Premium Format Sideshow Thanos on Throne

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's the thing though. There hasn't been one EX sold on eBay at auction. So, we really have no true way of knowing what's a fair aftermarket value on the EX. There has been nothing but speculation ranging from $2000 to a ridiculous $4000+. I'm not buying that collectors would drop an extra $800 for a switch out portrait with the REG still readily available. The EX will sell above retail, but how much remains to be seen.

:goodpost:

Plus, SS may overestimate the demand for this statue based off EX pre-orders and announce a ridiculously high edition size for the regular.

You're right, we don't know yet, but in my mind, all signs point to this piece rising in value. At a bare minimum, I would think the EX will sell for the cost of a collector's edition plus the cost of a custom portrait. So why surrender an EX preorder and give up that free $$?

I'm sure a good portion of pre-orders are already going straight to eBay. Most collectors will probably be buying this from eBay sellers, not from SS.

It is interesting to see the different behavior of people based on circumstances that have occurred. I have been following this thread since the beginning and there has been so many flip flops from people. Everything has been debated ES, price, selling potential, sculpt, etc. however when it sold it things truly got interesting. People started fabricating scenarios, other people were clearly lashing out because they missed out, others were all high and mighty because they got one. Of course there were some pleasantries and good talk back and forth as well. :offtopic: I know just wanted to say it out loud.

IMG_4401.JPG
Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're right, we don't know yet, but in my mind, all signs point to this piece rising in value. At a bare minimum, I would think the EX will sell for the cost of a collector's edition plus the cost of a custom portrait. So why surrender an EX preorder and give up that free $$?

Definitely. If the EX starts out selling for $1400 to $1500 in the aftermarket, I agree with you. Buying an EX makes perfect sense then.

Definitely. If the EX starts out selling for $1400 to $1500 in the aftermarket, I agree with you. Buying an EX makes perfect sense then.
I doubt anyone will sell the EX for 1.4k-1.5k due to the ~10% ebay fees but if it's an auction instead of BIN...Hmm...I wonder how much one collector is willing to pay 🤔

I hope the REG has an ES of 1.5k-2k factoring the complexity of this piece.

I doubt anyone will sell the EX for 1.4k-1.5k due to the ~10% ebay fees but if it's an auction instead of BIN...Hmm...I wonder how much one collector is willing to pay ��

I hope the REG has an ES of 1.5k-2k factoring the complexity of this piece.

Ebay will always cost you more because of all the fees. However, there will be some members here and on other forums that may put the EX up for sale at a reasonable price. Especially if the EX is selling for less than $2000 on ebay.

I can't imagine it selling for over 2k at least not until we see an edition size for regular and how well that sells, in the end both reg and ex would have to jump in value to see the price increase to larger amounts. No one is going to pay $800 for an extra head no matter how great it is especially since the regular head is great too

I can't imagine it selling for over 2k at least not until we see an edition size for regular and how well that sells, in the end both reg and ex would have to jump in value to see the price increase to larger amounts. No one is going to pay $800 for an extra head no matter how great it is especially since the regular head is great too

You'd be surprised. I already know of someone who has now paid over that amount for an EX already.

No one is going to pay $800 for an extra head no matter how great it is especially since the regular head is great too

There might be some purists out there that would pay for the original Sideshow head ....and that 750 edition size listed at the bottom of the base.

But I think you're all asking the wrong questions. The question you should be asking yourselves is, what if the standard...or, as we're calling it now, the Collector's edition....has a lower edition size than the EX? Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? :nana:
WxVke.gif

The EX will sell for way more simply because that head sculpt of him grinning is how Thanos should be displayed but also because of the helmet which is from an older design. So what you get is a grinning smile with teeth and blue eyes that look like they have galaxies in them. People will pay a premium for that. Edition size is also a factor. If someone offered me the exclusive I would gladly take it. But I'm also fine with the regular as I'm not in it to sell it for profit. But do understand how better one would feel knowing they bought something that will actually go up in profit rather than the opposite

I disagree. Once you have the statue in hand you have paid $100 of shipping plus potential taxes. So your cost is $1400. You now need to sell it at least for $1400 just to recover your cost. Not to mention PayPal and potentially eBay fees. Not an easy statue to flip.

There might be some purists out there that would pay for the original Sideshow head ....and that 750 edition size listed at the bottom of the base.

But I think you're all asking the wrong questions. The question you should be asking yourselves is, what if the standard...or, as we're calling it now, the Collector's edition....has a lower edition size than the EX? Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? :nana:
WxVke.gif

LOLOL This made me laugh. :goodpost:

no one will lost a penny if they want to sell the exclusive. that is guaranteed. You will likely make some $ on top as well, but thoughts of doubling or tripling your investment are nonsense.

no one will lost a penny if they want to sell the exclusive. that is guaranteed. You will likely make some $ on top as well, but thoughts of doubling or tripling your investment are nonsense.

Doubling, tripling. So many new statues keep popping up. Only those with so much cash to burn will spend that amount IMO

I wouldn't. If the money was there maybe so. But to buy something more than retail that is not even a month old is a bit much.

You'd be surprised. I already know of someone who has now paid over that amount for an EX already.

There will always be a few impatient buyers who'll overpay for a statue. That's not the norm. Until the EXs go up for auction on the bay, flipper are just throwing shyte on a wall to see what sticks. They make their money on collectors who panic and overpay.

The EX will sell for way more simply because that head sculpt of him grinning is how Thanos should be displayed but also because of the helmet which is from an older design. So what you get is a grinning smile with teeth and blue eyes that look like they have galaxies in them. People will pay a premium for that. Edition size is also a factor. If someone offered me the exclusive I would gladly take it. But I'm also fine with the regular as I'm not in it to sell it for profit. But do understand how better one would feel knowing they bought something that will actually go up in profit rather than the opposite

See, this is my problem with the ridiculous aftermarket prices people seem to be determined to give this Thanos MAQ. Will the EX be more than the REG in the aftermarket? Of course. Will it be $800 or more than the REG upon release. I doubt it. Here's the point most people around here are missing. Let's look at the early SSC grails. Start with Cap. The EX is a few hundred more than the REG. However, a REG will set you back about a G. Same with Gambit, Thor, and a few more of the older desirable PFs. This even applies to what many consider SSC's top grail. The OG Doom PF. The EX is worth more than the REG. However, a REG will set you back thousands of dollars. My point is simple. A grail is a statue where both the EX and the REG will set you back some serious coin. In all cases, the REG and the EX are both expensive and sought after. Name me any Ex SSC Marvel statue that sells for serious coin where the REG is still at or near retail. Can anyone think of one?

Now, I'm supposed to believe that Thanos' EX COH sets a new bar and is worth a minimal of $800 more in the aftermarket than the REG (in some cases $1800 more according to members on the forums), and the REG isn't sold out or even have an ES yet? Not to mention it's readily available at retail from numerous sources. There's only 2 sets of people who can believe this theory. Collectors who have the EX POd and flippers who want to sell you an EX Thanos MAQ for $2000 to $4000 right now. The hype train doesn't go fast enough for them. They want to turn it into a bullet train. Sorry, I'm not buying it. If the EX Thanos MAQ is selling North of $2000, then you can be sure the REG is sold out as well and selling for only a couple of hundred dollars less than the EX.

There's always someone willing to overpay for an EX. There'll always be some clueless collector who sooner or later hits the ridiculous BIN price for a statue on ebay because they can't wait or they fall for the hype. A smart collector is patient and waits for an auction or someone who's not trying to rape them on the forums. So, to all of you that want to drop $2000 or more for this EX now...go for it. It's your money.

Back