1/6 Sideshow Star Wars TIE Fighter Pilot 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've not even seen a belt on ebay. WIP of my tie pilot w lateral hose... DSCN1115.JPG

Thanks.......i ended up cheating and using the marmit tie hose...gonna do a 2nd, darker coat. Still trying to get the Tamiya clear green to brush evenly....my paint skills are sorely lacking@!

I know, that's the first place I looked.

You may want to call Toy Anxiety and see if a restock is possible.....

Also am considering repainting the Sideshow stand to give the pilot some personality............looking at this pic as inspiration:

tie cockpit.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks.......i ended up cheating and using the marmit tie hose...gonna do a 2nd, darker coat. Still trying to get the Tamiya clear green to brush evenly....my paint skills are sorely lacking@!

It ain't cheating if it works!

Yeah, painting the clear acrylic can be tough the first few times. Make sure you have a clean smooth surface to start with, lay it on a med-thick with as few strokes as possible cover the entire lens, and don't touch it until it dries. If possible, maybe you need to pop the lens piece off, strip the old paint, and start over.

That's a slick idea about the stand, can't wait to see it.

It ain't cheating if it works!

Yeah, painting the clear acrylic can be tough the first few times. Make sure you have a clean smooth surface to start with, lay it on a med-thick with as few strokes as possible cover the entire lens, and don't touch it until it dries. If possible, maybe you need to pop the lens piece off, strip the old paint, and start over.

That's a slick idea about the stand, can't wait to see it.

Thanks for the words of encouragement on the lenses....and we shall see on the stand. Kinda thinking it over about how best to proceed.

ya know that the HT EP VII pilot has the perfect hose....gonna see if I can score a head for cheap and try that.....but with a dark grey now, pretty happy with the marmit hose...

I just nabbed a Kenner 12" AT-AT driver off ebay. I'll let you know next week how those gray hoses work.

Cool, yeah was thinking about that myself.....look forward to it!

One more of mine, with darker grey now:

Looks great. How is the hose tucked in the back?

I'm not sure what reference SS was using for the left pocket, but it never looked right and those cargo pocket flaps stuck out way too much. So I sewed them down, and added compartments for the code cylinders. My rudimentary sewing skills on display:
20170326_135614_LLS-1-1_zpsp9bgrdtj.jpg
20170326_140623_LLS-1-1_zpsgu6s4h19.jpg

It's amazing how much of a difference the hose makes just in a visual interest sense. I definitely would like to do this.

You can see the backs of the pilots pretty clearly in some shots in ANH, so I have no idea where to tube actually went as you cant see it from the back. I imagine they just went into a pocket on the side somewhere in the same way it does for Luke's pilot outfit.

Yeah, I can't find any official pics of where the hose attaches to the back. It probably just hangs there, and hooks up to an air supply in the cockpit.

Anyhoo, here are the Kenner AT-AT driver hoses, "canonically" dangling off to the side. They way they were curved on the AT-AT driver seems to lend itself towards a natural curve around the hip of the TIE pilot. The Kenner hoses are a bit rough, with sprue marks and sloppy paint. I painted them dark ghost gray and sprayed with some dull coat, which helped some. They are also a bit thick for the scale, but so are the SS main hoses, so they seem to work together. The little "cans" at the ends that originally attached to the AT-AT driver helmet also look appropriate for an air supply attachment fitting.

edit: I can also just stuff the ends under the back armor, look alright either way.

20170402_111528-1a_zpsxajaxxxx.jpg

20170402_111842-1a_zpsaqlvheng.jpg

Last edited:
Kinda interesting, I don't know if anyone else plays the Galaxy of Heroes mobile game, but the TFP is one of the better characters in that game, so it's piqued my interest in this figure.

The only thing is, he uses a pistol in the game, not the E-11 rifle.

Yeah, I can't find any official pics of where the hose attaches to the back. It probably just hangs there, and hooks up to an air supply in the cockpit.

Anyhoo, here are the Kenner AT-AT driver hoses, "canonically" dangling off to the side. They way they were curved on the AT-AT driver seems to lend itself towards a natural curve around the hip of the TIE pilot. The Kenner hoses are a bit rough, with sprue marks and sloppy paint. I painted them dark ghost gray and sprayed with some dull coat, which helped some. They are also a bit thick for the scale, but so are the SS main hoses, so they seem to work together. The little "cans" at the ends that originally attached to the AT-AT driver helmet also look appropriate for an air supply attachment fitting.

edit: I can also just stuff the ends under the back armor, look alright either way.

20170402_111528-1a_zpsxajaxxxx.jpg

20170402_111842-1a_zpsaqlvheng.jpg

Those Kenner hoses look awesome. May have to score one.....

Sorry, been having PC issues for the past two weeks.....new video card later, I am back. Been missing this thread, especially!

While it's not accurate, gonna pull a kenner and have the hose go into the base of his 'backpack thingee'

This figure just started showing low stock on Sideshow. Does that usually mean 2-3 left and I should nab him now? I wanted to wait a few more weeks, but now I'm nervous that he will sell out if I wait too long.

Back