Sideshow Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Statues

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
19510147_10158845716935511_8100891239183867477_n.jpg

Is that confirmed? That's what I was hoping for. :rock

From this photo which looks like he's in a BESTA next to Sonja, I'm not sure how wide the others are but it looks like you could easily fit 2 heroes on a half-shelf (pun intended) and 2 on the bottom. Not sure yet about all 4 on the same shelf but looks like you could do 3.

attachment.php

Ah. I see what you mean. Definitely in the same cube, but maybe not on the same plane. Makes sense. I agree.

Ah. I see what you mean. Definitely in the same cube, but maybe not on the same plane. Makes sense. I agree.

Yeah, it really depends on the depth of the other ones that'll determine whether you can fit 2 behind 2. But if they're all similar to Leo's base, then you can probably fit 3 side-by-side I think, slim chance of 4, can't really tell at that angle though.

Wow, they really are small... at least all 4 will fit in my BESTA as predicted :lol

They're definitely smaller than I'm used to compared to PFF's but once you get Leo in hand and feel the weight and display him, he doesn't seems all that small after all. I think he's an awesome piece. Would I have preferred them to be bigger? Hell yeah. But for what we Got, I'm quite happy.

3 Turtles could fit in a BESTA shelf, I doubt the 4th would

the depth of the shelfs is 13 inches I think... its not possible to stack two turtles front and back together.

3 Turtles could fit in a BESTA shelf, I doubt the 4th would

the depth of the shelfs is 13 inches I think... its not possible to stack two turtles front and back together.

Yeah, seems like it's too tight a fit, will have to use the half shelf, hopefully that setup looks cool.

Well, I just opened mine....

Perfection. No QC issues thankfully. Excellent work, Sideshow, on the QC. That's my biggest concern EVERY TIME I open the box. So much stress. It shouldn't be that way, but it is. When you drop this kind of coin, this is the quality I expect. :rock So again, thank you, Sideshow.

I really like this piece. I'm a Marvel fan boy. When I reach out of my comfort zone with a piece like this one, I'm hoping for the best and I'm definitely not disappointed in this case. The paint apps are excellent. The pose is excellent - I love the overall look, the realism with its dynamic pose. The statue itself is HEAVY for the size. And speaking of the size, it's what I expected. Probably 1:5th.

I've been reading over at Statue Forum....Wow, this piece is creating quite the buzz. I guess I'm just a bit bewildered because I got exactly what I expected based on pics, etc. I don't understand some of the criticism this piece (and line) is getting. I'm not saying Sideshow is perfect. No company is. But everything is on point, IMO.

I can only hope I continue to be blessed with excellent QC for Raph, Don, and Mikey. If I am, I don't see this gang leaving my collection. I was always a fan of the original comiquettes, but never enough to dive in and order. This line finally satisfies the TMNT void I've had for so long.

Overall, I give Leo a 5 out of 5.

And I agree about fitting the gang in a Besta. I don't see it happening unfortunately. Three for sure, side by side, but not four (let alone two wide and two deep). I could be wrong, but I don't see it.

Back