Premium Format Sideshow Thanos on Throne

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It does unfortunately seem like especially this leg is a weakness. Hopefully that’s one of the things they improve now with the delay on next batches. This can’t be cheap for SSC either with all these problems, and especially with how many full bodies they seem to have to replace.

Yeah I know, I don't mean it to be an attack on them because we can't really KNOW that the fault begins and ends with them.

The leg appears to be sensitive for sure, but the box could have been mishandled by UPS too.

I just know if I see that when I open my box, it's gonna hurt lol. Guess I'm prepared now.

Offering credit for the broken leg is hilarious.
Ha, I know.

"Look you now have a very rare broken-legged Thanos, but we'll still give you $120 credit for it. Think of how great it will look next to our Hulk Premium Format Figure as an action scene! You're welcome."

So I don't have a ton of pre-order history with Sideshow. When I get an email saying that the payment is processing on Feb 2, does it tend to ship within a few days of that?

So I don't have a ton of pre-order history with Sideshow. When I get an email saying that the payment is processing on Feb 2, does it tend to ship within a few days of that?

Usually the same day it ships. Sometimes one or two days later.

This was “supposed” to be THE statue that ships and arrives with less issues. (FOR THAT PRICE). Even if I decide to get the reg now i would be so damn paranoid. The hassle to send this back from where i am from is just not worth it. Oh well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sideshow usual ******** email response. For a broken statue you should get all your damn money back not $120 what the hell can you do with $120 buy glue ? The other option is to wait till obviously March for the replacement part.

I would be fuming at that ridiculous email

This is what happens when you make over 4000 pieces at this magnitude, QC has to come up short somewhere and it's a damn shame. I don't know if this is greediness or too much ambition on their part, but I really wish they didn't make so many. 350 EX and maybe 1500 to 1750 Regs would've been nice especially at this price. I feel bad for those individuals receiving broken statues and having to wait months to get new ones, sorry guys!

This is what happens when you make over 4000 pieces at this magnitude, QC has to come up short somewhere and it's a damn shame. I don't know if this is greediness on their part, but I really wish they didn't make so many. 350 EX and maybe 1500 to 1750 Regs would've been nice especially at this price. I feel bad for those individuals receiving broken statues and having to wait months to get new ones, sorry guys!

Excellent point. But I don’t believe the batch amount matters. You have to also factor in how it’s packaged the cast could also be an issue.

Excellent point. But I don’t believe the batch amount matters. You have to also factor in how it’s packaged the cast could also be an issue.

Good point as well. I do think the amount you make starts to factor into the missing of details which affects packaging alongside everything else. The more you make, the more chances of missing things. Just my opinion.

Good point as well.

Some people in the factories could be handling it rough and the cheap packaging I’m sure doesn’t help. Rushing to get these out the door all sorts of factors we don’t see. But seeing the way that leg is cast so thin is a bit alarming. Considering how much it costs us collectors. I feel very sad for all who have received issues should not happen at this price point

Some people in the factories could be handling it rough and the cheap packaging I’m sure doesn’t help. Rushing to get these out the door all sorts of factors we don’t see. But seeing the way that leg is cast so thin is a bit alarming. Considering how much it costs us collectors. I feel very sad for all who have received issues should not happen at this price point

I'm with ya!!!

I don’t know how many have had leg breaks like myself due to the thin casting but it’s a big problem. I imagine there will be some upset owners in the future who have cracking or breaking due to the thin material. For such a large statue the material needs to be thicker otherwise it’ll snap at the weak points. With the material being so thin it’s almost impossible to even try to fix. This will end up being a costly lesson for SS.

The question is, what % of the run has this rotocasting problem? We have no way of knowing, but it seems that those pieces that have the problem are not going to survive shipping.

Back