Statue Sideshow - T-Rex: Tyrant King Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just a question, do Sideshow provide a warranty of some sort against paint defects? I was admiring my T-rex the other day & noticed what I thought was a bit of dirt or fluff on one of the toes. I gave it a gentle wipe and the paint came straight off!

foot1.jpg

Obviously this part wasn't painted properly. :gah:

I headed down to the local hobby shop & picked up some Tamiya acrylic paint. I think I did a bloody good job of fixing it, but still a bit annoyed that I had to pay for paint & if I wasn't so handy I would've had to find & pay someone else to fix it.

foot2.jpg

I've had the statue for a couple of months now & this is actually a replacement as the first one had a missing tooth plus other flaws. Is it worth the hassle trying to claim something out of SS or is it better not to bother?

Thanks, I wasn't going to request a replacement (AFAIK they don't have any left anyways), just a partial refund due to their dodgy workmanship. :wink1:

If you caught it within 30 days they would have helped, but out of that good luck. Even then it would probably barely paid for your paint and hassle. That is just one of the pitfalls with cheap Chinese painters, poor prep work. I have had a few pieces do that to me also. Glad you were able to sort it out.

Buddy, hate to say it, but the tail is way off. I mean, it looks like an add on, but certainly not from the same sculpted SS rex tail??? Very strange.You should be able to get it replaced with no problems from Sideshow Yeah, it's that obvious. Good luck.

Somebody should post pictures of theirs from the same angles. It looks like it was broken and reattached with a little missing.

Somebody should post pictures of theirs from the same angles. It looks like it was broken and reattached with a little missing.

I did check mine & it definitely doesn't look like the one pictured here. I don't think it was broken though, I'm not sure how these are made, but it seems like not enough of the plaster material flowed into the tail end of the mold. This would result in part of it appearing to be not as thick as the rest of the tail.

I dunno, maybe I'm way off. :lol

I looked at mine a little more closely and I could see that is where the two pieces were joined together. Think of the end of the tail as a cap and the body is a hollow bottle.

I could see on mine where it was glued together and touched up to hide the seam. But mine is not as obvious as yours, it's there if you really look for it but not standing out.

There are several areas in all the T-Rex statues I have seen where they appear to have been molded and attached in several parts. Both legs also have the welded and sculpted areas.

Hi,

Does anyone know if T-Rex fits in an IKEA Besta? How about Stegosaurus?

Thanks

I'm afraid it wont fit. The first T. rex maquette by David Krentz can just barely fit inside a Bestå, and it is much smaller than the Tyrant king. Maybe you can cram the Stegosaurus in there, but it wont look good.

I'm afraid it wont fit. The first T. rex maquette by David Krentz can just barely fit inside a Bestå, and it is much smaller than the Tyrant king. Maybe you can cram the Stegosaurus in there, but it wont look good.

Ah. Claro, Robban. Thanks for that.

Yes. This is exactly the kind of stuff I plan on doing once I move to a place where I can put everything on display and finally set up lighting.

These things work wonders in dynamic lighting. Flat, evenly lit places just seem to make them have a completely different atmosphere. In my opinion, its better to lose a little of the detail from the dynamic lighting and gain a ridiculously amazing image of these statues in motion.

Back