Sideshow Spike Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't afford the deposit right now, I'm completely tapped out financially. Do you guys think I'll still be able to pre-order the exclusive in early August?

spkie.jpg

Oh very nice. :D

Do you guys think I'll still be able to pre-order the exclusive in early August?

Maybe. I suspect that Spike won't sell as quickly as some of the female characters, but you can never tell really.

This statue really came out of nowhere! It took 6 months minimum between Willow & Faith to go up for pre-order. So I thought I had some time to raise money. I had no idea Spike would be up for order a month after Faith :horror

You say that but his resale value of figures like the PF have always seemed to have fetched less interest and lower prices then the other characters, which I've always found a bit weird.

spike.jpg

Oh what a pretty wee vampire he is. :lol :D The neck and cupids bow mouth are particularly perfect.

I was so set on buying it, but I can't justify it. It will end up costing me more than a month's rent and I can't afford that for a few years. I need to learn to stop spending.

You say that but his resale value of figures like the PF have always seemed to have fetched less interest and lower prices then the other characters, which I've always found a bit weird.

I know. People follow JM all over the earth to go to Q&A's, gigs and other appearences, so I'm suprised everytime I see a Spike PF being re-listed on ebay.

Do you want my honest opinion?

Well I think It's because the hard core fanbase for his character consists of a lot of women, particularly of a 'certain age' and that they on the whole have less disposable income to spend on frippery then most young men.

Imo males of a certain income bracket are more likely to spend large amounts on such luxury items then women who on the whole aren't into this type of high end spectrum collecting, and even If they are have other commitments that need to have money spent on them.

I can't afford the deposit right now, I'm completely tapped out financially. Do you guys think I'll still be able to pre-order the exclusive in early August?

I think it could go either way. Willow sold out relatively quick for Willow, IMO. Spike is definitely more popular as a character, IMO, but I've yet to see a 'low quantity alert' yet which surprises me.

I think the regular will available regardless, but the Exclusive I think is a 50/50 shot at this rate.

I think it could go either way. Willow sold out relatively quick for Willow, IMO. Spike is definitely more popular as a character, IMO, but I've yet to see a 'low quantity alert' yet which surprises me.

Oh It doesn't me, but then you've heard the reason why I think that. :lol

I've been looking at both heads on Trevs Deviantart page and god I wish I could afford this. The heads on their own are just superb. In fact I'd go as far and say I'd have been quite happy to buy just the heads and leave the rest. :lol

I was so set on buying it, but I can't justify it. It will end up costing me more than a month's rent and I can't afford that for a few years. I need to learn to stop spending.

Sadly you and me both hon. :(

Oh It doesn't me, but then you've heard the reason why I think that. :lol

I've been looking at both heads on Trevs Deviantart page and god I wish I could afford this. The heads on their own are just superb. In fact I'd go as far and say I'd have been quite happy to buy just the heads and leave the rest. :lol

You're not getting this one?

See my comment above. I really can't justify this expenditure I'm afraid. I'm on a very small income right about now and even though I adore this head sculpt I just cannot afford it. :(

If this had come out towards the end of next year, maybe, but now, not so much.

Back