Premium Format Sideshow Thanos on Throne

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still happy I bought regular edition sheesh I'm not even worried about the regular going up in value cause it will but I will display mine so no sales here

Well they finally announced the es so at least people won't complain about anything...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you can afford buy for enjoying and not selling for a great profit, I'm still keeping my po on the regular in my comic store, and keeping the ex sealed while the regular is displayed

Yea, I buy my statues for how they appeal to me ...not because of the ES. The ES on the Collection Edition is not going to change my mind about the EX.

Edition size no big deal. The main problem is quality control. That being said if they nail it then I'm totally happy with the regular.

Question. Why is that? Why less?so not a bad idea to just wait?

Think of what is happening in the community right now:

There are statues that:

1. are of far more popular characters
2. have a much cheaper msrp
3. and have high edition sizes

that sell for much less than retail in the aftermarket. What chance in hell does this have (the regular) of holding its value of $1200 (!!!) after it is released?

There are statues that:

that sell for much less than retail in the aftermarket. What chance in hell does this have (the regular) of holding its value of $1200 (!!!) after it is released?

I think you also have to figure in the speed at which the EX sold out. The pieces you mentioned above, now selling at below retail, did any of them have an EX that sold out so quickly?

There are statues that:

Interesting. Im not in the reselling game. But I would be pissed if i jump on this now, pay 1200 + shipping and then few months after its released i can get it for 900? Ok ill wait lol

I wasn't going to order this but yes, I'd be worried to get the Regular/Collector Edition with an ES that high.

wait for 10-15% discount codes when this comes in stock. I think this might actually drive the value of the Ex up by releasing such a high ES. So, my question to SS is, why make the Ex so small and have the reg so large? I assumed making the Ex a small ES would be to prevent stock sitting around for a long time, but I guess not.

I think you also have to figure in the speed at which the EX sold out. The pieces you mentioned above, now selling at below retail, did any of them have an EX that sold out so quickly?

That doesn't mean anything to someone who's buying a REG. With an ES of of 3500, this will be around for awhile and can be had for cheaper in the aftermarket.

Back