Sideshow Superman Man Of Steel Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man I'm having terrible luck with this dang statue! Just got my replacement in this evening and guess what? it's worse than my original one :gah: What's worse is I'm one of the ones who liked this statue and wanted it but Sideshow's lack of QC on this thing (or just mine it seems) is really turning me off of it. Can't wait to have to deal with Sideshow CS even more :slap: now I'm not even sure I want to order the Reeve PF. I might get a bad one there too :monkey2

Sorry to here that man, so what are you going to do now?

Mine:

15694745146_908742a7f1_c.jpg

That looks great, mattman! Not sure how I missed this (fifty pages ago or so)! Congrats!

I stopped after 45 seconds. P.S. I want 45 seconds of my life back.

Well I watched a full review and man did it make my blood boil! :mad:

That guy Jason doesn't seem like he has a clue about anything, the MOS PF body is pretty close to accurate as you can get, I can't believe he thinks it is too skinny because he has studied anatomy, big ****ing deal. Also why are they reviewing statues? I thought they only reviewed dolls? He also said that the HT MOS proto body shape was fine and not big at all and that they should not of listen to the complaints from people and changed it:cuckoo:

Imagine if he ran Hot Toys, nothing would get improved because he implies that Hot Toys/Sideshow shouldn't listen to people about their complaints.

Well I watched a full review and man did it make my blood boil! :mad:

That guy Jason doesn't seem like he has a clue about anything, the MOS PF body is pretty close to accurate as you can get, I can't believe he thinks it is too skinny because he has studied anatomy, big ****ing deal. Also why are they reviewing statues? I thought they only reviewed dolls? He also said that the HT MOS proto body shape was fine and not big at all and that they should not of listen to the complaints from people and changed it:cuckoo:

Imagine if he ran Hot Toys, nothing would get improved because he implies that Hot Toys/Sideshow shouldn't listen to people about their complaints.

HT didn't listen to people's complaints about the dome on the original Ed-209 when making the new one.

HT didn't listen to people's complaints about the dome on the original Ed-209 when making the new one.

Yeah that's true they listen to some complaints but not others but it is better than not listening to any at all and making the HT MOS figure big and fat because that is apparently what he is suppose to look like according to that reviewer.

I don't know, it's not any different then 99% of the other video reviews out there. I find most of them very annoying. Not so much their opinion on the products but just their persona on the video is annoying, there's a reason why some people can't make it on TV. He says people complain to much yet he's on there ranting away. The slurping of his drink was very annoying and the fact he couldn't sit still for more then 5 seconds is also annoying trait.

As for digital sculpting goes, I feel for statues based on movie actors they should be digitally scanned like what GG does for it's movie statues. For comic books where there really is no one defining look of the character the hand sculpting is fine and probably preferred if the artist is good enough.

Last edited:
I know. I enjoyed and agree with a lot of the things they said.
I'm not too familiar with them, but I remember seeing her alone doing reviews.
They should stick to that as I think she does a good job not being biased.

His opinion is very biased though, and the ol' I know what I'm talking about cause I have X years of being an artist and the rest are just whiners is silly.
For someone who studied anatomy for that long, the proportions on the final HT mos blows away the proto.
The proto was a fatty I almost cancelled my PO.
The final HT mos was a masterpiece by Ht, the body looks natural.
The proportions are closer to cavill, though the proportions are off on other 1/6 scale.
But the body upgrade is huge over the proto.

Also, I think beside him, there's only one other person that thinks its ok for the PVC.
Many of us who actually likes this figure, but wishes it was still polystone are just whiners?!

It's not just about weight, there is definitely a difference with the body propotions.
The proto was definitely better.
But fortunately, with all its flaws, the mos Pf is still cool so many of us are willing to overlook the PVC.

Urgh those two are annoying as hell.

Wow that was annoying. They guy is to damn fidgety.

No kidding man. It looks like they plucked that dude right from his Rasta decorated dorm room and asked if he'd be cool with doing a review vid of Superman. They prolly paid him with weed. Trying to be all sophisticated drinking coffee, haha!

And sorry SDguy, but that close up was funny to me. It's cool to know you and a few others love the MOS PF and all, but I own the comic PF and it's the only Superman I'll ever need.

And sorry SDguy, but that close up was funny to me. It's cool to know you and a few others love the MOS PF and all, but I own the comic PF and it's the only Superman I'll ever need.

Understand totally. I bought the statue because I really liked the movie. Not because I'm a general huge superman fan. So we are collecting them for entirely different reasons :)

Oh, and everyone remember all the **** I got for posting the “horrible” closeup of the face simply to show that the eyes were perfect? Well, this is why I did that. So suck it, complainers! People should have been thanking me :lecture

CAT14_zpsd83c7f1d.jpg

No kidding man. It looks like they plucked that dude right from his Rasta decorated dorm room and asked if he'd be cool with doing a review vid of Superman. They prolly paid him with weed. Trying to be all sophisticated drinking coffee, haha!

I wanted to hit him with a tranc dart 1 min in. Definetly looked like he was going threw withdrawal.

As fore the MOS PF. Well I saw the Superman PF and the MOS PF in different stores on the same day, and for me there is no comparisson really. The MOS PF is good for what it is, but only one really is Superman to me.

Understand totally. I bought the statue because I really liked the movie. Not because I'm a general huge superman fan. So we are collecting them for entirely different reasons :)

Oh, and everyone remember all the **** I got for posting the “horrible” closeup of the face simply to show that the eyes were perfect? Well, this is why I did that. So suck it, complainers! People should have been thanking me :lecture

CAT14_zpsd83c7f1d.jpg

YIKES!!!! That is FUGLY!!!

Oh and I am not dissing anyone's choice for buying this. People love what they want.

YIKES!!!! That is FUGLY!!!

Oh and I am not dissing anyone's choice for buying this. People love what they want.

Agreed, I'm not knocking anyone that likes their purchase... simply pointing out that a non-studio lit photo may be good for some things :D

Back