Premium Format Sideshow Thanos on Throne

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think even if people buy recasts it really has no value without the edition size on the base and the artwork has the exclusive on the box. The main problem would be people buying the exclusive head not knowing which one is the real one.

People on Facebook groups have been paying $500 for the head? What if it’s a recast and they don’t know?

Recasting is just plain wrong. Anyone supporting it shouldn’t be in this hobby period. It’s annoying to see. I don’t have the exclusive piece but I would never go out and buy a recast head just because.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This says it most well. I really hope those people who bought the head on fb didn't get a ko... Who would sell the perfect undamaged ex head anyways on the real statue.

Plot twist, what if SS doesn't care about the recasts as the recasts and custom heads likely helped them sell through the rest of the ToT statues. [emoji33]

That's actually a good point lol. Further twist. What if Sideshow IS the recaster? Now they've got a nice extra side business. Sell a regular for $1200 + the EX head separately. They make even more money than just selling a complete EX statue. I mean the recast is identical in every way to the original (same materials, same molds, same factories).

That's actually a good point lol. Further twist. What if Sideshow IS the recaster? Now they've got a nice extra side business. Sell a regular for $1200 + the EX head separately. They make even more money than just selling a complete EX statue. I mean the recast is identical in every way to the original (same materials, same molds, same factories).

I didn't say it. But I definitely was thinking it. #totconspiracy

I would hate to believe this but it wouldn't surprise me even though I don't want to believe this. Its all about the money these days. But honestly I would say ss wouldn't do this. They don't need to with so much money coming in at these new higher prices to offset all problems which is already included in the prices I'm sure as a business.
Anyone buying a perfect head on fb better be careful going forward. There's really no way to tell the difference and I'm sure there will be many new accounts selling these fakes.

Last edited:
Plot twist, what if SS doesn't care about the recasts as the recasts and custom heads likely helped them sell through the rest of the ToT statues. [emoji33]

No chance in hell. They would be torn to ribbons by the community. Now I am not saying that some one from the factory isn’t doing it, like the XM recasts, but it isn’t SSC. Also trust me when I say that head would be easy to copy with a guy who has a half ass understanding of Casting.

Last edited:
No chance in hell. They would be it to ribbons by the community. Now I am not saying that some one from the factory isn’t doing it, like the XM recasts, but it isn’t SSC. Also trust me when I say that head would be easy to copy with a guy who has a half ass understanding of Casting.

I didn't directly claim SS was producing the heads. Just that they are likely not very motivated to stop recasts.

Your right as unfortunately defects will always be in the eye of the beholder.

Out of the 70 or so statues that I've purchased that are between $500 to $3000 AUD, there are probably less than 10 of those of which I will say are perfect (without even the smallest of any paint problems).

Even the guy that handles my accounts over at Popcultcha jokes that I go over my pieces with a fine tooth comb and a magnifying glass. But I've only returned a few due to actual breakages and have received a few replacement parts here and there. Even now I could go through my collection and point out relatively small paint, glue, fitting or lean defects on a large portion of them unfortunately.

As I originally started with Hot Toys prior to me collecting statues, I had to substantially decrease my quality expectations as imo the 1/6 scale figures come nearly perfect in box whereas because statues are hand painted they will never be as crisp with the paint app. If I didn't allow for small problems I probably would have the same return rate as Jimbob29.

Good Post!

I didn't think the regular would sell out this quick. I guess Infinity War really helped push this statue. I completely missed it as I was intending to buy one in June. I got lucky and picked one up from a local comic shop this weekend. They wanted $1450 for a collector's edition, but I brought in 29 Pops and did a straight trade lol.

I'm loving the Statue. The gauntlet doesn't have any light bleed, no paint flaws or chips, the lines are all perfect and no over spray that I can see. I have it on a motorized lazy susan on a table in the corner of the room. This has to be statue of the year.

I didn't think the regular would sell out this quick. I guess Infinity War really helped push this statue. I completely missed it as I was intending to buy one in June. I got lucky and picked one up from a local comic shop this weekend. They wanted $1450 for a collector's edition, but I brought in 29 Pops and did a straight trade lol.

I'm loving the Statue. The gauntlet doesn't have any light bleed, no paint flaws or chips, the lines are all perfect and no over spray that I can see. I have it on a motorized lazy susan on a table in the corner of the room. This has to be statue of the year.

Pics?

Here you go

Attachments

• 20180528_201245.jpg
    20180528_201245.jpg
    359.9 KB · Views: 122
  • 20180528_201253.jpg
    20180528_201253.jpg
    326.1 KB · Views: 117
  • 20180528_201230.jpg
    20180528_201230.jpg
    316.8 KB · Views: 119
I take back what I said about defects. The feet do not sit flush on the base, hell they don't even touch the base. I reseated Thanos a few times this morning and got it a little better. I'm just going to have to live it with it looks like.

I take back what I said about defects. The feet do not sit flush on the base, hell they don't even touch the base. I reseated Thanos a few times this morning and got it a little better. I'm just going to have to live it with it looks like.

I think they all don’t sit flush

None of mine sat flush. They were externally close but didn't touch. Very very small gap.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Mine also doesn’t sit flush neither. Not a big deal though can live with that

Back