1/6 Sideshow Star Wars Scout Trooper 1/6th Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That rifle is going to become synonymous with this figure. The scout is shown in several ROTJ concept pics with a rifle (though its different,) so it's movie accurate in a way. What I like is that the rifle looks very OT bad guy, like IG-88's rifle and the sandie MG34 rifle mixed together.

Agree that the weathering is too heavy but at least it looks realistic, unlike the first few SSC sandies. Other than a bit of black spray here and there, the onscreen scouts didn't have much weathering. Maybe SCC thought it'd make the fig look less toy-like.

I like this guy more today than I did yesterday. And I liked it yesterday.

I think the weathering looks good in hand. Hard to photograph... so it may look to some of you even more weathered once you get it. It gives the Scout a very different and "grunt" feel (as someone said before). From a distance he looks black and white but when you look close you can see a lot of weathering, patterns and smears... its effective. The boots might throw you in pictures because they are so heavy with muck... but then again that's likely where the muck would be.

Crouched with the rifle basically hides the pouches... but to me those are the things that need weathering the most. But maybe to match the screen characters its better to use the "wipe-and-smear" technique that people used to clean R2.

Last edited:
Ok, I promised myself I wouldn't, but I did - just order this fsking guy tonight. I plan to throw the mid-setion pouches into the cold charcoal inside one of my barbecues. They're far too white in every photo - maybe even too white for a Stormtrooper. ;)

Is the rifle exclusive to SSC? If it is might go ahead and order him now.

Edit: Oh it is, I always looked on SSC site in whats in the box and before I remembered they used to have the exclusive item listed in bold or parenthesis, now it is its own separate little box.

Gonna order Monday. Hopefully I will get money refunded from my Mezco Bats two pack and get this instead.

Might need to grab a second depending on my impression with him and equip the second with binoculars as every sniper needs a spotter

I'm not a big fan of the way too angled visor.

scout-horz.jpg

I need a Scout like it appeared in ROTJ. Don't care for a concept and/or game Scout Trooper, not that I don't like their design, but this particular figure was released as ROTJ Scout. That's why I didn't care about the rifle either.

I like him here, Wor-Gar.

Looks like as soon as he's put into action poses his armour goes wacky at the shoulders, elbows and knees. HT is parsecs ahead of SS with the design and function of their trooper. Though the Scout is a more awkward figure to replicate due to the armour being strapped on rather than tubular.

Anyone identified the kind of body used yet? Is a HT or Coo Model narrow shoulder going to work as a replacement?

I need a Scout like it appeared in ROTJ. Don't care for a concept and/or game Scout Trooper, not that I don't like their design, but this particular figure was released as ROTJ Scout. That's why I didn't care about the rifle either.
Yeah I tottaly get that, personally I think the gg bust is a better rep of the scout then this, but I shall see for myself on Wednesday

Yeah I tottaly get that, personally I think the gg bust is a better rep of the scout then this, but I shall see for myself on Wednesday

Never was a GG mini-bust collector, the ones I have only add up to a larger setup/display. I only own the Kotobukiya Scout and GG Scout on speederbike statue, both are very cool. My own SSC Scout figure and speederbike will only arrive later this year. No matter accuracy or flaws I intend to keep them, but only buy one of each.

The wrongly done "mouth" is a subtle thing that throws the helmet out quite a bit to me (prop on left, SSC on right)...

2upsqbo.png

The missing thick black line makes the model parts overscale, and the mouth too narrow.

Back