Sideshow: The Clint Eastwood Legacy Collection (1:6 figures)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Didn't realize they had sculpted his teeth so crooked.

I took a look back at Asta's shots and it's pretty evident that they just used plain plastic inserts that are sloppily painted. It's a half measure. It's in line with their eyelash work (a squiggly line).

The current mini-denture trend seems to be actual resin that's enamel colored as a base, and the soft tissues that are visible are painted to it. That's what makes some of the new stuff like Gobbie and that one Flash sculpt so realistic. LIM and Eleven got really good at this with their sculpts too. Unsurprisingly, that's how it is with 1:1 tooth treatment too.

It also helps that the big ones (notably HT) have clearly put a lot of effort into sculpting their teeth. They're impressively accurate now within scale limitations. Much like eyes, once you see HT's everything else looks cheap in comparison.

BUT credit where credit is due. Clint, at the time (he's since gotten it fixed), had some unique characterization to the edges of his front teeth, which this sculpt DOES make an effort to capture. It just ignores a ton of other anatomy.

But the problem with the sculpt is that it's attempting to capture discluded back teeth. Jonsey postures end to end in that reference shot, with mild right deviation, which for most will open up back teeth (as it does on Clint, almost characteristically). Sideshow took the easy way and tried to capture that with paint rather than sculpt, which gives him the wiggly bite the figure has. The real way to pull this off would have been to have separate top and bottom tooth inserts.

All that to be said, I'm looking at the tree and ignoring the forest. Figure looks good. But SS should do better for what they charge.

Heard the other Dirty Harry figure in the end scene with Scorpin with the brown suit is out. Does anyone have that figure in hand?

I took a look back at Asta's shots and it's pretty evident that they just used plain plastic inserts that are sloppily painted. It's a half measure. It's in line with their eyelash work (a squiggly line).

The current mini-denture trend seems to be actual resin that's enamel colored as a base, and the soft tissues that are visible are painted to it. That's what makes some of the new stuff like Gobbie and that one Flash sculpt so realistic. LIM and Eleven got really good at this with their sculpts too. Unsurprisingly, that's how it is with 1:1 tooth treatment too.

It also helps that the big ones (notably HT) have clearly put a lot of effort into sculpting their teeth. They're impressively accurate now within scale limitations. Much like eyes, once you see HT's everything else looks cheap in comparison.

BUT credit where credit is due. Clint, at the time (he's since gotten it fixed), had some unique characterization to the edges of his front teeth, which this sculpt DOES make an effort to capture. It just ignores a ton of other anatomy.

But the problem with the sculpt is that it's attempting to capture discluded back teeth. Jonsey postures end to end in that reference shot, with mild right deviation, which for most will open up back teeth (as it does on Clint, almost characteristically). Sideshow took the easy way and tried to capture that with paint rather than sculpt, which gives him the wiggly bite the figure has. The real way to pull this off would have been to have separate top and bottom tooth inserts.

All that to be said, I'm looking at the tree and ignoring the forest. Figure looks good. But SS should do better for what they charge.
Interesting, I need to find a Dentist in a forest.
Seriously but only for a moment, it is right they we should take time to look at the forest and not just the tree. The same applies to the 1860 revolver but it is still out of scale. The more you look the more you see.

Last edited:
Heard the other Dirty Harry figure in the end scene with Scorpin with the brown suit is out. Does anyone have that figure in hand?
Figure looks good on display. Suit is ok but not as fitted as it should be. Sculpt looks good with the Raybans on.

Attachments

• IMG_0702.jpeg
    IMG_0702.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0695.jpeg
    5.2 MB · Views: 0
Just maybe if you place Dirty Harry in the shower room after a shower the moisture may just help the suit lose some of the wrinkles, it worked for my uniform.

Just maybe if you place Dirty Harry in the shower room after a shower the moisture may just help the suit lose some of the wrinkles, it worked for my uniform.
I don’t mind the wrinkles, he was in a bit of a state by the last scene with Scorpio. It more that it’s a bit bulky and not as fitted as it could be. This is often a problem when a waistcoat is involved and he has the bulky .44 holster as well.
Yeah, he's a bit wrinkled.
That's an odd looking stand. Maybe it's the flash. Shiny.
The stand is a custom I had from another figure, he comes with the standard black plain Sideshow one.

I don’t mind the wrinkles, he was in a bit of a state by the last scene with Scorpio. It more that it’s a bit bulky and not as fitted as it could be. This is often a problem when a waistcoat is involved and he has the bulky .44 holster as well.

The stand is a custom I had from another figure, he comes with the standard black plain Sideshow one.
Thickness of material is still difficult and this an example. 1.6 figures have come along way and have a way to go yet.

Well the shirt looks horrible and the fitting of the sleeves and shoulder of jacket does not look good.

Sadly other mass produced these days look much better. We are not talking about a custom suit fitting but this new Dirty Harry suit is only slightly better than even Redman

Thickness of material is still difficult and this an example. 1.6 figures have come along way and have a way to go yet.
It’s all about the price point as well. If a top end custom maker made this suit it would look more like a full scale bespoke suit but would also cost there times what the entire figure cost.

Well the shirt looks horrible and the fitting of the sleeves and shoulder of jacket does not look good.

Sadly other mass produced these days look much better. We are not talking about a custom suit fitting but this new Dirty Harry suit is only slightly better than even Redman
Also my phone pics don’t help, it looks a lot better in hand but is way off what is available these days. The shirt and tie are actually ok, it’s the jacket that is the let down.

Back