1/6 Sideshow Star Wars Scout Trooper 1/6th Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Um... HT is so much bigger than Sideshow, the "under SSC's wing" part sounds so silly. :lol They used to be partners because HT needed Sideshow's licenses and Sideshow needed HT's expertize on how to make figures. That was long time ago tho.

But HT is already under SSC's wing so I'm pretty sure they have ideas what HT figures are being planned or developed.

You got that wrong. There is no "under wing". HT si manufacture and distributor for Asia/Pacific regions. SSC is just their distributor for US & Europe. If HT would decide to open store and warehouse in US & Europe, SSC would go down as a brick.

:lol True, but for me the unevenness doesn't bother me as much in hand.
I've toyed with the idea of painting a wash on the cummerbund pouch belt to make it look a bit more even, now I'll wait and see if Sideshow corrects the issue before I do any modding.

I used a pencil to weather the cummerbund a bit, to tone down the white. It's hard to see in photos but in person it gets closer to the rest of the armor.

I used one of these:

26806.jpg

You got that wrong. There is no "under wing". HT si manufacture and distributor for Asia/Pacific regions. SSC is just their distributor for US & Europe. If HT would decide to open store and warehouse in US & Europe, SSC would go down as a brick.

Ok I stand corrected. Sorry for that.

Going back to topic. HT should definitely release the Biker Scout and include at least 3 sets of hands, a pistol & a riffle.

Here's another look at the first release...

SCOUT-TROOPER-018.jpg

I don't mind re-issues of the troopers - I hope the deco/distressing details are different on the new version -if so, I'd be inclined to pick another one up. I never got a second one to display "off the bike" and I think Sideshow did a great job with this Scout...a flashback on the speeder here:

SCOUT-TROOPER-019.jpg

What I'd really like to see is a re-issue of the Sideshow Snowtrooper with updated mask and deco (and no, the Commander doesn't count here - just a regular trooper please). Had some new photo fun last week with the original release:

SNOWTROOPER-28.jpg

...and a while back with the E-WEBB:

SNOWTROOPER-29.jpg

I like the idea of Sideshow re-visiting the troopers occasionally. Hot Toys can put out their versions - it's not a "vs." thing for me- it's whatever one looks good on display and in photos I take. Sometimes it's one, sometimes the other. All part of the fun in this hobby - getting to choose.

The HT version cannot be far off and you know they'll include the sniper rifle as a Battlefront exclusive. It makes picking up the SS speeder bike very tempting, I just don't know where I'd display it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I think this is the real issue. Sideshow does not cost less. They have actually been more when you compare what a figure comes with between a Sideshow figure and a HT one. The X-Wing Lukes were both crazy expensive for them to have been bare bones. The SS Jedi Luke is the only "reasonably priced" figure in a while but that's probably only so they could compete with the HT version, and they're probably selling it at a loss! It used to be that SS figures were a good amount less, and that was a good niche for them to be in. They were of a slightly inferior quality than HT, but since they cost less, it was worth it to tolerate the issues a SS figure would have. Now that they're both roughly the same price, and with SS even being more expensive, it's an obvious choice to go with HT, which has a better product AND costs less! Like many have said here, it would be in SS's best interest to focus on aliens and robots that HT wouldn't get around to doing. SShas proven they can do them well, and they would have no competition from HT.

I will say that I would have no desire for a HT Scoutie since I'm pretty happy with the Sideshow version. The (minor to me) problems it has don't bother me and it wouldn't be worth the trouble to upgrade.

I was thinking of the initial releases pricing from a couple of years ago. You can still pick up the TIE pilot and AT-AT Driver for much less than original retail now so some of it still holds true.
If Sideshow does fix the issues with the original Biker Scout release and make this more accurate, I'd gladly pay HT pricing to own an updated SSC Biker Scout or two. That we'll have to wait and see.

I used a pencil to weather the cummerbund a bit, to tone down the white. It's hard to see in photos but in person it gets closer to the rest of the armor.

I used one of these:
[Image Edited]

Thanks for the tip! I'd hate to get graphite all over the place after touching it, would a light clear coat prevent the graphite from getting all over the place?

The HT version cannot be far off and you know they'll include the sniper rifle as a Battlefront exclusive. It makes picking up the SS speeder bike very tempting, I just don't know where I'd display it.

I can't see how HT can do a Scout Trooper without doing a speeder bike. 90% of their time onscreen they're on the bikes. It's like doing the Emperor without offering the throne.

But HT will do a Speederbike to go with their Scout Trooper. They'll just forget to release it :monkey3

I can't see how HT can do a Scout Trooper without doing a speeder bike. 90% of their time onscreen they're on the bikes. It's like doing the Emperor without offering the throne.
I mean they could, they did do the bat pod. Maybe a prototype will be shown, but I won't hold my breath for a PO.

If they get one up in the very near future, even as a tease, they wouldn’t need to make their own. If people saw a HT Scout is coming they’d just order the SSC bike.

just saw second run of this scout trooper on ss page.. would love to get him and display with mine AT-AT dirver and TIE pilot

such a shame that sniper rifle not included... that tiny pistol

Last edited by a moderator:
just saw second run of this scout trooper on ss page.. would love to get him and display with mine AT-AT dirver and TIE pilot

such a shame that sniper rifle not included... that tiny pistol

As in it's not into holsters but likes other blasters?

Last edited by a moderator:
As in it's not into holsters but likes other blasters?

Way too small.. just think Scout trooper have to engage in actual combat, just look at that pistol size (the scout bike is totally different thing)
80e95779-d4c9-464b-afbb-3a1db9fe65f0.jpg

it is hilarious while AT-AT driver and TIE pilot are both equipped with much bigger blasters while their fuction just sit in the cockpit

Back