Premium Format Sideshow Thanos on Throne

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Funny, I was thinking of getting somethign similar but I was looking into the electric ones so you can just turn it on and let it rotate. Still thinking about it. Anyone have suggestions on where to look for pedestal. Everytime I search I always come up with these old looking bs. Looking for some modern style or simple style.

If you find one please let me know. I was looking for motorized or a pedestal as yourself

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice pics from GaryTonge on SF

TsKwZNZ.jpg

Man, it photographs so well.

It sounds weird, but I love how the suit is sculpted, but it looks like actual clothing material.

Yep.

In my mind digital sculpting is the only way to go.

Potentially almost any detail can be expressed when done digitally.

I take it this was digitally sculpted then? Dumb question, since that's basically what you're saying. :lol

XM does digital only, no? (I know this is Sideshow's piece, but just a random question.)

I take it this was digitally sculpted then? Dumb question, since that's basically what you're saying. :lol

XM does digital only, no? (I know this is Sideshow's piece, but just a random question.)

Most pieces are digital now. You might get some hand sculpting on heads but I would think its just far more efficient to do them digitally.

I believe there was a video posted on how this was created on YouTube.

And Will Harbottle I believe is primarily a digital sculptor.

And usually if there are a lot of textures that simulate fabrics etc, that usually indicates it was done digitally.

If you find one please let me know. I was looking for motorized or a pedestal as yourself

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I found a company here in Australia that makes customised Turntables. Ive got one coming for my Thanos. Will cost you more but will do the job well.

Look also at the weight capacity and a heavy duty motor if you want to have him continuously turning over long periods.

Most pieces are digital now. You might get some hand sculpting on heads but I would think its just far more efficient to do them digitally.

I believe there was a video posted on how this was created on YouTube.

And Will Harbottle I believe is primarily a digital sculptor.

And usually if there are a lot of textures that simulate fabrics etc, that usually indicates it was done digitally.

Appreciate the info, guys. :rock

It's so impressive what can be done nowadays and how far this hobby has come in recent years.

UPS just came dropped off a few goodies. Now I'm waiting on my pizzas before I relax and enjoy my night.:)

Attachments

• 20180116_183101.jpg
    20180116_183101.jpg
    861 KB · Views: 143
I found a company here in Australia that makes customised Turntables. Ive got one coming for my Thanos. Will cost you more but will do the job well.

Look also at the weight capacity and a heavy duty motor if you want to have him continuously turning over long periods.

What's that company called and what state are they in?

Might be best Marvel statue of the year

Obviously, I don't have it in hand, but the 2099 is stunning in person. It really is. Obviously, Thanos' size is in a league of it's own, but Spidey is nothing to shake a stick at - especially for the price.

Might be best Marvel statue of the year

Duuude ...no joke! I've been blown away since Saturday!

It might be too early to tell and there'd be a lot of releases in the next 11 months but we're definitely going to see this guy as a contender for 2018 SOTY. Probably would win or at least be within the Top 3 of Best Large category.

Back