Sideshow Superman Man Of Steel Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dude, the cap statue is a SLEEPER!!!! I admit pictures look sloppy but in hand total different story Could be the same here. We all know GL looked at first and how wonderful and misleading SSs pictures can be.

:exactly::goodpost: besides Poppa needs to get a Spidey....lol

You paid a $38 deposit on a PF that won't sell out a day before seeing if the film makes it worth it in the first place? Why?

Kind of a legit question only becaus Bmutha said he hoped he didn't regret ordering it. He was questioning his own purchase before Khev did. If you think about it, if you are afraid you won't like the movie, wait one day.... Can't see this selling out in on day. We have now gone to an anti hype stage here.....lol

Ha...I said that kind of facetiously...I was too lazy to put in a winky face!

I bought it because:

A. I love the new suit. The first time I saw official pics of Cavill in it, I thought, "now that's Superman". I think this PF nails the look of the movie, so I think this will look great in my home theatre.

B. I'm a big movie fan. I'm pretty sure I will enjoy the film (I liked the first Ghost Rider)...it can't be as bad as Iron Man 3, can it? :monkey1

C. My son will go berserk when this finally arrives. I'm sure him and I will have watched Man of Steel several hundred times by then...he's going to love it. That my friend, is worth every penny.

You paid a $38 deposit on a PF that won't sell out a day before seeing if the film makes it worth it in the first place? Why?

He must have forgotten that your opinion obviously matters when he spends his money. :slap

Ha...I said that kind of facetiously...I was too lazy to put in a winky face!

I bought it because:

A. I love the new suit. The first time I saw official pics of Cavill in it, I thought, "now that's Superman". I think this PF nails the look of the movie, so I think this will look great in my home theatre.

B. I'm a big movie fan. I'm pretty sure I will enjoy the film (I liked the first Ghost Rider)...it can't be as bad as Iron Man 3, can it? :monkey1

C. My son will go berserk when this finally arrives. I'm sure him and I will have watched Man of Steel several hundred times by then...he's going to love it. That my friend, is worth every penny.

Well I hope you love both the movie and the statue m8. Everyone should LOVE their collection.:hi5:

The paint apps look terrible on this. SS has gone down hill. A Repaint would make this piece amazing but we shouldn't have to have something repainted.

Dude, the cap statue is a SLEEPER!!!! I admit pictures look sloppy but in hand total different story Could be the same here. We all know GL looked at first and how wonderful and misleading SSs pictures can be.

a good example is the Rinzler PF. looked pretty terrible in the SS gallery but in hand it looked great

Yeah, just take pictures in natural light. I feel like my PFs are in a strip club in these galleries. Darkness conceals A LOT!

This looks great. The pictures they show aren't doing a good enough job of showing off the detail.

Yes they do sir, it's called prejudging..

Bodybuilders practiced poses that play into illusions. They manipulate how they look to provide the best illusion for given poses where the judges are sitting. You can't freely rotate them during a pose like you can a statue, whixh might look good from one angle but not another.

This looks great. The pictures they show aren't doing a good enough job of showing off the detail.

I totally agree with you here, the angle at which these photos were taken seem to bring out the worst in this PF. The lack of lighting helps matters none.

I totally agree with you here, the angle I. Which these photos were taken seen to bring out the worst in this PF. The lack of lighting helps matters none.

The preview shots looked 10X better. This doesn't even look like the same sculpt. It needs a good head on shot IMHO.

Bodybuilders practiced poses that play into illusions. They manipulate how they look to provide the best illusion for given poses where the judges are sitting. You can't freely rotate them during a pose like you can a statue, whixh might look good from one angle but not another.

If you can find 1 or 2 GREAT viewing angles though isn't that all you need???

The paint apps look terrible on this. SS has gone down hill. A Repaint would make this piece amazing but we shouldn't have to have something repainted.

Lol, what paint aps? I thought this thing was practically covered in fabric.

I bet once in hand pics and videos of this at SDCC come up, some folks will change their tune

Lol, what paint aps? I thought this thing was practically covered in fabric.

Which is what a PF should be! PF's are supposed to be mixed media. I hated when PF's all of a sudden started getting more and more sculpted instead of having real fabric material

Which is what a PF should be! PF's are supposed to be mixed media. I hated when PF's all of a sudden started getting more and more sculpted instead of having real fabric material

I like mixed media too, darkness. I never said I didn't. A good balance between rock and cloth is where it's at son! That guy called out crappy paint aps, which last time I checked, it was 95% covered in fabric. Unless he meant head and hands.

Very very possible... This piece is confusing to me... And will have to wait to see more.

I don't care... I really like it and I don't need my opinion validated by hate trains. Some here are complaining about the hand and arm placement... laughable since it jasn't changed since the teaser.

Maybe the ES will be cut short with the hate. Too bad cause I wouldn't have minded a Zod and Jor El too.

In the production peek video teaser it looked promising. Then the teaser pic I was hoping the full reveal would show something different but it was just more of the same at different angles. Shame. Since I like the movie version but again just not the pose they went with. Also no exclusive sucks too IMO.

Last edited:
Back