Sideshow Star Wars Mythos Statue Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why won't you read what I've said regarding this?

His helmet wasn't on by the time the "meditation chamber" doors had opened. And he didn't die.

Oh and, he survived all of the ____ he went through on Mustafar without a helmet. That's why he needed the helmet in the first place actually.

The thing is, although he can live without the helmet..it's obviously only for a very limited time.

It's like Tony Stark and his arc reactor thing. If he takes it out, he'll still live................until the shrapnel reaches his vital organs and he, uh, dies. But if he puts it back in before that happens..he's fine.

Or a Predator and his bio mask, or Prometheus for example..the crew could breathe the air on the planet, but not for longer than two minutes.

If Darth Vader takes off his helmet, and he then puts it back on, he will survive. End of story.

...not to mention, he's one of the most powerful Sith lords that has ever lived. Birthed through the force for christ's sake.

As others have said..this statue could be him reflecting on who he is. Looking at who he's become.

He's staring into the cold, life-less mask of himself.

Very easy to understand.

are we still on this?

1) Look this whole discussion started because you said: "I don't see how he would die. His helmet was removed in the movies twice..and he survived it."

That was wrong on so many levels, period. You later changed it to oh i mean he can survive for only a short while...

And even that is all circumstantial depends on what environment he's in, he can survive a little while on the spaceship maybe, but not in a hostile lava environment. You dont seem to understand the mask is not just an armor, it's part of his body. It's like someone ripping out your mouth & throat and ask if you can survive. And your comparison to pred's mask is wrong again, bio masks ARE just armor nothing more...

2) The point you keep going back to about the meditation chamber door been open while an officer was reporting to him as if that somehow backup your points. The chamber provides oxygen & gas (the same stuff the mask provides) to keep him alive without the mask, you can think of it as a giant mask. It's like opening the door for a min while you have the AC on, it has min impact to the chamber atmosphere. If the chamber door opens to outer space vacuum, then you have a point. But it doesnt.

Reference:

Vader's mask was one of the most important pieces of Vader's armor, and was vital to his survival. Without it, he would die unless in the pressurized, controlled atmosphere of one of his specially-made meditation chambers.

- The New Essential Guide to Weapons and Technology
(https://www.amazon.com/Essential-We...New+Essential+Guide+to+Weapons+and+Technology)

i think i used up all my nerd points for the year, done.

are we still on this?

1) Look this whole discussion started because you said: "I don't see how he would die. His helmet was removed in the movies twice..and he survived it."

That was wrong on so many levels, period. You later changed it to oh i mean he can survive for only a short while...
But it wasn't wrong. :slap

I never "changed" anything. That has been my point this ENTIRE time. That he CAN survive without his helmet on, but only for a short period of time.

And even that is all circumstantial depends on what environment he's in, he can survive a little while on the spaceship maybe, but not in a hostile lava environment. You dont seem to understand the mask is not just an armor, it's part of his body. It's like someone ripping out your mouth & throat and ask if you can survive. And your comparison to pred's mask is wrong again, bio masks ARE just armor nothing more...
You're calling my points circumstantial, yet you seem to know everything about the air/atmosphere on mustafar and what exactly Vader needs to survive? :lol

Judging by what you've said, he should have died on Mustafar before the emperor arrived. How did he survive that? How did he survive sitting on the ground for however long it took for the emperor to arrive after being delimbed and scorched WITHOUT his helmet? :lol

And you missed the point with the Predator bio mask entirely.

Point is: He can survive for a short period of time without his helmet on, so him holding his helmet in the statue is not a flaw.

I think we've covered this helmet thing haven't we - can we get back to actually discussing the Mythos line, which, quite possibly, has the potential to be one of the most popular SW lines available

But it wasn't wrong. :slap

I never "changed" anything. That has been my point this ENTIRE time. That he CAN survive without his helmet on, but only for a short period of time.

You're calling my points circumstantial, yet you seem to know everything about the air/atmosphere on mustafar and what exactly Vader needs to survive? :lol

Judging by what you've said, he should have died on Mustafar before the emperor arrived. How did he survive that? How did he survive sitting on the ground for however long it took for the emperor to arrive after being delimbed and scorched WITHOUT his helmet? :lol

And you missed the point with the Predator bio mask entirely.

Point is: He can survive for a short period of time without his helmet on, so him holding his helmet in the statue is not a flaw.

what does mustafar have to do with ANY of this? he wasnt vader nor did he needed vader armor. He was a healthy sith lord that got severely injured before the emperor did the "robocop" surgery on him. Again what does that have anything to do with what we are discussing?

Arrrghhh!!! Sideshow needs to stop being c ____ teasers!
Just release this already! Bad enough we have to wait for this next year. They teased obiwan last year and its yet to be released. I really doubt will see all of them up for PO by the end of this year....

Arrrghhh!!! Sideshow needs to stop being c ____ teasers!
Just release this already! Bad enough we have to wait for this next year. They teased obiwan last year and its yet to be released. I really doubt will see all of them up for PO by the end of this year....

I agree. I'm getting really sick of just pictures.

what does mustafar have to do with ANY of this? he wasnt vader nor did he needed vader armor. He was a healthy sith lord that got severely injured before the emperor did the "robocop" surgery on him. Again what does that have anything to do with what we are discussing?
First of all, you are the one who brought up Mustafar. :slap

Second of all, my point, which was clearly stated in my previous post, is that while he was on Mustafar..after Obi Wan had completely messed him up..he was still alive. And he remained alive for however long it took the emperor to get there and get the medical thingy for him.

He lived without medical attention, without the Vader suit, for more than a few minutes in his severely damaged condition.

So, once again

Point is: He can survive for a short period of time without his helmet on, so him holding his helmet in this statue is not a flaw.

Let my nerd view get in on this.

I think Vader could remove the mask for a short time. Hell he carried on a small conversation with Luke and he was on his way to death anyways.

No reason to think that he can't take it off look at it and ponder how much he has screwed up his life. He did survive getting his arms chopped off and burining up on the planet. Had to wait for at least a few hours for the Emperor to show and and take him back and fix him.

And as far as your 'he was a healthy sith lord before the robcop thing." Well if his lungs were fine before that why would the do something to make his lungs worse.

Personally I think it's just another case of George Lucas messing everything up and causing his fans to turn on each other :).

I think Vader could remove the mask for a short time. Hell he carried on a small conversation with Luke and he was on his way to death anyways.

No reason to think that he can't take it off look at it and ponder how much he has screwed up his life. He did survive getting his arms chopped off and burining up on the planet. Had to wait for at least a few hours for the Emperor to show and and take him back and fix him.
Exactly. He can take it off..but he can't keep it off for too long.

It seems like in this statue, he's not worried about that though. Maybe he regrets who he has become and he is contemplating ending it all..or he's just looking into his now lifeless eyes wondering if he chose the right path.

And it looks as if he is on Mustafar, which would make sense considering that's where he supposedly killed the love of his life..the one he was trying to save this whole time, and fought his own master who had been like a brother to him.

I can see it now..he's in the middle of erupting volcanoes, lava spewing all around him..holding his helmet in front of him, staring into the cold eyes of Darth Vader..the music is building..he starts coughing, music building, his eyes are straining...then SILENCE! He puts the helmet back on.

Exactly. He can take it off..but he can't keep it off for too long.

It seems like in this statue, he's not worried about that though. Maybe he regrets who he has become and he is contemplating ending it all..or he's just looking into his now lifeless eyes wondering if he chose the right path.

And it looks as if he is on Mustafar, which would make sense considering that's where he supposedly killed the love of his life..the one he was trying to save this whole time, and fought his own master who had been like a brother to him.

I can see it now..he's in the middle of erupting volcanoes, lava spewing all around him..holding his helmet in front of him, staring into the cold eyes of Darth Vader..the music is building..he starts coughing, music building, his eyes are straining...then SILENCE! He puts the helmet back on.

I imagined that whole thing all the way through. Nice one. Made me want to buy the Vader one on top of the Obi-wan... one. lol

Everyone seems to like the GG so much, and it is a nice rendition, but far too much of a third tier character for me to get excited about. I prefer all the others over the GG thus far. Even Maul! Egads, what's a missa sayin?

But seriously, can you imagine Jar Jar in this line! :panic:

I would take Boba in a second if I could swing the finances. We'll see when he goes up...

:D Really amazing line though! Yeppers.

I like Star Wars....my two sons are big fans....and I collect Premium Formats but decided not to collect SW for financial reasons.....(can't get everything..)

The only thing that could change my mind was maybe C3PO and R2D2 and definitely Chewbacca PF (can't wait for that one)

The Droids were released and they look fantastic but with a $799 price tag I had to pass.....

But I was blown away by Obi-Wan from the Mythos series....in my humble opinion it is the best SW statue I have ever seen. I fell in love with it and I literally can not see myself without one.....

I pretty much feel the same about Darth Vader....what an amazing look and the light effect from the base to the clothes are so creative.....

The third one that I might not be able to pass is Boba Fett.....I love that piece and the three should be part of my collection...It is a new scale and I'm very limited with what I can buy but This series is the best SS series to date.....

May the Force be with our wallets...... ;)

Cheers

sdcc2012_sideshow_starwars_28.jpg

sdcc2012_sideshow_starwars_27.jpg

sdcc2012_sideshow_starwars_26.jpg

Last edited:
Back