Sideshow Superman Man Of Steel Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone we know of attempted a repaint on him yet? Just curious because I haven't heard or seen a thing. Could be, I suppose, that the PVC issue put so many people off that there just aren't that many in hand.

Anyway, it would take a lot to get me to turn mine over for more work, but it's always interesting to see what the community is capable of!

FGind6.jpg

Didnt have high hopes for this pf.. But hey, it looked great. 1st statue for 2015.

83510be9b69baadc41011d2a4374b5ab.jpg

Instagram: SoySith

Has anyone we know of attempted a repaint on him yet? Just curious because I haven't heard or seen a thing. Could be, I suppose, that the PVC issue put so many people off that there just aren't that many in hand.

Anyway, it would take a lot to get me to turn mine over for more work, but it's always interesting to see what the community is capable of!

I plan on repainting the head that was on the body I had to shatter to test it out and see what I could do, I just haven't had the time unfortunately

^Is that the stock cape? Or did you add extra wires to make it stronger?

I plan on repainting the head that was on the body I had to shatter to test it out and see what I could do, I just haven't had the time unfortunately

Sweet! Can't wait to see it, Gipetto!

I think this is probably the best shot I've pulled off so far. I'm gonna have to work on that cape pose, kimsoyens! Looks great! Told you you wouldn't be disappointed!

dd5image.jpg

No special technique guys. Just played around with the cape and i got this.. Trust me, it took me at least an hour with the cape. No camera tricks, only adjusted the brightness to get as close as the actual statue.

No special technique guys. Just played around with the cape and i got this.. Trust me, it took me at least an hour with the cape. No camera tricks, only adjusted the brightness to get as close as the actual statue.

Cool! I was hoping that was the case. I havent been able to get as dramatic a pose out of the cape as you have yet, but one thing i can say is that in order to get anything more that a mildly posed drape, you have to use the wires together as a system and also use Supe's arms as anchors. But even using those tactics, i haven't gotten to your level, Kim. Maybe you can give us a bit more detailed an account when you have some time...

Just try raising the cape to that side and bend those wires, play with it. It takes patience hehe. Im actually surprised i got this from the cape. After the shot, i tried extending the cape on the other side to no avail.

Currently his on display this way..

a1adce164ff30a8d8a2bff24a80179c6.jpg

The pictures they are using on the SS website for this statue... they are not flattering.

Not at all flattering! And it's truly a shame, because in person this statue is great. I mean, if QuiGon can get those amazing shots with desk lighting and a cell phone, then I really question what SS's professional photographers are doing with their studio setups and full-frame DSLR's?

I am digging the recent photos of the cape flowing off to the side by kimsoyens. I did mess around a bit trying to get the same look as the artwork but had no luck... guess I'll need to put a few more hours into getting it just right.

Not at all flattering! And it's truly a shame, because in person this statue is great. I mean, if QuiGon can get those amazing shots with desk lighting and a cell phone, then I really question what SS's professional photographers are doing with their studio setups and full-frame DSLR's?

I am digging the recent photos of the cape flowing off to the side by kimsoyens. I did mess around a bit trying to get the same look as the artwork but had no luck... guess I'll need to put a few more hours into getting it just right.

:horror:horror:horror
Good God, those updated pictures on the SS site are awful! I think (in fact I know) this is nothing to do with the equipment and EVERYTHING to do with love of the piece. You can take a terrible picture of just about any subject, but a great, or even a good picture requires that you love/appreciate/respect the subject. This looks like SS found the first listing for photography they saw in the yellow pages and said, "Here, take many pics of THIS, and send them to us..." The pictures suck because the photographers had no idea what they were shooting. If you want me to take a terrible pic of the Man of Steel Premium Format Figure, I'm sure I could, but I never will, because I happen to love the piece.

Not gonna lie, he looks phenomenal in this pic!

Thanks Bingo! That means loads to me! I'd like to brag about my extensive photography training and multi-thousand dollar lighting equipment, but as Sammy said, just me, a table lamp, and a motorola cellphone...and love for the subject.

Sideshow...................................................QuiGon
602image.jpg

Last edited:
Back