Sideshow Spike Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spike has arrived for me as well!! It's absolutely beautiful but unfortunately, I had to file for a replacement. :( Too many paint app. issues, but Sideshow told me a replacement shouldn't be a problem.

Overall though, despite the flaws, this is probably my favorite piece in the line. It keeps getting better. :rock

What are some of your issues?

Both heads oddly enough have chips on the ears and the base has a chip on the side of it. From what I could tell, the body looked fine (upon quick inspection), but Customer Service said because more than one part of the piece had an issue, I'd have to send the whole thing back. I was hoping they would just send placements, but no such luck.

Like I was saying though, flaws aside, it really looks like an amazing piece. Not enough for me to keep the one I have in it's current condition, of course, but still.

Mine also arrived and everything looked good except...

One of the fangs on the exclusive was chipped off. He was literally de-fanged. Time to snap some pictures and shoot them to SS.

The paint on the vamp face is a bit sloppy but maybe the new one will be better. I am convinced it's the eyeliner. They can't seem to get any head with eyeliner right. (just partially kidding).

Getting mine tomorrow evening. UPS always runs late at my house. Ya'll have me worried with all the issues everybody's having.

Mine is waiting for me at home, fingers crossed. Pics I have seen here so far look excellent!:clap

My twin brother got his exclusive Spike tonight and every thing is OK.
No chipped fangs,no paint problems,looks real great. I'm sure he'll be posting pics later on.

I love love LOVE my Spike! #44 Ex is in perfect condition. He definitely is the statue in the line that is the most spot-on. 100% Spike.
Congrats to everyone else on their new toy! :hi5:
Sorry about the few issues I've seen some of you have.

Got mine today!! He's #146. Everything looks perfect....I guess I'm one of the lucky ones. My ONLY complaint about this piece is that the head tilts down too much. Unless you display him up high you have to bend down and then look back up to see his face properly. Just my complaint... Now, bring on GILES & Xan man!!!

Got mine today!! He's #146. Everything looks perfect....I guess I'm one of the lucky ones. My ONLY complaint about this piece is that the head tilts down too much. Unless you display him up high you have to bend down and then look back up to see his face properly. Just my complaint... Now, bring on GILES & Xan man!!!

I thought the same thing, so I put him on a six foot tall shelf. Better now.:)

Mines sitting in the Post Office waiting for me to collect - now I have to find the time to get it, crappy PO only opens 9 to 5 when I work :(

Lucky number 7 arrived - Looks amazing, Sideshow really knocked this one out of the park. This is easily judged the best of this line so far, from sculpt and likeness to paint apps, everything is spot on. I really like the way they handled the belt on his jacket, the way it hangs without disrupting the flow of his coat - well done guys, really well done. The paint on the boots is incredible too, they look very realistic.

I can see where people would complain about the head/face not being readily visible due to pointing down, but that is due to the pose, and I wouldn't change the pose at all; again great choice, really well done. With the vamp head on he is the feral predator and with the regular he is smarmy smug Spike. Hopefully when Angel arrives he is just as good quality wise.

Now gimme my Darla!!!

Alright, I missed my first delivery from UPS due to having to attend training at work. UPS left a note yesterday stating they will come between the hours of 2PM and 5PM. They arrived at my home at 12PM today and I had to step out for a few minutes, so I missed the delivery again. If they are not going to follow the notes they leave, then why leave them at all. Very frustrating. :banghead :gah:

Back