Sideshow Star Wars Do-Overs?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should SS go back and redo some oldies?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
They need to re-do most of their humans, and a few others. The standard and quality has increased vastly over the last 5 years. I'd be in for:

ANH Luke
Jedi Luke
ANH Leia
Bespin Han
Maul
ROTS Anakin (If HT don't get there first)
ROTS Kenobi

How can anyone want Hot Toys to do these? Hot Toys comes out with 4 more figures than I do in an entire year and I don't even make toys. :)

I'm going to take a stab at modifying the amazing Episode I Obi Wan sculpt into Episode III Obi wan. I did a quick photoshop to see if it would look decent, I think it might? What do you guys think? I think the likeness can be there.....If it works, maybe some members can cast some up for us? I have no idea how to cast anything.

obicombojpg.jpg

I'm going to take a stab at modifying the amazing Episode I Obi Wan sculpt into Episode III Obi wan. I did a quick photoshop to see if it would look decent, I think it might? What do you guys think? I think the likeness can be there.....If it works, maybe some members can cast some up for us? I have no idea how to cast anything.

obicombojpg.jpg

Already in the works. Got the headsculpt from TA and sending to a sculptor soon and he does casting. However he's going thru a tough time so...

If i understood correctly it's SS that's keeping them to only releasing every year or so.

Not sure where you got that info but I don't believe its correct. HT can go and do I believe any figure SS has already done. I believe if memory serves me correctly that's the part of the license that HT got so blame Iron man and Batman :)lol).

If i understood correctly it's SS that's keeping them to only releasing every year or so.

Which would be acceptable if SS got off it's butt and started redoing some of the terrible pieces that were released earlier (Qui-Gon, Mace, Anakin and Padme for starters), started showing/releasing some of the long promised pieces like Dooku, Grievous, new Vader, etc., and started showing new pieces like Queen Amidala, Slave Leia, Mara Jade, Royal Guard, Tie Pilot, etc.

I think SS got so into milking the clone sculpts that they completely took their eye off the ball. Similar to Gentle Giant a few years ago, but even worse.

I can't vote because my choice is not represented.

I would vote "Yes, but not until every single character from every single movie or TV show has been done...including characters with no story and only 0.5 seconds of screen time somewhere way in the background and almost off the screen...then go back and improve them in order of least-desired to most desired."

In 2011 in the Milk interview the Hot Toys rep said that Hot Toys was looking to do 1-2 Star Wars DX's per year. They also said that they had over 1000 viable characters from the Star Wars Universe, but they were going to strive for fan favorites.

They said that the only thing SSC put on the restricted list was anything on SSC had on their production schedule and anything that was "recently" released (how recent wasn't mentioned).

So, from that, it sounds like SSC didn't put a ton of restrictions on Hot Toys.

Back