1/6 Sideshow Star Wars TIE Fighter Pilot 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The lego hose would be perfect if I can get the ribbing to push in a bit...........

Bummer, sorry about the hose. Looking at the AT-AT driver again, maybe those hoses are your best bet. They are a hair too thick (by about 20%), but still smaller than the TIE black hoses, and super flexible also.

Bummer, sorry about the hose. Looking at the AT-AT driver again, maybe those hoses are your best bet. They are a hair too thick (by about 20%), but still smaller than the TIE black hoses, and super flexible also.

Exactly, I've been leaning that way, and we shall see.......havent decided how to proceed just yet....

20170318_225827_LLS-1_zpssdragrhc.jpg

Last edited:
I may have found a good solution for the 3rd hose. I found these "extension" springs at the hardware store. These in particular are 3-9/16" long and 3/16" in diameter. So almost a perfect diameter for 1/6 scale gray hose, and fairly flexible.
20170319_152702-1_zpskkiioxv7.jpg

I painted it with some Testor dark ghost gray. Drilled a 3/16" hole through the chest box and plugged in the spring. Be careful, the gray sprocket is a separate glued-on piece so it may pop off while drilling.
20170319_143750-1_zpsk6uujxsi.jpg

I used a Lego piece and thin nail to affix the other end through a tiny hole drilled in the back armor. I have not idea what it's supposed to look like in the back, but I saw something similar in a cosplay outfit.
20170319_151527_LLS-1_zpsqalqvdxm.jpg
20170319_170213-1_zpsnbpgo0nn.jpg

20170319_145402-1_zpsgzrsfcdm.jpg

Last edited:
Damn, yeah, that looks very close.........great idea!

here is a vid of a SDS bust and what they did:

I don't think their hose is as accurate as it could have been

Here is my WIP with translucent green. Gonna wait for the Tamiya one and try again....

DSCN1114.JPG

Last edited:
Yeah, the hue isn't bad but I think the Tamiya will add a depth and sheen that will really make it pop.

I see you had to add another belt notch like I did to accommodate the fat suit (or in my case the paper towel wrap).

here is a vid of a SDS bust and what they did:

I don't think their hose is as accurate as it could have been

So, is the gray hose connection port supposed to be just black with that gray sprocket removed? I could have sworn the gray sprocket was still attached. You can sort of see it it this pic (ignore green circle):
rotj-cc1.jpg

Omfg, beer is flowing through my nose :lol

Butt seriously, maybe that hose is supposed to connect to a larger cockpit air supply. So when not in use it just hooks onto the back or belt

Back