Sideshow Spike Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any more Spike arrivals? It's weird seeing only a few members who noted that got the Exclusive, yet the ES is 500. It makes me wonder how many people who are Sideshow 'faithfuls' are not Sideshow Freaks members?

Any more Spike arrivals? It's weird seeing only a few members who noted that got the Exclusive, yet the ES is 500. It makes me wonder how many people who are Sideshow 'faithfuls' are not Sideshow Freaks members?

I'm not sure how the other actors fanbases works, but JM has a very loyal following, who are usually fill up every gig and convention he does. Many travel abroad, sometimes even across the pond, to see him. So it ciuld be that many bought tjis statue, not owning anyting else sideshow, because a)they're big fans who don't mind spending money on JM stuff and b)this is the most lifelike and character accurate statue thatbwe are ever likely to see. Not that you need to be a Spike fan to own this statue, just a general JM fan, since the vamp head is optional.

Hopefully, this will be true for a lot of people, and once they have Spike on their shelf, they'll think he's lonely and buy the rest of the line, even though they didn't use to be sideshow fans.

I'm not sure how the other actors fanbases works, but JM has a very loyal following, who are usually fill up every gig and convention he does. Many travel abroad, sometimes even across the pond, to see him. So it ciuld be that many bought tjis statue, not owning anyting else sideshow, because a)they're big fans who don't mind spending money on JM stuff and b)this is the most lifelike and character accurate statue thatbwe are ever likely to see. Not that you need to be a Spike fan to own this statue, just a general JM fan, since the vamp head is optional.

Hopefully, this will be true for a lot of people, and once they have Spike on their shelf, they'll think he's lonely and buy the rest of the line, even though they didn't use to be sideshow fans.

Good points all-around. I can only hope it's enough to keep the line going (or at least contribute somewhat.)

I like your signature, BTW. :)

Mine should've been here yesterday, but FedEx kept me waiting all day and didn't show up at my door. I gess I'll get Spike on Monday. I'll post pictures then.

Mine should've been here yesterday, but FedEx kept me waiting all day and didn't show up at my door. I gess I'll get Spike on Monday. I'll post pictures then.

God, it is so much better for me that mine gets dropped off at the Post Office. It's funny that they say they don't ship to PO Boxes, yet they don't deliver to your door where I live, so a note goes in my PO Box to let me know it has arrived.

Hopefully you get yours soon and all is well :)

I have to do a similar thing because I always miss the Fed-Ex guy. I just call ahead of time and they re-route the package to the nearest Kinkos store. And since they're open 24/7, I can pick it up whenever and not have to worry about it getting bounced around during re-deliveries. Best shipping decision I've ever made with Sideshow. :lol

The more I hear about the flaws, I'm happy I decided to wait a few years before I bought any of these statues. My ecenomy is real crappy and I needed to realize I couldn't keep buying stuff.

Now I can wait until someone's selling the exclusives on ebay, when I can look at the pictures and decide if they're good enough. Buying through sideshow seems like a gamble.

But at least if you buy through Sideshow, you can return it if there are issues, if you buy off of someone else and you find problems, you cannot return it. I was looking at people selling the statues on ebay right now, many of them still sealed and they have "returns not accepted" on them. Now they haven't opened them up, so they don't know if there are any issues with them and after 30 days, you're unable to return them to SS.

Hopefully if you do choose to buy one later on that the seller is truthful and there are no flaws on it. I purchased a Buffy ex from a seller last year and after a few days I noticed the wing of one of the gargoyles is chipped a bit. I didn't notice it to begin with, but when I did I was like "what the hell?" It's minor and not really noticable, so I'm okay, but I'm sure if it had arrived from SS in that condition many would have asked for a replacement chair.

But at least if you buy through Sideshow, you can return it if there are issues, if you buy off of someone else and you find problems, you cannot return it. I was looking at people selling the statues on ebay right now, many of them still sealed and they have "returns not accepted" on them. Now they haven't opened them up, so they don't know if there are any issues with them and after 30 days, you're unable to return them to SS.

Hopefully if you do choose to buy one later on that the seller is truthful and there are no flaws on it. I purchased a Buffy ex from a seller last year and after a few days I noticed the wing of one of the gargoyles is chipped a bit. I didn't notice it to begin with, but when I did I was like "what the hell?" It's minor and not really noticable, so I'm okay, but I'm sure if it had arrived from SS in that condition many would have asked for a replacement chair.

That's the what I like so much about Sideshow. If any thing is wrong, return it with no questions asked. It just sucks though with the way QC has been going lately.
I meant that I would buy it from someone who had taken it out of it's box, inspected it himself and was also offering lots of photos of it.

You should be okay that way. The more pics, the better.

Did the Willow and Buffy maquettes have similar issues? I wasn't around here then when they were being released.

Did the Willow and Buffy maquettes have similar issues? I wasn't around here then when they were being released.

My throne came with one oh the gargoyle's wings chipped. I didn't ask for a replacement. I thought it was not that big of a deal...

I bought one off ebay with the same thing - I also didn't think it was a big deal, I didn't even notice it until I actually looked up close, like 3 days after :)

Williw came perfect for me, but I did need a new Throne for Buffy. One of teeth in the skull broke off in transit. I got a satisifactory replacement though.

Just some quick pics I took this morning.

#103/500

BuffyTheVampireSlayer-SpikeStatue1.jpg

BuffyTheVampireSlayer-SpikeStatue2.jpg

BuffyTheVampireSlayer-SpikeStatue4.jpg

BuffyTheVampireSlayer-SpikeStatue3.jpg

Still waiting on a replacement vampire HS.

Back