on our dilemma of yet another new line that we want, but can’t afford nor have anymore room to get!

…and I was not just half right! Briggs didn’t ever say that line!
I may be experiencing a Mandela Effect here, but I recall Briggs saying it to Harry first in the movie. I'm going to watch it this weekend and see if I'm misremembering. I watched the clips, and you may be right, but I'm going to check or I'll go crazy. It was all just meant to be a trivia question, but it doesn't work if I'm wrong! lol

I think that the sideshow Clint looks great. It'll be a pre-order for me....I still have faith! 😉

Okay, so my apologies. I had a Mandela Effect experience. I misremembered the dialog. I was sure that Briggs said it to Harry first in the film. Watched it Saturday and I was wrong. Funny thing memory....

Okay, so my apologies. I had a Mandela Effect experience. I misremembered the dialog. I was sure that Briggs said it to Harry first in the film. Watched it Saturday and I was wrong. Funny thing memory....
It’s all good, bro, happens to all of us 👍

From Magnum Force,

Harry had to deal with some real *Holes of superiors didn't he. I remember in The Enforcer he offered his boss his badge and then told him to stick in his Ass. :lol

Having him on your shelf without Tuco or Angel is like having…

Han without Luke and Leia

EG IM without Eg Cap and EG Thor

Moe without Larry and Curly

Ripley without Hicks and Newt

T-800 without Sarah and John

Fett without Vespa girl and Vespa monocle guy.

It’s a crime it’s a fail it’s a damn shame!
People
People need to realize this figure is expensive because it's double-dipping on license fees, the movie rights, plus Eastwood's likeness. There's probably at least 30% markup for both, compared to 15-20% for other movie licenses.

Sideshow's recent stuff has been very good. Gambit turned out great. Lando looks good, the sculpt is off, but there's no problems with the paint. Their recent figures have shown minimal drop-off from proto to production. Too many folks here are basing them off their work from years ago. They just don't have any human faces in their recent work to compare to.

Is it just the headsculpt you prefer?

The tailoring looks much better on the SSC, their vest closes, the collar is properly scaled, the holster hangs with weight. Plus the body proportions are more accurate, as an added bonus, SSC has been going the extra mile lately and including nicely-painted, character-specific hands , not the shiny, generic KO hands that come with the iminime. Chalk that up to iminime using a generic body, while the SSC version captures Clint's lanky physique.

I'm not sure if the iminime is tailored incorrectly, or you put the belt on wrong, but the iminime gunbelt is backwards.

Overall, the SSC figure looks better.
This picture puts into perspective just how good the Sideshow figure actually is! Looks way better than this one.

I agree with the Sideshow proto looking better than anything else that has been shown so far on this thread.

I agree that with Sideshow, it is better to wait for the final product reviews. But some people just like to crap on anything they do.

$275 lol

https://www.sideshow.com/collectibles/clint-eastwood-harry-callahan-sideshow collectibles-100452
HmpsozI.png

fyv7QmP.jpg

Back