Sideshow Star Wars Mythos Statue Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The lighting effect on Vader looks great now, but I really have my doubts about how it'll turn out once they get mass produced painted.

Just one tiny difference in the shade of orange/yellow will make a huge difference. If not done perfect, his cape and helmet will look like it was just smeared in paint.

^Thats what Im worried about also. The Vader they are showing is amazing and very different. I doubt the final will look as good.

Boba of course will be mine. If the Vader turns out as good or better it will be mine also.

I'm not getting the battle damage all over Vader. Either it's a metaphor for a phoenix rising from the ashes or he just finished a big fight and came back to Mustafar to reflect.

I'm not getting the battle damage all over Vader. Either it's a metaphor for a phoenix rising from the ashes or he just finished a big fight and came back to Mustafar to reflect.

And with his breathing problems decided to take his mask off on a hot world where the air must be stifling... Makes a ton of sense. That part bothers me about the statue.

^^^^^^^^^^

Lar'ja Thwei said:
It seems like in this statue, he's not worried about that though. Maybe he regrets who he has become and he is contemplating ending it all..or he's just looking into his now lifeless eyes wondering if he chose the right path.

And it looks as if he is on Mustafar, which would make sense considering that's where he supposedly killed the love of his life..the one he was trying to save this whole time, and fought his own master who had been like a brother to him.

I can see it now..he's in the middle of erupting volcanoes, lava spewing all around him..holding his helmet in front of him, staring into the cold eyes of Darth Vader..the music is building..he starts coughing, music building, his eyes are straining...then SILENCE! He puts the helmet back on.

I am simply blown away by Kenobi. I would have never thought I would be excited for a Ben Kenobi statue. :panic:

I can't wait for the Star Wars Mythos Prune Face!!!!!!!!!!!! :yess:

I am simply blown away by Kenobi. I would have never thought I would be excited for a Ben Kenobi statue. :panic:

I can't wait for the Star Wars Mythos Prune Face!!!!!!!!!!!! :yess:

That's how I feel. I have decided that I will probably get Fett and Obi Wan and I am on the fence about Vader.

I really love these. The bring my imagination to life and really remind me of the feeling I use to get about SW before the prequals.

I think that is because there is a story there but no explanation. I could picture things in my own and and create the events. Much like I use to do when thinking of the clone wars and the Vader, Obi wan fight. Well before Lucas messed all up with the prequals.

There's really a lot going on with the Obi statue isn't there. I love them all.

I'll have to say that these look even better than PFs. I always thought that the real cloth on PFs added an element of realism, but the level of detail on these is incredible.

After the way that the Gentle giant likeness turned out on the Kenobi statue I'm going to wait for in hand pics before committing, the others I will try and pic up finances permitting.

I don't recall Sideshow having too many problems with the actual likenesses changing (as in, the sculpt itself getting deformed or being changed between the proto and production). Sideshow's problem is paint.

I just made a quicly (and very bad ;-P) photoshop of the vader statue...

Just for make an idea of how it will look:

sdcc2012_sideshow_starwars_27copia.jpg

The teaser was not the full figure, only the top...

Ey! Don't blame me, I just inverted 2-3 minutes xD

I'll have to say that these look even better than PFs. I always thought that the real cloth on PFs added an element of realism, but the level of detail on these is incredible.

They basically replicated the lotr strategy with the 1/5 line. I bet it's from the same factory, which seem to produce those 1/5 statues in incredible detail and much better paint than the regular dios coming out from ss.

did i tell you guys how happy i am those are in scale with the attakus star war statues :yess: :yess: :yess: :yess:

Back