Sideshow Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Statues

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just arrived... Love this statue!
c3e2c91f296593984d7286c7889a7a87.jpg

Anyone having trouble getting knee into peg... I found holding the body and bringing the base down onto it the easiest way. AWESOME piece though! I'm going red bandanna with all of them!!

Leonardo Leads...

FrZR0Mn.jpg

RZNx776.jpg

LVT0yfL.jpg

zgwggT8.jpg

k73PHqX.jpg

iXIUvMa.jpg

sOoQlQ9.jpg

u9OAezj.jpg

d3A2Rsv.jpg

cMzCOvh.jpg

I don't even have the words to describe how much I love this statue. Sure, he's small, but he's not underscaled at all. These Turtles are without a doubt 1/5 scale, so don't worry about being misled because they're the right size. The two heads on this guy are both perfect for what they represent. The red bandana and snarling face bring him back to the brutality and badassery of the Mirage Comics days. The blue bandana and smirking grin are reminiscent of the cartoons and movies, which are badass in their own, fun way. Leo can kick your ass in 100 different ways and he knows it, and that's exactly what both of these portraits say in their own ways. To say I'm happy with this purchase is an understatement. For $350, these Turtles are an absolute steal. My only issue with Leonardo is that I don't have two so I can display both heads at the same time. I can't decide which portrait I like more. Both are very well done and give the statue a completely new look. I'm very, very excited for the rest of this set to arrive. I can't wait to play around with display options and find the ways I can arrange them to make different scenes. The Turtles always have and always will be my favorite fictional characters. This statue makes me feel like a kid all over again and I love it. If you are a fan of TMNT, you will not regret this purchase. Thank you Sideshow for this work of art and please, whatever it takes, continue this line with villains and sidekicks.

Opened mine for inspection. The paint apps are very good, and there's a lot of detail to the sculpt. Oddly, the green skin around the eyes is visible on the red portrait but not the blue. Also, I can't get his knee to sit flush with the base, even with a lot of wiggling and pressure. It's close, but there's an obvious gap.

Awesome pics everyone. I can't wait to get mine, even if it's only the reg.

In the end, I think I prefer when the eyelids are painted blue. That's what it generally looks like in comics and animated series (be it TMNT or any masked superheroes), it kinda fits IMHO.

Parallax...SS themselves said they are not 1/5 scale but smaller. Next to the Com's it is clear they are NOT 1/5 scale. You probably own/defended the OG Green Lantern too.

Just enjoy your statue and drop the narrative. It's a great if overpriced for 1/6 statue, but what isn't overpriced these days.

T, the pricing is subjective. Obviously you can give your opinion on pricing but some may feel it's worth every penny. Others like your self feel like they were cheated because of the size.
I too feel like they are slightly smaller than 1/5th but that in no way would have kept me from ordering these even if 1/6th had been emblazoned in the SS description.

T, the pricing is subjective. Obviously you can give your opinion on pricing but some may feel it's worth every penny. Others like your self feel like they were cheated because of the size.
I too feel like they are slightly smaller than 1/5th but that in no way would have kept me from ordering these even if 1/6th had been emblazoned in the SS description.

I don't feel cheated.

I am just pointing out that SIDESHOW keeps saying these are closer to 1/6th. They are definitely SMALLER than the 1/5 Com's.

So for those that keep arguing this is not the case, they are flat out mis-representing what these are.

For 1/6th, they skew expensive. But I never said these were not worth it or that so far with what we have seen with LEO that they are not well done.

I just don't want people to get the wrong idea that they are somehow larger than they are, because some feel the need to continually argue that what SS is saying is wrong.

The Leader: Part I

This line reminds a lot of the Mythos line, fresh direction but smaller with tons of details & presence,, ironically, it has the same complains, small (true) & expensive (that's relevant, not to mention the secondary market pricing for Mythos). If you are a turtle fan & have the space & cash then it's highly recommended, the blue head is equally good (pics to follow soon). To view my other TMNT collection, please feel free to check my insatgram account: Darth_Haitham

AxcYANw.jpg

Btb8JFI.jpg

YKgNXnw.jpg

AMR8Q6x.jpg

Ry90keq.jpg

3cgEaKJ.jpg

vw2Bp6o.jpg

wFzohrX.jpg

Funny thing for me is I usually like the smaller statues. I own Obi Mythos, Koto amazing spider-man and venom and now these turtles.
For whatever reason I find the larger statues are often static, less detail or both. (NOT always)
After these past small statues have all be released and the scale complainers have their say the statues still sky rocketed to the top of collections. :rotfl

Gah, I gotta stay out of this thread. Keep that number in mind, € 1.200,- for the set. Stay strong!

Back